Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Child of Curiosity View Post
    Let's see how society would look if people used PCP as much as they use alcohol then, see how that would go down.
    You're hedging. Alcohol is a dangerous drug that kills thousands and thousands of people every year. There is no argument against recreational drugs that should not include alcohol in a rational mind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    You're hedging. Alcohol is a dangerous drug that kills thousands and thousands of people every year. There is no argument against recreational drugs that should not include alcohol in a rational mind.
    Alcohol is nowhere close to the same potency as the drugs I want to make illegal or keep illegal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    With other hard substances like amphetamines, as it has already been pointed out, their illegality isn't preventing people from doing it anyway. All that's happening is that a social issue is being handled as a criminal one. Making those substances legal isn't going to see some monumental rise in their consumption. The people that want to do meth/pcp/heroin are already on meth/pcp/heroin.
    Or it could remain illegal and also provide care for those who use it, to get them off it.
    Last edited by mmocfb6c003936; 2014-11-18 at 11:05 PM.

Alcohol is nowhere close to the same potency as the drugs I want to make illegal or keep illegal.
    Look into moonshine and homemade ciders.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Look into moonshine and homemade ciders.
    You're not going to die easily from it as you can from synthetic drugs.

Oh look another authoritarian wants to just ban things she doesn't like.

Or it could remain illegal and also provide care for those who use it, to get them off it.
    Isn't that how its supposed to work now?

only it really doesn't...

you got kids serving jail time or probation for having personal consumption amounts and shit like that.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2014-11-18 at 11:13 PM.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

There's not one single reason why people leave their countries. You can't just narrow it down to "hurr, cartels and drugs make people leave".
    What? Have you not been paying attention to what has been happening in Mexico?

They found a BUS full of people dead, and buried in a mass grave. The local government was in on it, more than likely, along with the Cartel. They burned down the local government builds and such.

Cartels are EXACTLY why people are leaving.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

You're not going to die easily from it as you can from synthetic drugs.
    And synthetic drugs wouldn't be an issue if the real thing which is significantly less dangerous than alcohol AND the synthetic drugs, was legal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm dubious the narcoterrorists prompting mass exodus from countries would just pack up and call it a day. Drugs aren't the only nefarious things they have their fingers in.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I don't like it when you right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Isn't that how its supposed to work now?
    Eh, seems to be more about punishing people and then not minding them after that. Here you can get fined if you have cannabis and stuff for personal use unless you've been caught several times, which might get you some months prison. But after that? Yeah, they don't really follow up on stuff. If it's harder drugs they don't really follow up much on it either after the penalties.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I'm dubious the narcoterrorists prompting mass exodus from countries would just pack up and call it a day. Drugs aren't the only nefarious things they have their fingers in.
    No of course not. It would be a fight still, but it would do a world of good in the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    that and even though something is legal, there's still a black market for it. It's called smuggling. Just instead of avoiding narcs you're avoiding customs.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be interested to see information on their cash on hand if you have it.
    The Los Zetas in particular has integrated itself so thoroughly with the local government and other entities that the assumption that reducing profits from selling to American dealers would cripple the cartel would be fairly ludicrous, and based completely on supposition without an actual understanding of the current climate. There are other areas where they can exert their influence to maintain profit, such as guns, as well as their extensive oil siphoning operations in the past few years which have led to millions of dollars in losses, as well as making a market out of kidnapping and racketeering.

Eh, seems to be more about punishing people and then not minding them after that. Here you can get fined if you have cannabis and stuff for personal use unless you've been caught several times, which might get you some months prison. But after that? Yeah, they don't really follow up on stuff. If it's harder drugs they don't really follow up much on it either after the penalties.
    What drugs exactly do you want to criminalize?

Deleted
    What drugs exactly do you want to criminalize?
    Most of them are already illegal here, but mostly drugs that can get you killed easily or cause injury on first tries. Would want to see cannabis be legal on the other hand for personal use since at most they'll just give you a small fine for it anyways, on the scale of going against red lights when there's no traffic(If even that high) and it's counterproductive when it's about the same as alcohol.
    Last edited by mmocfb6c003936; 2014-11-18 at 11:20 PM.

Most of them are already illegal here, but mostly drugs that can get you killed easily or cause injury on first tries.
    But how will you work up the political will to ban alcohol again?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    But how will you work up the political will to ban alcohol again?
    I've never said alcohol should be banned nor do I think cannabis should be. Harder drugs on the other hand should be.

I've never said alcohol should be banned nor do I think cannabis should be. Harder drugs on the other hand should be.
    The joke is that alcohol "can get you killed easily or cause injury on first tries".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    The joke is that alcohol "can get you killed easily or cause injury on first tries".
    You think most people who try alcohol are gonna drink enough to get deadly alcohol poisoning?