Am I missing something? (Battle Pets)

So I am a fan of the Pokemon games and have always enjoyed them, all the way from Pokemon Blue. I expected Battle Pets to be a slightly watered down version of that, but instead I just feel they are overly tedious. My team is level 20, 19, and 18 respectively and all blue quality. I have just moved on to outlands just to find that a wild team of 3 gray level 18 adders or whatever snake they are absolutely wreck my whole team to the point that I have to go heal my pets after every single fight. Am I missing something? Where is the fun in that?

I know this is going to come off as a whining/complaining post, and honestly the only reason I am doing these battle pets is for the Brawlers Guild card. But still, why are wild Battle Pets so powerful? I could not imagine playing Pokemon and needing to go back to town and heal after every random encounter. I notice however that no one seems to be complaining about this, so surely its just me?

So I guess really, are there any general tips for pet battles?

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you looking at resistence/weaknesses?

Like Pokemon? I mean, You won't go fight the Water gym with all rock/fire pokemon right?

Deleted
    You don't hear complaints because usually only a dedicated few actually play battles with pets. And those dedicated few usually also pick out the flavor of the month to own random noobs. That isn't a bad thing perse...but meh.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'm not really a fan of how high-leveled wild pets are.
    In comparison, wild pokemon would cap out around level 13-14, while trainers would offer the appropriate challenge.
    That said, leveling them is considerably easier in WoW, where reaching level 25 is a fairly quick process, whereas leveling a pokemon to 100 is quite time consuming.
    Still I rather feel that wilds should cap out around lev20, leaving 25 for pve trainers

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Are you looking at resistence/weaknesses?

Like Pokemon? I mean, You won't go fight the Water gym with all rock/fire pokemon right?
    Yeah, my pets are on equal grounds with most of what I go up against, IE neither side having a type advantage or disadvantage. I am very careful when that does happen and try to optimize who I use for each situation. It just feels like wild pets hit way too hard and it makes the leveling experience un-enjoyable :T I could understand trainers or epic/legendary fights being hard but it just feels sucky when I need to heal so frequently on wild pets. Idk, I guess I am looking at this with too much of a Pokemon mind set when it comes to grinding. *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    You don't hear complaints because usually only a dedicated few actually play battles with pets. And those dedicated few usually also pick out the flavor of the month to own random noobs. That isn't a bad thing perse...but meh.
    I see. Bummer :T Honestly, I am just trying to get this team to 25 for a brawlers guild card from pet battles. Its just the journey ever since level 10 has been very tedious for me personally. Everything just feels way too strong and even, which would be good in a Pet Master or player battle.

It would not be AS bad if Pet Bandages were more common :T Just gets really annoying to do a battle then go find a stable master to heal over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by llubtoille View Post
    Yeah, I'm not really a fan of how high-leveled wild pets are.
    In comparison, wild pokemon would cap out around level 13-14, while trainers would offer the appropriate challenge.
    That said, leveling them is considerably easier in WoW, where reaching level 25 is a fairly quick process, whereas leveling a pokemon to 100 is quite time consuming.
    Still I rather feel that wilds should cap out around lev20, leaving 25 for pve trainers
    That is a good point, it is MUCH quicker for sure. But it just feels really tedious and annoying to be brought to the brink so quickly while leveling. IDK, I guess its a compromise to the fact its so much quicker with so many fewer levels so I can see that point. I guess its just my personal tastes.

This is the reason i leveld mechanical and flying pets first, they are good against beasts and aqauatic. Basicily all zones have at least one place with either a beast or aqua pet.

When u get to 25 u should aim to boost other pets instead of running around the world