View Poll Results: How many subs will WoW lose in Q3 2014?

Voters
189. This poll is closed
  • 1 Million or More Subs Lost

30 15.87%
  • 500,000 to 1 Million Subs Lost

44 23.28%
  • 300,000 to 500,000 Subs Lost

33 17.46%
  • 0 to 300,000 Subs Lost

50 26.46%
  • Other

32 16.93%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    There is nothing useful in this thread...Could you at the very least post a date when the event is and where we can watch it...

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Sanctusar, how many subs do you think WoW will lose this time around? What option did you choose? Lets stay on topic.
    400k tops.

Snarky.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    I predict around a Mil lost. It is best for the game if Blizz understands that they can't just not release content for a year and a half.
    Well I honestly believe that the sub loss is a reflection of how much off the mark they were with Mop. They took a gamble on a whimsical and fluffy idea and it backfired and failed horribly on them. They even said at the blizzcon that they announced Mop that this was a try at something fresh, something different, something "lighter" and not within the real confines of the WoW universe. I know, i was there at Blizzcon when they announced it.

Its just too bad that they even decided they wanted to go down that route because even a "dark below" expansion would have been much better than the pile of crap we got dealt with Mop.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    There is nothing useful in this thread...Could you at the very least post a date when the event is and where we can watch it...
    November 11th, and you can listen to it live online.

Well I honestly believe that the sub loss is a reflection of how much off the mark they were with Mop. They took a gamble on a whimsical and fluffy idea and it backfired and failed horribly on them. They even said at the blizzcon that they announced Mop that this was a try at something fresh, something different, something "lighter" and not within the real confines of the WoW universe. I know, i was there at Blizzcon when they announced it.

Its just too bad that they even decided they wanted to go down that route because even a "dark below" expansion would have been much better than the pile of crap we got dealt with Mop.

- - - Updated - - -

November 11th, and you can listen to it live online.
    Explain how MoP was "sooo bad" instead of just talk talk talking.

MoP Lore was great. Gameplay was alright.
    MoP was an all around great expansion in my opinion, so please explain yourself.

Oh look, another thinly disguised "Jaylock bashes MoP" thread. We get it. You didn't like MoP.
    "Nobody less skilled than me should be allowed to see this content."
    - Everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Naequin View Post
    Oh look, another thinly disguised "Jaylock bashes MoP" thread. We get it. You didn't like MoP.
    Most people don't notice his avatar do they lol

10+ Year Old Account
    So you are not being honest with how you feel just because you dont like my polls?

You are a moderator, dont you have the ability to freely change any poll you damn well please? Not that I would want you to change my poll because I think its completely fair with the "other" option there, but since you are the head honcho, you can do as you please.

200,000 seems a bit low to me, im guessing closer to 500,000 or more.
    Oh, bit I did post on topic as well as my legitimate estimation, 200.000 seems more right. For I am counting within the books of people in panic for the mount as well. as the names for Q3. As the pre-patch is in Q3.

And no, we don't. Being a moderator doens't mean you may change what you want to what you like. Just more, 85% of your polls are always one sided, was an opinion.

I selected the 'Other' as more to be a free flow due to my belief of reaction. As I have seen people react strongly to the freeing up of names as well as wanting the chopper, SoO end achivement + mount and so on.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    So...with you being so knowledgeable....why are you not making games..or at least councelling game companies, but rather "guaranteed replies" threads on some internet forum? And racking up a world record in infractions and temp bans? Seems a waste of potential
    This.

It seems that whenever I see Jaylock he has no constructive thing to say.
    But we should know better with that avatar...

I think the loss won't be that big. I'm thinking around 300k at most.

Maybe not even that, i don't currently play WoW and i do not agree with a lot of things Blizz has done. But WoW remains a game i enjoyed for many years and that i still hope it will have a good future for when / if i will return.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're damn right I dont like Mop. Is there an issue with me expressing my dislike of it? Again, its an opinion, i am free to mine, and you are free to yours. But, it really really seems like several other people agree as the subs would suggest.

Again, why a person stopped subscribing is irrelevant. All that is relevant is that they unsubscribed. And again, one would assume that if the game had been something they thought was worth their time and money, they would have stayed subscribed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctusar View Post
    This.

It seems that whenever I see Jaylock he has no constructive thing to say.
    But we should know better with that avatar...
    Oh I have plenty of constructive and good things to say about WoW. It was a great game! One of the best in its era. It brought large group raiding to the limelight and gave millions of people an opportunity to see the Warcraft universe like never before, or never could be achieved by their RTS games.

WoW was the standard by which all other MMOs were and to some degree are measured today.

You're damn right I dont like Mop. Is there an issue with me expressing my dislike of it? Again, its an opinion, i am free to mine, and you are free to yours. But, it really really seems like several other people agree as the subs would suggest.

Again, why a person stopped subscribing is irrelevant. All that is relevant is that they unsubscribed. And again, one would assume that if the game had been something they thought was worth their time and money, they would have stayed subscribed.
    but it's funny because your unsubbed

making a thread

about

subs. lol

You're perfectly entitled to dislike MoP. What you can't claim is that it was a bad expansion and everyone hated it. Plenty of people liked MoP, myself included. And you can't assume every unsub was due to dislike of the game. People unsub for any amount of reasons.
    "Nobody less skilled than me should be allowed to see this content."
    - Everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    but it's funny because your unsubbed

making a thread

about

subs. lol
    1) are you unsubbed?

2) are you a fan of the game?

3) are people not allowed to discuss something they are interested in? Just because im interested in professional baseball but I dont play professional baseball, does it mean that I am not free or allowed to talk about professional baseball?

You have some flawed logic.

- - - Updated - - -

You're perfectly entitled to dislike MoP. What you can't claim is that it was a bad expansion and everyone hated it. Plenty of people liked MoP, myself included. And you can't assume every unsub was due to dislike of the game. People unsub for any amount of reasons.
    I never assumed any reason people unsubbed. I just simply stated that they did.

However, would it be safe for us to assume that if the game were perceived to be worth a person's time and money, they would continue to stay subbed and play the game?

notice how i didn't give any reasons other than worth their time and money, and if its not worth a person's time and money, it would be safe to assume that they would unsubscribe. Hence, more people over the course of this particular expansion found the game to not be worth their time and money, and therefore the game lost subs. Is this not a true statement?

1) are you unsubbed?

2) are you a fan of the game?

3) are people not allowed to discuss something they are interested in? Just because im interested in professional baseball but I dont play professional baseball, does it mean that I am not free or allowed to talk about professional baseball?

You have some flawed logic.
    i would never think someone who is unsubbed would care so much about who else out there is unsubbed

i mean you are seriously saying the reason so many people are unsubbing is because of MoP.

stop

10+ Year Old Account
    i would never think someone who is unsubbed would care so much about who else out there is unsubbed

i mean you are seriously saying the reason so many people are unsubbing is because of MoP.

stop
    Completely side stepped my questions. Thats okay, I know its hard to answer easy questions especially when they dont suit your view of the game.

OT: WoW was at 10 Million subscriptions at the start of MoP, it is now down under 7 million subscriptions. Thats over 3 million subs lost over the course of THIS current expansion.

Completely side stepped my questions. Thats okay, I know its hard to answer easy questions especially when they dont suit your view of the game.

OT: WoW was at 10 Million subscriptions at the start of MoP, it is now down under 7 million subscriptions. Thats over 3 million subs lost over the course of THIS current expansion.
    because they were silly?

Every expansion loses a couple million subs at the end. EVERY EXPANSION. This is not news.

When WoD is at it's peak it will probably be 9-10 million subs.

10+ Year Old Account
    because they were silly?

Every expansion loses a couple million subs at the end. EVERY EXPANSION. This is not news.

When WoD is at it's peak it will probably be 9-10 million subs.
    Vanilla, TBC and WotLK would like to say Hi!

Deleted
    A loss between 500.000 - 1 milion. I have around 20-25 people on my friendlist and theres only 1-2 thats still playing. More might be subbed but i expect a huge loss

It will be a gain.

1. Prepatch is just around the corner
    2. Blizzard has put all kinds of stuff to boost Q3 numbers such as
    - Choppers
    - Remove heirloom vendor
    - Remove legendary cloak
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    It will be a gain.

1. Prepatch is just around the corner
    2. Blizzard has put all kinds of stuff to boost Q3 numbers such as
    - Choppers
    - Remove heirloom vendor
    - Remove legendary cloak
    Yeah, carrot and stick stuff there. Subs losses should be minimal with people now coming back for 6.0 changes, if not WoD.