Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Gladiator stance is a bad 90 Talent

I've played it on beta, and it's really fun. But its a completely bad "talent".

Why play 100 levels as fury, arms or prot, and then at lvl 100, essentially learn a new "spec"?

I'd really like to see Glad stance pushed down in the talent tree or either made a stance all specs can access at an earlier level.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not going to happen. Prot is already OP at lower levels. There is no need to add damage to it.

I can already forsee that I'm going to be annoyed at sword & board warriors who say "I'm DPS!" Nah... get your ass into tanking stance, brah.

10+ Year Old Account
    One- its not a 90 talent, its a 100.

Two- Yes, you are correct in that the playstyle option should be made available much sooner. Personally, I forsee it becoming a 4th spec for warriors within the next 2 expansions.

So, yes. It DOES need to become obtainable at lvl 10 as a 4th spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    I can already forsee that I'm going to be annoyed at sword & board warriors who say "I'm DPS!" Nah... get your ass into tanking stance, brah.
    2nd that, its going to be a problem for pugs for sure.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Unless blizzard has made it so you can queue as a DPS when in a tank spec, I doubt this will. They'll just get kicked out of the group. It'll be as real as "demo lock tanks".

Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    Unless blizzard has made it so you can queue as a DPS when in a tank spec, I doubt this will. They'll just get kicked out of the group. It'll be as real as "demo lock tanks".
    Players will be able to queue as DPS while in Gladiator spec. They've gone over this multiple times. No it won't be like kicking tanking warlocks who chose to queue as DPS and then try to hijack the group.

Deleted
    I think it will become a spec at one point. Although yeah, it would be great if it was a fully fleshed out spec from level 10. For now I'm totally happy it being a 100 Talent.

I wouldn't be surprised if all classes get a 4th spec as it seems easier to balance/create than a whole knew class.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with TC. Gladiator Stance should be available much earlier in the leveling process. My thought is that it should just be made into its own spec, but at the very least it should be a level 30 or 45 talent.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    On the plus side, you really don't have to learn anything. Gladiator Stance rotation is pretty much just tanking rotation, just without the threat. I do wish it was available earlier though so I don't have to go to Fury just to level. I'm going to miss Arms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Blizzard already confirmed its going to be a DPS spec.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Not going to deny having it as a lvl100 talent does feel pretty awk, but i guess it gives someone something to work towards.
    I'm looking forward to playing it, a lot more than I originally thought, I don't see it being arena 2000+ viable but for fucking around in bgs, sure.
    I can see if being made into a 4th spec eventually but that'll probably happen 2 expansions from now, when it really should happen now, but typical blizzard making QoL/neccesary changes years later. Not bashing just stating.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The leveling process from 90 - 100 is pretty quick so it never really bothered me that it was a level 100 talent. That said, not being on the PTR, does that allow you to use any of the level 100 talents for further testing/exposure? I assume it does, but like I said, I'm not on it or have ever used it for pre-expansion goodness.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Help ol Gil Out View Post
    The leveling process from 90 - 100 is pretty quick so it never really bothered me that it was a level 100 talent. That said, not being on the PTR, does that allow you to use any of the level 100 talents for further testing/exposure? I assume it does, but like I said, I'm not on it or have ever used it for pre-expansion goodness.
    PTR lets you test up to 90, so no you don't get Glad on PTR, only Beta.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by idefiler6 View Post
    PTR lets you test up to 90, so no you don't get Glad on PTR, only Beta.
    Ah, thank you!
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

This already happens now though with the "tanks" of the other classes as well.

Well I personally think that Gladiator Stance should be simply built-in the protection spec. What i mean is that for protection, battle stance is simply changed to glad stance with all its ups and down, that is with shield charge, the extra dps and being locked to the stance in combat.
    Created on the 25th April 2005.
    Protection Warrior since the old days of UBRS.

P.S. Make a part of your warrior community happy and bring Gladiator Stance back...

Quote Originally Posted by Gmollster11 View Post
    I've played it on beta, and it's really fun. But its a completely bad "talent".

Why play 100 levels as fury, arms or prot, and then at lvl 100, essentially learn a new "spec"?

I'd really like to see Glad stance pushed down in the talent tree or either made a stance all specs can access at an earlier level.
    It isn't a new spec. Rotationally, it's identical to prot except you're spending more rage dumping into HS instead of SBlock/SBarrier. Shield Charge is just Heavy Reprecussions with extended functionality.

I do agree that It should be it's own spec, though -- if only to remove them from rolling on bonus armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Linblum View Post
    Blizzard already confirmed its going to be a DPS spec.
    Great, now convince the playerbase if you would...

It's the very reason i'm going to go SMF-fury, despite loving the concept of sword & board DPS, being told by a PuG to "make myself useful and go defensive stance" as Gladiator spec isn't my idea of a good time...

I'm hoping that glad spec is an experiment at fourth specs for all classes, but as it is, glad spec is too close to being strong-armed into tanking for comfort...

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    It's not going to happen. Prot is already OP at lower levels. There is no need to add damage to it.
    Prot is not OP once they remove base damage from skills.