Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Last Race Suggestion: Vrykul as playable?

The Vrykul could always be added as a playable race for the Horde (does the alliance need a race that's basically a gigantic human). It would help the issue "ugly races" in the Horde and they are pretty much one of the last original races that qualify as playable.

Story wise, I could see a gory of vrykul splitting off from the rest and becoming somewhat of a "nicer" faction. Like the forsake and blood elves, they could need a little help to get their kingdom rolling, so they ask one of the Hordies if they could have memberships. idk, just my opinion. I say ogres and vrykul for Horde and High elves and furbolgs for the Alliance.

Class ideas:
    *Warrior
    *Death Knight
    *Paladin
    *Hunter (Owl pet)
    *Monk
    *Mage
    *Druid (more connected to nature than humans are)

Mounts: Shoveltusk
    Last edited by Techno-Druid; 2014-10-05 at 04:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ewww no furbolgs. I want orcs with straight backs in the alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by NuLogic View Post
    Ewww no furbolgs. I want orcs with straight backs in the alliance.
    With a new model they could be extremely awesome.

They're just a larger version of humans. There's no reason at all to add them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    They're just a larger version of humans. There's no reason at all to add them.
    Dwarves aren't just a shorter and more muscular version of humans?

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    I think what Nelinrah was referring to was that the Vrykul are literally larger Humans, as they are the progenitors of the Human race in-game. The Humans were cast out and eventually made their way to EK. Dwarves are an entirely different race in that regard. If we're to use your vein of thought, then Orcs are simply green humans on steroids and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt0193 View Post
    I think what Nelinrah was referring to was that the Vrykul are literally larger Humans, as they are the progenitors of the Human race in-game. The Humans were cast out and eventually made their way to EK. Dwarves are an entirely different race in that regard. If we're to use your vein of thought, then Orcs are simply green humans on steroids and so on.
    They are the ancestors of humans..... and? I mean that doesn't me they're humans. I mean the vrykul and humans are completely different races too, it's just that one split off from the other. They have different features and different size. That's also the reason I wanted them to join the horde, because they look too much like humans and would not make as much sense. I could also see them joining the Horde over the Alliance, the think of humans as weaklings and respect strength similar to how orcs do. It ask wouldn't hurt to add another as people call "pretty race" to the Horde. I understand where you guys are coming at though.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the Alliance, yeah.

7+ Year Old Account
    Humans ARE Vrykul. Humans are Vrykul that were born "small and weak" due to the Curse of Flesh.

Kalu'ak please

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    No, I mean they are literally just a larger version of humans.

There isn't going to be any playable race that's larger than Tauren.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Vrykul can't fit through any doors.

And they're too similar to Humans really.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Vrykul can't fit through any doors.

And they're too similar to Humans really.
    No they're not.

- - - Updated - - -

How did we get to "LAST" race ?? There are many more races that should get implemented before we get to LAST...............

Quote Originally Posted by 1ns View Post
    How did we get to "LAST" race ?? There are many more races that should get implemented before we get to LAST...............
    OP has recently made a bunch of threads, presumably this was his/her last suggestion before coming up with the most pointless one yet, the Hero Race Concept.

I'd much rather see playable Val'kyr, to me there's nothing cool about Vrykul.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post

Dwarves are shorter, stouter humans
    Night elves are taller, purple-skinned, long-eared humans
    Orcs are bulky, green-skinned humans
    Trolls are lanky, hunchbacked, tusked humans
    Gnomes are humans suffering from neoteny
    Undead are literally rotted humans

something resembling a human is a piss poor excuse to not add them.
    No, they literally are just large humans. Dwarves aren't related to humans at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    They would have been made playable in Wrath. The answer is no. Just lie down before you hurt yourself

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It would have to be a dwarf variety of Vrykul to fit through doors (notice dwarf isn't capitalized here).

So maybe Azotha instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dragonkin. Big time.