10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marthenil View Post
    Turn based RTS? :P
    Turn based OR RTS. I'm receptive to either.

I really appreciate the suggestions everyone. I'd never even heard of The Guild II.

Deleted
    Myself and 5 of my friends are going to have a LAN party. We'd really appreciate it if you have any suggestions on possible games that we could play. It's a huge bonus if the game is free, but if it doesn't cost too much that isn't really an issue.
    We're especially looking for Zombie survival games and RTS games, but any game of any genre is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Fillwish View Post
    Myself and 5 of my friends are going to have a LAN party. We'd really appreciate it if you have any suggestions on possible games that we could play. It's a huge bonus if the game is free, but if it doesn't cost too much that isn't really an issue.
    We're especially looking for Zombie survival games and RTS games, but any game of any genre is appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    Try World of Tanks, a pretty nice game.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You could try any MOBA as an extension of RTS, especially if you've never tried the genre. LoL, Dota2, Smite...anything will work and they are all free. I don't know of any good games in those specific genres that are free, but there are plenty of survival games out there. Depending on whether you want more of the survival aspect or the FPS aspect of zombie stuff would decide what type of game to go for.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    MOBA games aren't too good for this LAN party, due to the fact that we're going to be 6 people. I appreciate the suggestion though.
    About the zombie games, we all like both just trying to stay alive in a room as long as possible (World at war, nazi zombies) and survival games, like DayZ. But besides those two, anyone has any other suggestions?

10+ Year Old Account
    MOBA games aren't too good for this LAN party, due to the fact that we're going to be 6 people
    I read the number '5' and didn't think to add you to it. My bad.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    You could also try some of the games on the SC2 arcade (the custom games, which I understand is supposed to be free now?)

I'd personally recommend NOTD as a squad based co-op "zombie" survival RTS mode. Preeeeetty hardcore for newbies though :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey all,

I'm looking for a mistress game, one I can play on the side when not playing wow.. you know, same computer, diffferent monitor kinda deal.

Anyways ive been trying to find a good shop management game like Racetear. Anyone know of anyting similar? Unfrotunately Racetear is awfully short and after a while you just end up doing the same thing over and over (its not fun when you have like 1,000,000 monies)

Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashield28 View Post
    Hey all,

I'm looking for a mistress game, one I can play on the side when not playing wow.. you know, same computer, diffferent monitor kinda deal.
    So I can't help with the shop management, but I know a great solution for what I have quoted. I think you should look into clicker games. Try Cookie Clicker or Clicker Heroes as the two best I've ever seen. You may be pleasantly addicted surprised
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    I have Saitek X-55 HOTAS, and i have no idea what to play on it, don't need to be combat or anything, just good simulator will do. Any ideas what game is good for that?
    I tried war thunder but that thing is such arcade crap even in simulation mode and they favor mouse controller over hotas, so that one is out.

I'm looking for a sandboxish city builder game where you watch guys just go around mind their own business, chop down trees and build my own little empire.

So, No tropico. No sim city, and no settlers. Medieval city builder is preffered. Also, the game needs to be a bit new, no 1990-2000 games please. 3D is preffered aswell. Also, now browser games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Troll64 View Post
    So, No tropico. No sim city, and no settlers. Medieval city builder is preffered. Also, the game needs to be a bit new, no 1990-2000 games please. 3D is preffered aswell. Also, now browser games.
    Look into these and related games. They have some of what you are looking for:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    The Guild II
    Banished
    Folk Tale
    Stronghold Crusader 2

All on Steam.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    I'm looking for a sandboxish city builder game where you watch guys just go around mind their own business, chop down trees and build my own little empire.

If you want the game you said but instead of watching guys build city, you can be that guy in Life is medieval, but beware of alpha waters and bugs.

Have you played Banished? its a very slimmed down version. There's no combat, but it can be challenging and pretty fun. There's also gnomoria. Not exactly a city, but you do all the collecting resources, building workshops etc and the gnomes go about their business.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

I'm trying to find a good mmo where I can just wander, find a cool cave or someting, or hunt down (or even just fight) some cool ass monster with skill based combat... Anything out there like this? Something that I can go on epic quests on and pvp open world as well, travel long distances for real rewards, that kinda thing. And as gandolf and the hobbits would, I like to partake of the pipeweed on my journies.

Quote Originally Posted by glimpee View Post
    I'm trying to find a good mmo where I can just wander, find a cool cave or someting, or hunt down (or even just fight) some cool ass monster with skill based combat... Anything out there like this? Something that I can go on epic quests on and pvp open world as well, travel long distances for real rewards, that kinda thing. And as gandolf and the hobbits would, I like to partake of the pipeweed on my journies.
    I'm sure there are more, but TERA Online and Archeage sound like they might fit the bill for you. TERA isn't that sandboxy, but does have the skill-based combat. Archeage has the open world sandbox and pvp, but not sure how skill-based the combat is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glimpee View Post
    Exploration and skill based combat typically don't go hand in hand in MMOs. GW2 is probably the closest game. While there is not open world PvP, the WvWvW is a very large scale, seemingly open world PvP system. The game definitely rewards exploration as vistas and jumping puzzles are real things, as well as finding rare monsters and thus rare chests, lots of events, etc.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    I'm sure there are more, but TERA Online and Archeage sound like they might fit the bill for you. TERA isn't that sandboxy, but does have the skill-based combat. Archeage has the open world sandbox and pvp, but not sure how skill-based the combat is.
    Im actually playing archeage right now, it seems to be more going area to area killing mob after mob, I cant really go find a cave that has treasure or something like in oblivion or something

10+ Year Old Account
    You're probably best off playing an elder scrolls game then if that's what you're looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by calmsea View Post
    You're probably best off playing an elder scrolls game then if that's what you're looking for.
    Damn well I have 400+ hours in oblivion and 200+ in skyrim plus ESO is pretty shaite and I'm waiting for the Morrowind mod for Skyrim to be released to replay that... Are those REALLY the only good exploration games?