Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Proof NSA extorted Yahoo user info

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...r-data-refusal

I guess it's good nobody used Yahoo. Makes you wonder if the NSA has tried to extort other companies as well. Google springs in to mind.

EDIT: Nevermind, Cenk points out NSA has extorted Google as well. So, basically, all of us who have Gmail accounts can have our mail read by the NSA because Google doesn't want to pay $250000 a day. I mean, sure, if the NSA was doing this shit to help me, I wouldn't be that concerned, but the NSA doesn't give a shit about Finland, so that organization is our enemy. Obviously.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2014-09-13 at 03:34 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm more concerned about the massive amounts of water they are using to cool down their hardware in places like Utah. Such a waste of water for no good purpose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    My being kind of a dick has nothing to do with my political views.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I live in the US. My cucumbers come with labels that say, "Not for use by children under the age of 8. Do not feed the cucumber after midnight. Do not deep throat the cucumber. For external use only."

I don't worry about NSA I worry about the people working for NSA going through all this info.

Deleted
    I would like to touch again upon the fact that the United States government has spied on the citizens of pretty much every other government, and right now, openly, so wouldn't that make them, openly, the enemy of every other government on this planet?

Yet, some countries have willingly joined yet another "coalition" to go play in the Middle Eastern sandbox, again, and with one of our enemies, the United States (Remember where they spied on us and became our enemies?) no less.

It's amazing to me. Then people wonder why the US isn't liked so much. I wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    I mean, sure, if the NSA was doing this shit to help me, I wouldn't be that concerned, but the NSA doesn't give a shit about Finland, so that organization is our enemy. Obviously.
    This part makes me laugh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Olo View Post
    This part makes me laugh.
    It does? What about it makes you laugh? The fact that if a foreign power is spying on the people of a nation, then that foreign power is rightfully considered an enemy of that nation?

It does? What about it makes you laugh? The fact that if a foreign power is spying on the people of a nation, then that foreign power is rightfully considered an enemy of that nation?
    The fact that you would be ok with Finland doing it but if it's the Americans theyre GLOBAL ENEMY #1!!!111!
    I mean, sure, if the NSA was doing this shit to help me, I wouldn't be that concerned

Everybody spies on each other. The US is not the only nation to do so, and you can't hate an entire nation just because of one sect of the government that is doing bad things.

The common person of the nation has nothing to do with this, as we have no say over what the NSA actually does. Heck, a lot of us don't like them either, but there's nothing we can do about them.

To call the entire USA "an enemy" is just stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Foreigners complaining about the NSA make me lol. If you put it on the internet, it’s no longer under your control. It will get to whoever wants to get their hands on it; hackers, the NSA, some random government, possibly even your angry girlfriend. Until you can be at peace with the reality that what you put online isn’t secure, you need to just stop using the internet.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

i honestly don't see how they can fine them 250k/day to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to touch again upon the fact that the United States government has spied on the citizens of pretty much every other government, and right now, openly, so wouldn't that make them, openly, the enemy of every other government on this planet?

Yet, some countries have willingly joined yet another "coalition" to go play in the Middle Eastern sandbox, again, and with one of our enemies, the United States (Remember where they spied on us and became our enemies?) no less.

It's amazing to me. Then people wonder why the US isn't liked so much. I wonder.
    I wish people would stop saying that the US is the only one that does it, the US is just very good at it. I also like how Google is seemingly allowed to record the data but the NSA isn't. As of now Google can do far more damaging things with the data then the NSA. The NSA can only mine store the data and must jump through a number of legal hoops to use it against you. Google actively sells and utilizes the data. You should be more worried about the data falling into the hands of insecure ad agency that is compromised by identity thieves then the NSA using it against you.

Deleted
    The fact that you would be ok with Finland doing it but if it's the Americans theyre GLOBAL ENEMY #1!!!111!
    I wouldn't be OK with it, but I "wouldn't be that concerned" if I knew that the NSA and the US were defending me and my country, but they aren't. They don't give two shits about my country.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaelai View Post
    Everybody spies on each other. The US is not the only nation to do so, and you can't hate an entire nation just because of one sect of the government that is doing bad things.
    Everybody spies on each other? Is that so? Where are the news about spy agencies in non-US countries demanding shit from companies like Yahoo and Google? Are you telling me every single country on this planet has better spies than the United States, since no other country has been caught doing shit on this level?

The common person of the nation has nothing to do with this, as we have no say over what the NSA actually does. Heck, a lot of us don't like them either, but there's nothing we can do about them.
    You're a citizen of a country, and your view is that you have no power over what the government of that country does? Do you live in a fascist state?

To call the entire USA "an enemy" is just stupid.
    If the NSA is a part of the government of the US, and the NSA is doing what can only be described as stuff that only enemies do, then isn't the US government, and by the extension, the entire United States, our enemy?

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    the US is just very good at it
    Being the only country to be caught doing it is being "just very good at it"?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    You say this like it's new or something. The NSA is EVERYWHERE, because that's what our government wanted. End of story.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    I really like how this never makes it on main stream Media, the only place you find out about it is the internet and PBS... LOL
    Because those are the only people that get up in arms about it. The NSA's basic charter (not it's actual one, but it's "spirited" one) is to basically be everyone, digitally.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    I really like how this never makes it on main stream Media, the only place you find out about it is the internet and PBS... LOL
    It was on the front page of numerous news sites including the New York Times.

I wouldn't be OK with it, but I "wouldn't be that concerned"
    According to you, spying makes you an enemy. But you're telling me you wouldn't be concerned?

Are you telling me every single country on this planet has better spies than the United States, since no other country has been caught doing shit on this level?
    Plenty of countries have been caught spying on each other.

doing what can only be described as stuff that only enemies do
    Yeah...no one actually believes that.

You do know google already scans everyone email for their own purposes, right?
    Last edited by Olo; 2014-09-13 at 04:27 AM.

Deleted
    According to you, spying makes you an enemy. But you're telling me you wouldn't be concerned?
    If they're spying on me and aren't doing it for me, I'm concerned. If they'd be spying me and doing it for me, I'd be less concerned. It's not rocket science.

Plenty of countries have been caught spying on each other.
    Where's the news article of other countries being caught demanding Yahoo and Google and the like to give over all the shit on their users? I missed that one. Oh, this must be a case of other countries being actually good at spying whereas the US sucks ass at it and always gets caught. That it? J/K of course.

Yeah...no one actually believes that.
    I'm sorry... What? Here, outside of the US, in the civilized world, we do actually believe that any party spying on our shit makes them our enemy.

If they're spying on me and aren't doing it for me, I'm concerned. If they'd be spying me and doing it for me, I'd be less concerned. It's not rocket science.
    Then you'll excuse me for not being concerned

Where's the news article of other countries being caught demanding Yahoo and Google and the like to give over all the shit on their users? I missed that one. Oh, this must be a case of other countries being actually good at spying whereas the US sucks ass at it and always gets caught. That it? J/K of course.
    Russia demands info from its companies as does china from theirs. Europe doesn't have many decent tech companies but france pulls all telecom data going through the country and the UK taps undersea fiber

I'm sorry... What? Here, outside of the US, in the civilized world, we do actually believe that any party spying on our shit makes them our enemy.
    Well your governments don't so bleh.
    Last edited by Olo; 2014-09-13 at 04:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Google, your own governemtn, and most if not all of the governments within what you refer to as the civilized world are also your enemies then?
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    So Google, your own governemtn, and most if not all of the governments within what you refer to as the civilized world are also your enemies then?
    The Finnish government has never been caught spying on anyone. Is our government and are our agents just so fucking superior to the US agents that they don't get caught? Or, could it be, that ours don't spy on people?

Also, where are the stories of other European spies being caught? I know there are some, of course; but where's the bulk? Are 99% of the world's countries better at it than the US?

Quote Originally Posted by sydänyö View Post
    the finnish government has never been caught spying on anyone. Is our government and are our agents just so fucking superior to the us agents that they don't get caught? Or, could it be, that ours don't spy on people?

Also, where are the stories of other european spies being caught? I know there are some, of course; but where's the bulk? Are 99% of the world's countries better at it than the us?
    gchq? Dgse?
    Last edited by Olo; 2014-09-13 at 04:48 AM.