Draenor rare drop information.

Hi guys! Still pretty new to the forums bit of this part of MMO-Champion. I am not sure if this is a good place to put this or not, but I figured it would be for the sake of the rare drops being an achievement for people. ٩(๑❛ᴗ❛๑)۶

I've pulled almost all of this information from various parts of the web (Petopia, WoWHead, Battle.net, etc etc). If you see some information that is not correct, please let me know! I'll try to keep this main post as update as possible.~

This is a large information thread, and will be built up on the comments coming in from other people. So basically, if you see any of the 7 (well.. maybe 6 now since people don't consider Nok-Karosh being that rare) please post about it! Some ideal information for these would include: time of kill, location (and a picture of the map if available), time of last spawn (if applicable), and actions of the NPC (did you see it moving/patroling an area, or was it standing still)?

*Important note: I've seen people say that the spell [DOMINATE MIND] has actually cleared all tags on the mob.

GOROK (Boar)

• Located in Frostfire Ridge
    • 6 confirmed spawn locations
    • Minimum spawn timer of 2.5 hours, up to and perhaps beyond 7 hours
    • Everyone who tags the mob gets the mount
    • Reported as stationary

NAKK THE THUNDERER (Clefthoof)

• Located in Nagrand
    • 3 confirmed spawn locations
    • Minimum spawn timer of 19 hours (NOT CONFIRMED), but believed to have a rough spawn time of 25-27 hours
    • Reported as walking back and forth

LUK'HOK (Elekk)

• Located in Nagrand
    • 4 confirmed spawn locations
    • UNCLEAR RESPAWN TIME

POUNDFIST (Gronn)

• Located in Gorgrond
    • 1 confirmed spawn locations, but has been implied he has multiple
    • UNCLEAR RESPAWN TIME, has been compared to Timelost Proto! Some say around 72 hours (???)
    • MINDCONTROL DOES IN FACT RESET HIM. Confirmed by post #18 by contacting Blizzard.

SILTHIDE (Riverbeast)

• Located in Talador
    • 3 confirmed spawn locations
    • UNCLEAR RESPAWN TIME, some say roughly 20-26 hours
    • Reported as swimming back and forth in pond
    • NOTE: Spawns with 2.20M health--very tanky

PATHRUNNER (Breezestrider)

• Located in Shadowmoon Valley
    • 6 confirmed spawn locations
    • Minimum respawn time of ~30 minutes, could be much longer
    • Wanders around the small area of spawn
    • NOTE: TINY health pool

NOK'KAROSH (Wolf)

• Located in Frostfire Ridge
    • 4 confirmed spawn locations, MAIN one being west of Wor'gol
    • Shortest ~15 minutes, average ~20 minutes & longest ~30 minutes
    • The mount is also not bound. Only one person gets it, and it can be sold on the auction house or traded!
    • Can be found sleeping with a pack of other wolves.
    • NOTES: Hits HARD--can usually one-hit most tanks. Requires CC on the other wolves with him. NEEDS to be kited.

————————————❤—————————————

Alrightie! That about sums it up. Lemme hear your thoughts and any other junk ya might have to say. (◑‿◐)

*Will be uploading images of the spawns, but can't do so yet because of low post count. :<
    Last edited by Moonmeat; 2014-11-26 at 08:54 PM.

Deleted
    About Pathrunner, people say it spawns at 30min spawntimer, some say it's alot longer. Like you mentioned. But I've been at the 4 spawnpoints for days now and i haven't seen a corpse or anything.

Mostly camping in a group of 3 or 5 people so..

Deleted
    from what ive seen there can be seperate spawns of the same rare on one realm, seperated by different phases depending on quest progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmyr View Post
    NOK'KAROSH (Wolf)

• The mount is also not bound. Only one person gets it, and it can be sold on the auction house or traded!
    What does this mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    What does this mean?
    looks like it was a copy + paste with the names edited, and they forgot to remove the "everyone gets a mount" line. Nok-karosh will only drop ONE mount per kill

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    What does this mean?
    Woopsies! This was indeed a copy-and-paste like Excell said. >o<

But I've been seeing this too, Henke. Some people are believing that the mounts are becoming more and more harder to achieve? ; ;

Deleted
    'Everyone who tags the mob gets the mount' = , damn if only hehe.

Still trying to find Pathrunner, but to no avail. :< I want some of these rare mounts!

Deleted
    Camped Pathrunner for 4 and a half hours in a raid group, it spawned at the other side and some bot mage killed it before I could get there...

I have heard Poundfist is gonna be up within the next few hours guys!
    I can't really provide more information than that, as he started to appear on EU realms hours ago with confirmed kills.

He is now getting confirmed kills here on NA.
    Go, go, go people!

Deleted
    Ok, apparently on high population realms you might have a problem with phasing. On Draenor-EU several players killed Nakk and got the mount, while most of us didn't see him.

Deleted
    Thanks alot

No problem, Zammie!

7+ hours ago, EU reported multiple downs of Poundfist. Now more and more US realms are starting to report killing him.

I can say that lots of people have confirmed that the more and more people hit him, the MORE HP HE GAINED.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmyr View Post
    No problem, Zammie!

7+ hours ago, EU reported multiple downs of Poundfist. Now more and more US realms are starting to report killing him.

I can say that lots of people have confirmed that the more and more people hit him, the MORE HP HE GAINED.
    So he works like most rare/named quest mobs? Un like Nok'karosh, who has a fixed health pool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Camped all known spawnpoints of Poundfist for 7 hours with no luck. Had multiple reports of other servers getting the tag. Either we missed him earlier, or he still hadn't spawned on the server yet, in any case, his maximum spawn is definitely over 7 hours (some reports of 72 hours >.<)

Deleted
    Got him (Poundfist) after 16 hours of constant camping on Kazzak realm. Spawned at 5:53 am. Was listening whole time to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BROWqjuTM0g.
    I'm telling you, Rick has the powers!

Good luck to everyone, I have enough of camping mount rares until next expansion >_<

Deleted
    camped Poundfist for 4/5 hours earlier before I had to go to work, many others in the group had been there 12+ hours by the time i left. Don't know if they got it in the end, but a LOT of other realms did while we were waiting. this was on Shadowmoon-US btw

I also got Poundfist at 10:33 server time on Hyjal on Monday! I had camped him for a long 25 hours. x_x It was a long battle.

However; in the midst of waiting I decided to contact Blizzard in regards for some information on the NPC Poundfist since there's been a lot of stuff on the internet regarding him, and some stuff said by the CMs was confusing. So here ya go!

Hello!

First, thanks so much for your patience while we worked to review your loot situation. We’ve been very busy with the release of the new expansion, but we’re helping everyone as quickly as possible.

Regarding your issue, I totally understand the dedication it takes to hunt down those rare elites, with their low spawn times and noteworthy loot. We did check into the situation for our players, and this is an area where Customer Support staff cannot directly assist. With that said, I did want to clarify a few of the causes as to why the boss was unlootable, so you can avoid it in the future.

- Even if you’re certain you attacked the boss, the game is sometimes mechanically different. If the monster is attacked right as its dying, or it resets through leashing or mind control, or even by certain players releasing – this may cause the client to reset from the tap list. In each case we’ve reviewed, we were unable to positively confirm the monster was ‘tapped’ correctly.
    - Phasing is also a major point on these rare creatures. In many cases where players form groups, they do so across multiple realms. From what we’ve seen, if a party changes leader or many disband, the remaining group may be sent to a different realm in which the rare beast was not spawned. This is what causes it to disappear and become unlootable.
    - Spawn rates are also something we typically do not reveal, as we’d like these creatures to remain rare, and therefore exciting for players that come across them. We can assure you that all rare beasts are spawning correctly, and will make an appearance when they’re ready. We understand you may be excited, but if a decision is made to release internal details about the beasts, we’ll do so publically.

Hopefully that provides some insight into your next hunt. Thanks for your understanding on the matter, and best of luck in your future travels in Draenor!

-Fofarfunr
    So I can safely say that MCing the NPC DOES in fact despawn him! So be careful. D:
    Last edited by Moonmeat; 2014-11-26 at 08:54 PM.

We had an over ambitious priest Mind Control Poundfist THREE times during our kill. It didn't actually despawn him, thank god, but it did turn him grey and the entire raid all had to hit him again to tap it. Please don't do this priests.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

i believe pathrunner is either a lot longer than 30 minutes, or people just aren't looking for him. i sat in shadowmoon for ages at one of his spawn points and it was never once announced in general.