Page 55 of 62 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    How is this going to work with tank swaps now there is no vengeance? A melee pulls aggro if its threat exceeds the active tank by what, 20%? You say you do 11k dps but a warrior does 4-5k more, so doesn't that mean we'd end up spamming taunt in a tank switch fight (e.g. if the warrior has a debuff). If so, I hope they don't make bosses taunt immune after a certain number of taunts. Last time I checked Omen had not been updated - I hope it is soon and that warriors know how to use it.
    Even though prot paladin DPS is terrible right now, you should be fine if you use SoT. I had major issues with a co-tank DK while equipped in a 'tanking profile' (tanking trinket + SoI). Granted he was doing things like casting DRW when not tanking the boss, but once I swapped to DPS, which you should be doing anyway with content being what it is, I could hold fine. At L100 damage should be close enough that there's never an issue in your guild. With that said it will be obnoxious to tank with randoms if I have to throttle because of their poor play or gear. Throttling is never enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Letheanlol View Post
    Looks like tanking is going to be half as fun in WoD, threat might as well be removed as a concept it's so obsolete, the best part of being a tank in MoP by far was maximizing your damage output via vengeance without taking so much damage that you die. Now the only thing that you will have to think about as a tank is your "active" mitigation and staying alive which is pretty much use CDs when you're about to take more damage than you were taking a second ago... yay. Vengeance gaming was the best thing to ever happen to tanking in WoW it's a real shame it has to go because of some strange complex that DPS players have of "TANKS SHOULD BE TANKS AND SHOULDN'T DO MORE DAMAGE THAN ME NO MATTER HOW AVERAGE I PERFORM".
    It is really hilarious how the very same dps players are all about "we don't need a tank now that we out gear the content" though.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    Also you wana make sure you burst as much threat you can as you taunt ideally as well(not even sure if 6.0 removed the 200% threat boost for 3 seconds after taunt or not, but still a good habit to have imo)
    I think it's 40% now ;^)

Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    I don't think prot pala dps is bad :3

hint hint prot pala ranks on WCL hint hint.

Anyhow, nothing kills you like wtf , just go dps meta gem + SoT whole way and gg :/
    It is bad relative to other tanks. This is indisputable.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings...ps&class=Tanks

Not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    I think it's 40% now ;^)
    O M G .... I HATE YOU were you watching our raid last night? fuckin 40% dude

wanna know whats sad? Prot is as good as ret for dps, lol.

I went prot as dps for our raid last night and there was no major drop off from ret. It was actually more fun, primarily due to being "different" than either prot tank or ret dps.

Honestly if it had wings it would have probably been flat out superior to ret. Probably could have done even better if I had been able to fully gem properly or if I had better gear for it.

Either way paladin's seem to be in pretty rough shape right now

Quote Originally Posted by mrn10ct View Post
    wanna know whats sad? Prot is as good as ret for dps, lol.

I went prot as dps for our raid last night and there was no major drop off from ret. It was actually more fun, primarily due to being "different" than either prot tank or ret dps.

Honestly if it had wings it would have probably been flat out superior to ret. Probably could have done even better if I had been able to fully gem properly or if I had better gear for it.

Either way paladin's seem to be in pretty rough shape right now
    Prot and Ret both seem to be balanced with the lvl 100 talents in mind...at level 90. We'll need some adjustments or just have to grin a bear it until WoD lvl cap.
    The Right isn't universally bad. The Left isn't universally good. The Left isn't universally bad. The Right isn't universally good. Legal doesn't equal moral. Moral doesn't equal legal. Illegal doesn't equal immoral. Immoral doesn't equal illegal.

Have a nice day.

Lol at my warrior in the top 10 out of all tanks per fight on half of the fights and my pally only in there on spoils

Granted I did all sorts of bad things like using tank meta and insight for tuesdays raid and killed everything before nerfs... next week we shall fight lazel

O M G .... I HATE YOU were you watching our raid last night? fuckin 40% dude
    I was in your raid :P

wtf thats you hahaha god damnit

wtf thats you hahaha god damnit
    as shocking as it is, my paladin name is slightly uncommon :P

7+ Year Old Account
    I ran "Heroic" last night with the guild. Full clear. My take is everything dies way to quick.

But that's not why I am posting. I regemmed to Mastery like I see Slootbag and AMR recommending but my OT is a blood-DK and he RAPES me in DPS. I mean he was even beating out a couple of pugs that we brought along for the hell of it. Would Crit build up my DPS while maintaining my ability to survive?

Edit: I was using SoT/DPS Cloak as well... Not DPS Meta though.

Will it be possible to get the Holy Warrior transmog in WoD?

Ops wrong thread but some can probably answer here too :P Its probably possible but wouldnt find a team.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Will it be possible to get the Holy Warrior transmog in WoD?

Ops wrong thread but some can probably answer here too :P Its probably possible but wouldnt find a team.
    That's the MoP challenge mode transmog, yes?

No, you can't get it now.

didn't someone way back say that the sets showed up on BMAH?
    if yes then yeah you can get it, just be prepared to pay a shit ton of gold for it ^^

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    didn't someone way back say that the sets showed up on BMAH?
    if yes then yeah you can get it, just be prepared to pay a shit ton of gold for it ^^

Someone posted that on the official forums and then a blue said that this will not happen as far as I remember.

Deleted
    Going back to a fairly basic question:

How are you guys feeling about paladin vs other classes tanking next expansion? Namely versus a warrior or a monk? It seems with all the changes to DPS, tank classes are much closes in line than they used to be (see warriors being godly) and following the Sbarr/stagger nerfs, squishyness has also become more balanced.

My gut feels tells me that with sbarr capping based on health, it wont scale as well as a % damage reduction especially as you go into fights undergeared or into probably the second tier of mythic. Monk will still probably scale extremely well with gear, but will start out a lot more squishy and will continue to have issues with magic damage unless soul dance is buffed materially

One other question regarding bonus armor: is it true that items with bonus armor will share primary stats? ie: a bonus armor neck drops and a monk tank sees it with agility while the warrior see the same item but with strength?

Quote Originally Posted by SantaMaria View Post
    Going back to a fairly basic question:

How are you guys feeling about paladin vs other classes tanking next expansion? Namely versus a warrior or a monk? It seems with all the changes to DPS, tank classes are much closes in line than they used to be (see warriors being godly) and following the Sbarr/stagger nerfs, squishyness has also become more balanced.

My gut feels tells me that with sbarr capping based on health, it wont scale as well as a % damage reduction especially as you go into fights undergeared or into probably the second tier of mythic. Monk will still probably scale extremely well with gear, but will start out a lot more squishy and will continue to have issues with magic damage unless soul dance is buffed materially

One other question regarding bonus armor: is it true that items with bonus armor will share primary stats? ie: a bonus armor neck drops and a monk tank sees it with agility while the warrior see the same item but with strength?
    What i've seen so far other tanks are ahead of Paladin damage wise. Best tanks are Warrior, DK and Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    What i've seen so far other tanks are ahead of Paladin damage wise. Best tanks are Warrior, DK and Bear.
    So basically every other tank that is not a paladin. How fun.