10+ Year Old Account

Proving Ground Questions

So I jumped into PGs to have something to do. Been fairly entertained with it. Just a few things I want cleared up. I did bronze through gold switching between bm and sv. been doing crit haste mast. Just recently I did sv and went haste crit mast to see if there was any diff. In endless I got wave 15 and wiped because i didnt time my cds right. The questions I have is how does the scaling work? Do gems matter? I went in with my cm gear that has about 21 sockets but im sure they dont matter. Any general info I can get would be appreciated I just kind went in and yoloed it I would like to get to wave 30.most of my "strats" involved kiting amber orbs into things but other than that no real "planning" Just not really sure if there is any real plan for it .
    Last edited by Redpanda; 2014-09-29 at 07:02 PM.
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

same as CM's, go SV Crit>mast,fervor crows, and you can basically just yolo it mostly as long as you are interrupting well, and using the amber blobs properly
    Retired hunter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnug View Post
    same as CM's, go SV Crit>mast,fervor crows, and you can basically just yolo it mostly as long as you are interrupting well, and using the amber blobs properly
    I figured i should just go with what i know, dunno why i wanted to get fancy going haste. crows im guessing for the big sha? seems like a big cd. im kiting blobs and force procing lnl with freezing trap but thats more or less it
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

The only real dps checks are the wave with the constant spawning big bomb dude, and the sha. Other than that the dps is fairly easy, and yea, pretrap each wave with all 3
    Retired hunter

7+ Year Old Account
    Throwing serpent sting on everything goes a long way too, even if you have to single target them.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redpanda View Post
    So I jumped into PGs to have something to do. Been fairly entertained with it. Just a few things I want cleared up. I did bronze through gold switching between bm and sv. been doing crit haste mast. Just recently I did sv and went haste crit mast to see if there was any diff. In endless I got wave 15 and wiped because i didnt time my cds right. The questions I have is how does the scaling work? Do gems matter? I went in with my cm gear that has about 21 sockets but im sure they dont matter. Any general info I can get would be appreciated I just kind went in and yoloed it I would like to get to wave 30.most of my "strats" involved kiting amber orbs into things but other than that no real "planning" Just not really sure if there is any real plan for it .
    If interested here a vid of me back in Oct to Wave 44. I basically had a set positioning and order each wave and just continually followed it with kminor changes each 10 waves (obviously requiring higher precision). Make sure to wear an old meta gem like CM's. I was Crit Haste Mastery Im pretty sure as Survival. You just really have to establish a set pace and order to kill everything. Youll see many waves I prelay traps before spawn times and dot up certain adds right off the bat. The marker is simply to remind me of the starting point for reference each phase in setting up the stage with traps etc. Best of luck! http://www.twitch.tv/fitfob/c/3129338

EDIT: oh and for waves 10, 20, 30, etc make sure to save all major dps CDs to zerg the crap out of the mob when his shield drops at 20 secs. And if you can save the BL it puts out do so. I utilized those mainly when needed making sure to always have 1 for the final large sha it lasts 30 seconds so dont wait until 20 secs to grab it when the shield falls. get it at 30 and use it for all its worth

Wave 3, 13, 23, etc I found a binding shot right at spawn was helpful in eliminating or atleast mostly killing off the mobs that throw bananas or whatever and skate around room.

Waves 5, 15, 25 I only used stampede for ensuring its up for larger sha in 10, 20,30.

And let your DoTs do the work sometimes. youll see I swap adds a lot when they get low at higher waves leaving a black arrow or serpent sting to finish them off while i focus another add
    Last edited by Fitfob; 2014-10-09 at 09:38 PM.