Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Nibbleh still here, and going to be a significantly large PITA for elemental and warlocks.
    NOOOOOOOOOO!

I wiped more on that on my warlock alt than i did on ALL the other bosses combined, that includes all the card bosses to. If they are gonna keep him i hope to god they fix all his buggs.

I hate Nibbleh, with all my heart i hate him. He made Kanrethad look like a walk in the park.

They should have said they at least tweaked the bosses, so it looked like they actually did something :/.

It's looking more and more like a good idea to wait until 6.1 to see how the expansion fleshes out :/.

I'm kind of bummed that there's going to be no new bosses (at least on launch), but I'm also relieved that they're not scrapping all of the existing Brawlers Guild content in the same way they're removing MoP challenge modes and the legendary questline for no good reason.

What does concern me, though, is that a lot of the existing bosses are going to become even more terribly imbalanced and frustrating for several of the ranged classes with the WoD class changes. I'm going to cross my fingers that the devs account for this with season 2, but I worry that some of the design flaws from season 1 will end up being exacerbated rather than improved upon.

With Patch 6.0.2 only a couple of weeks away
    Why do you keep saying this? Do you know something we don't know? Has any blues indicated that this be the case?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bane-Thunder-God View Post
    Why do you keep saying this? Do you know something we don't know? Has any blues indicated that this be the case?
    They are removing the valor part of the legendary questline. Not sure how long you need to do the rest with the buff and if you do LFR + flex + normal + heroic (Or however many difficulties you can get quest items from), but leaving one month for that entire part seems reasonable. Anything less seems less reasonable. That is my line of thinking at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryttge View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOO!

I wiped more on that on my warlock alt than i did on ALL the other bosses combined, that includes all the card bosses to. If they are gonna keep him i hope to god they fix all his buggs.

I hate Nibbleh, with all my heart i hate him. He made Kanrethad look like a walk in the park.
    Blargh, I really hope they rework him too. Nibbleh isn't even any more of a mechanically challenging fight than most of the other bosses, he's just brokenly designed and almost entirely subject to uncontrollable RNG, based on the limitations of the WoW engine in regards to mob pathing and hitboxes (plus his spit having no minimum range >.>).

BRUCEEEE! You got BRUCED!

x.0.2 are generally around 1 month before release to allow ppl to get used to the changes, also the pre patch event need some time to run.
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    I dont get the Hexos hate. He i one of the few bosses that are actually equal to everyone and takes precision movement while still keeping up a somewhat decent rotation.

It takes practise but after you learn it it gets easier to do it again.
    You likely play one of those classes that can do a blind 3 button circle click. It's a whole lot harder when you have 5 spells, 3 dots with different durations and on top of that cooldowns and proccs. That boss is definitely not equal to everyone...connection-problems on top of that. Many that play a more challenging class use 2 players to defeat Hexos...

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont get the Hexos hate. He i one of the few bosses that are actually equal to everyone and takes precision movement while still keeping up a somewhat decent rotation.

As stated by others before, he is not equal. Besides one's latency, Hexos is arguably the toughest out of all the Brawler bosses, the specials included. He should never have been required for progression.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

that hotfix was my bad Somarlane's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Brawler's Guild: Season 2

Why on earth are they removing an heirloom from being purchased? It's literally the only Fist-type heirloom in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sezerek View Post
    hm thats a good reminder that I have to max my archaeology for the last bonus boss, duh.
    I wish you good luck, then. It's fortunately that players can farm mogu and pandaren digsites for completed solves, then turn those in to Brann Bronzebeard for Crate of Tol'vir Archaeology Fragments, which has a 3% chance of containing Digmaster's Earthblade... which sadly is the better route than trying to farm Tol'vir dig sites.

They have only once removed an item from someone who obtained it and that was a legendary item from Molten core that was not supposed to be obtainable.

Thats the only time blizzard has ever removed an item that has been obtained legally.

I doubt VERY much they will start now
    This is incorrect. The item you are referring to is Talisman of Binding Shard, and Noktyn <Nurfed> (the guild he was a member of at the time) was allowed to keep it. See http://www.wowprogress.com/character...ackrock/Savorx , check under the equipped gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post
    Why do the MMO news keep linking to wowdb for all items and NPCs? Serious question here, because it always has very little information.
    I'll simply quote from Bibi:

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Nope, just full nope.

Wowdb was created to replace db.mmo-champion.com which was created because Wowhead refused to work with us years ago and we needed it to run MMO-Champion. There is absolutely no way for a company as big as Wowhead/Zam/Tencent Games to work with MMO-Champion in the first place because it would require us to have access to absolutely everything they have, which is a pretty good reason to refuse.

The first goal was to provide better content on MMO-Champion compared to what we had with db.mmo-champion.com and we achieved that goal pretty easily. It also brought some competition back to the market and improved things indirectly for everyone, including people who use Wowhead. Competition is always good.

WoWDB is mostly a "hey let's see what we can do with this" project with no real goal. It's a 100% money sink for the company and even if we added an ad slot somewhere it would still be a pretty huge money loss. The main goal is really just to support MMO-Champion's news and make our life easier on this side.

However, I'm glad that some people/other major sites adopted it because it lets me work with smart minds that provide us with a decent amount of feedback and let us improve our database platform altogether (contributing to the success of gw2db.com for example) but I'm not really on a crusade to destroy Wowhead, otherwise I wouldn't have them listed as the most obvious link on every page you click.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    I can answer that one!

WoWDB is used to power most of what's behind MMO-Champion's news. It replaced db.mmo-champion.com that was becoming super obsolete and wouldn't have survived MoP. It's also a way to try to improve user experience on MMO-C over db.mmo-champion.com pages we had because those were pretty bad.

It's a technological sandbox to let us improve the database platform on a company level. The improvements on wowdb are partially the reason why gw2db was more succesful than other databases for example.

The original reason why MMO-C had to create a DB was already mentioned in the thread, Wowhead got too big to be able to work with us and we were stuck with the choice of either doing our own thing, or posting really shitty news. The amount of data processing that goes into patch news requires way too much access than what we could have gotten from another company.

Some people also mentioned that competition is good, and I tend to agree with that. WoWDB was the first database to support a bunch of things such as spec variable spells or item upgrades. We also focus a lot more on newsing, so our spell parsing tends to be much cleaner to keep the unofficial notes clear: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=100780/jab / http://www.wowdb.com/spells/100780-jab

We also have random features like reagents breakdown http://www.wowdb.com/spells/93328-vial-of-the-sands

The goal isn't really to compete with Wowhead, it's more of a pet project to see if we can find new ways to improve MMO-C and make the experience more enjoyable for users with what we have.
    2021-09-21
    23:02 chelly: bobs and virginia

"With Patch 6.0.2 only a couple of weeks away"

Source please.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frequency View Post
    He's been removed
    Removed in teh coming patch or already removed? Hate that boss, stuck on this worst of all mechanic bosses

Its not the least bit suprising that they havent made new bosses yet. Do you really think new bosses for brawlers club is worth postponing the expansion?`

I love brawlers club, but new bosses for it is something they can allways add whenever they feel like it. It shouldnt take time from the release of the expansion thats for damn sure
    Postpone the expansion? They had a fucking year!

Quote Originally Posted by Aliok View Post
    Why on earth are they removing an heirloom from being purchased? It's literally the only Fist-type heirloom in the game.:
    Because they're removing all justice point heirlooms until they figure out how to handle them since they're removing justice points from the game and didn't want to do just gold.

It has nothing to do with practice, it is all about ping. If your ping is low, he is an easy fight, if your ping is high, it is an impossible fight.

- - - Updated - - -

It is coming a month before the expansion.

I didn't know people still cry about hexos. I mean, you just need like 100k dps and some simple mouse turning skills, it's not the end of the world really. Anything above average and people will ask blizzard to remove it seriously. Also people complaining about latency problem, I play with 200~300 and it was just fine.

Ok as i understood 6.0.2 is the pre patch (everything after 6.0 until 6.1 is considered the prepatch,only that we had additional builds which led to .2).
    The expansion per se comes live at 6.1.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhelyo View Post
    Ok as i understood 6.0.2 is the pre patch (everything after 6.0 until 6.1 is considered the prepatch,only that we had additional builds which led to .2).
    The expansion per se comes live at 6.1.

Correct me if i'm wrong.
    You´re wrong. The Expansion doesn´t require an additional patch and will go live with 6.0.2. This patch will inlude all the assets and data and they´ll just throw a server switch on 13th november so it will be accessible,

10+ Year Old Account
    This is honestly feeling like the laziest expansion they have ever released. It's just one thing after another.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    You´re wrong. The Expansion doesn´t require an additional patch and will go live with 6.0.2. This patch will inlude all the assets and data and they´ll just throw a server switch on 13th november so it will be accessible,
    They will likely do a 6.0.# patch just like they did with the other expansions when the expansion actually does go live.