Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchetman240 View Post
    You can't take away a classes utility and state "people will bring you for DPS" then give them below average DPS. It's not going to be competitive.
    I think we all sort of saw it coming, I mean there's still a bit more tuning to be done but I think we know how this will end. That said, I've been asked to level my Warlock to raid on in the inevitable outcome Elemental sucks d*** in WoD.

My guild is far more "casual" having only achieved 14/14H a few weeks ago and we don't have anyone telling us what class to play, but I owe my team members the best possible support and I know I'm capable of playing most any class at a high level. I can't justify willfully bringing a sub-par class to my raids, I'd feel like a carry.

There is also the way blizzard trends DPS, I think we all had a moment when 5.0 was coming where we said "I wonder if I should roll lock?" Lesson learned, it's easier to roll with the patch by patch punches to class effectiveness than to play against them. I'll have a warrior, lock and mage all ready to go for next expansion and play whichever of those looks best.

What has been done to elemental that would make me excited?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    What has been done to elemental that would make me excited?
    CL is even on 5 targets weaker than fulm ES and nearly all AOE damage comes from EQ. Great, if you hate CL and love EQ!

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Great, if you hate CL and love EQ!
    Does any such person even exist?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakki View Post
    I know so many people on horde side who love the idea of gnome shaman on horde side. I can't stop dreaming and i will always wait for this.

Nobody on horde side wants a gnome anything on horde side.

Blood elf shamans.... now that's different. Lots of requests for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Neos300 View Post
    Nobody on horde side wants a gnome anything on horde side.

Blood elf shamans.... now that's different. Lots of requests for that.
    I'd rather have undead shamans.

Wouldn't mind belfs tho, would never make a shaman one tho.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    The tuning going on past few days is pretty small.
    Some classes have received somewhat minor tuning buffs, like Protection Paladins, whereas other classes have received pretty nice buffs, like Fury Warriors. Magi and Rogues have been tweaked a little in both directions but have likely come out in favor of being 'decently' buffed too.

For being this late in the beta and release a little over a month away, it's nice to see that they are still tuning and hopefully, hopefully Shamans will fall on the higher end of those tweaks rather than be pushed aside along with SV/BM Hunters and given a band aid fix several tiers in.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    Does any such person even exist?
    Well according to the law of big numbers, there has to be such a person.

I'm excited because every day brings us closer to the next expansion AFTER Warlords of Draenor, in which the unimaginative and flawed mechanical design of Resto Shamans may finally be fixed.

Deleted
    I'm not really excited about WoD from a shaman point of view. As enhancement, i don't like that i can't pull mobs with unleash weapon anymore. Also new ghost wolf form is ugly, i definitely don't want to be some crappy horde wolf. Also, we did not lose that much skills in ability purge, my bars are still full of shit.

I was pretty hyped up for WoD but... yeah. After all I've been seeing so far it looks like I'll be ditching my Elemental. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    I was pretty hyped up for WoD but... yeah. After all I've been seeing so far it looks like I'll be ditching my Elemental. Oh well.
    Ignore the negative comments, remember the time when we didn't read the patches? We had no idea how the class you played would turn out, I know I remember, I had no problems I just enjoyed my class A Elemental Shaman is always wanted, people want them, we provide both damage and utility.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    I'd rather have undead shamans.

Wouldn't mind belfs tho, would never make a shaman one tho.
    I'd be happy with either... dunno which one would make more sense lore wise... maybe none lol, don't think I have ever seen a Shaman of either type. Tho I swear I have seen a Belf Shaman in Winterspring I think, or somewhere in that area.... he had an ele shield on him and was just standing in the middle of nowhere. In wowpedia they say there is a belf shaman named Starian, who is an "elementalist" that is a mix of elemental shaman with some twilight arcane magic apparently.

I just want a more small, skinny frame for my Shaman. Not a big fan of bulky characters (esp with the new animations like running).... so far Female Orc has the best build I have found, they look the best in armor.... but I wanna play a male character =/

Quote Originally Posted by Vakki View Post
    I still hope for 3 things:

[LIST][*]introduce shaman tank class, because fire = elemental, air = enhancement, water = restoration, earth = absorption.
    I'm with this guy. Would play Shaman 100% with 4th Tank spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    Negative. Demonology Lock tank would keep me playing the game til the day I die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    I really want a tank spec also... makes perfect sense thematically. It will never happen though.... we MAY have had a chance if they never came out with monks.... whatever creativity they put into that class would prob have made it to our way, with brewmaster being more of an "earth warden" or whatever shaman tank spec... similar idea with a tank who has enhancements, uses a 2H agil weapon, high avoidance and stuff.

The problem with new tank specs is it seems like blizz tries to make a unique tanking mechanic each time, so monks got stagger.... I think they are all out of ideas now. Too bad cause I would just throw them money if they made it.... I'm still holding out hope for it, maybe like 2 xpacs from now lol (you know, when shaman finally get their proper revamp/update and stuff like totems and mechanics get looked at).

WoD has new raids in it! And challenge modes!

Quote Originally Posted by BRO90X View Post
    Negative. Demonology Lock tank would keep me playing the game til the day I die.
    I believe "get in line" is appropriate here
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BRO90X View Post
    Why not both! With druids having 4 specs its possible for any class really, warlocks can have a demo DPS spec and a demo tank spec... and Shaman can have a 4th spec for tanking.

I think if Blizz had created WoW today... they would have made all classes hybrids. That is how most current MMO's do it.... everything from Rift and SWTOR to Wildstar have major class archetypes and then their subclasses can dps and either tank or heal.

Was thinking about this earlier... some possibilities:

Shaman - Tank (Earthwarden)
    Warlock - Tank (Demo spec)
    Rogue - Tank

Which would mean that both Mage and Hunter would probably end up as healers. It takes a stretch of the imagination to see them doing those roles, but I can kinda see a Mage who can heal with some interesting mechanics for mana like arcane had..... and hunters, dunno how they would heal... shoot healing arrows lol, and their pet could assist with heals kinda like monk's jade statue.