Poll: XBox One This Late, Worth It?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Let's see....is an Xbox One worth it at this point? Absolutely yes!

There have been some great deals with Xbox One here lately. Price has dropped and the game bundles with it are good.

The console has only IMPROVED since launch. Constant updates keep bringing new and much needed things to the user all the time.

Games are plentiful (well, as plentiful as they can be only a year into its life cycle) and there are some decent exclusives so far as well.

Xbox Live....this speaks for itself. Still by and large the best online gaming service available on consoles. PSN and whatever Nintendo uses just don't compare. They may come close at times, but are still only ever second best.

DO NOT listen to the Sony Ponies and Xbox Haters out there! This whole idiotic debate about resolution that always gets dredged up is absolutely retarded. 900p and 1080p are INDISTINGUISHABLE from each other in most situations that console gamers find themselves in (TV size, distance from TV, etc, etc). I've seen and played games on both XO and PS4 (exact same game that purposely runs at 900p on XO and 1080p on PS4). And guess what? There wasn't a damn lick of difference between the two. It's like people who brag about having a 2-inch dick because the other guy has a 1.5-inch dick. The little "extra" there doesn't really mean shit when it comes down to it and most people will never realize it enough to notice or care.

And the extra graphics/horsepower that the PS4 totes? You can almost never tell it is more powerful because most 3rd party devs create parity between both versions of their games. The extra horsepower gains you NOTHING 99% of the time unless it is a PS4 exclusive....and honestly....graphics-wise those don't look any better than the XO exclusives so far.

I could keep going but I'll just stop here.

To sum it up, yes the XO is totally worth it. If you are remotely interested in it, get one, especially while there are holiday and bundle deals going on. However, if PS4 seems to offer more of the things you want/enjoy, then by all means get that one instead (same applies to Wii U). Just don't let the idiotic Sony and Nintendo fanboys try to convince you that the XO is the worst of the consoles. My wife and I own two XO's and are enjoying the hell out of them!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Def too late to buy a Xbox One. Wait on the Xbox Two launch next year.
    My god, you love to bash the XO every single fucking chance you get. Get lost.....your unhealthy obsession with everything Sony is sickening and retarded.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    You might be lucky with SoM then...glad it's not a global issue at least. The Evil Within I had to shut off after 2 hours because it was simply unplayable with so much stutter.

I hope the multiplayer issues are solved on Halo before you start it, though at this point it has been 2 weeks and there has been little to no improvement. :/
    I feel like you either need to get your eyes checked or are one of those people who claim anything under 60 FPS gives them a headache, etc. All the crap you're spewing about both consoles having shitty framerates on almost every game is complete and utter bullshit. My source? I own an XO and haven't had nearly as many issues as you are claiming exist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    Meh. Whenever I look at Xbox One I always think about how Microsoft almost screwed us over with their bullshit they wanted to do with the console. The fact that it took so long for them to realize people did not want the Kinect and to get rid of it and how they focus so damn much on fucking watching TV on it just shows they're not about the gamers, they're all about the money. So that right there turns me off about it. Also looking at it's games it still doesn't impress me much. I mean that Sunset Overdrive game looks really cool and I'd like to play Deadrising 3 and Ryse but to me they are not worth shelling out $300-$400 on it. PS4 is just an all around better console, it's focused more on what the real gamers want instead of what the casual "gamer" (if you want to call them that) who will only play a game here and there and spend most of his/her time watching Netflix.

I won't be getting an Xbox One for a LONG LONG time or at least until something worthwhile comes out. So to answer your question, in my opinion, no you're better off getting a PS4 right now unless you already have a PS4 then sure I guess if you really want it. I'm actually having a better time with my Wii U than I would with Xbox One. Then again that is just because of my tastes in games. I tend to favor Nintendo games over all others.
    The argument in your first paragraph is completely null and void at this point. If you had stated this a year and a half ago, it would still be relevant. Now though, it just makes you sound like you've been living under a rock or are a Sony Pony. Either way, you are wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Yes we know you are a nintendo fanboy. Now stop flaunting that ugly piece of shit here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I saw tons of Xbones at target.... not too many smash bros or pokemon games.
    Your logic astounds me (aka not really).
    Last edited by Totesmcgoats; 2014-12-02 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Turaska View Post
    Playstation 4, why?

- its not owned by Microsoft (or Microshaft as most of the world knows them as)
    - it has slightly higher tech specs (quicker ram/better graphics)
    - more titles at 1080p than the Xbox One

if you're going to pay for a console then buy the one with the better stuff and not the one owned by a company that tried to screw gamers during its initial launch.

Failing that, get a better gaming PC and enjoy the master race more
    Sony is worth than Microsoft. Use your CC to buy something in the playstation store and the next best hacker got it. Happened twice in a few years now!

PS4 does NOT have better graphics, only a higher resolution.

You can't see the difference between 1080p and 900p, so stop acting like a wannabe elitist.

Buy the console with the more interesting exclusive titles, there is nothing more to say.

For me it was easily the xbox with Halo and Sunset Overdrive.

And the controller is way better than the controller of the revamp station 4

Chelly
    OP ignore all the <insert console name/PC> fanboys engaging in their precious console/anti-console penis measuring contest. Console fanboy wars are just pathetic.

Honestly, there's not that much of a difference between the Xbox One and the PS4 tech-wise, and the tech barely matters nowadays since almost all big games that were released this year were broken pieces of shit. It might actually matter later on when devs stop being shit and actually manage to put out 1080p 60 fps games on both consoles, but that won't happen as long as they try to convince people with their bullshit "24 fps is better for a cinematic experience" excuses.

It all just comes down to exclusives, and/or what console your friends are going to get.
    Are you more interested in the current, and upcoming, PS4 exclusives? Get a Ps4.
    Are you more interested in the current, and upcoming, Xbox One exclusives? Get an Xbox One.
    Are you more interested in the current, and upcoming, Wii U exclusives? Get a Wii U.
    Are you interested in all exclusives? Get all three consoles.
    Last edited by Chelly; 2014-12-02 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    Sony is worth than Microsoft. Use your CC to buy something in the playstation store and the next best hacker got it. Happened twice in a few years now!

You can't see the difference between 1080p and 900p, so stop acting like a wannabe elitist.

Buy the console with the more interesting exclusive titles, there is nothing more to say.

For me it was easily the xbox with Halo and Sunset Overdrive.

And the controller is way better than the controller of the revamp station 4
    First off SoE has been hacked once that had peoples info released. Second
    Higher resolution = higher graphics because resolution is apart of graphics. Each released game has showed the Ps4 has a slight edge over XboxOne when it comes to shadows/lighting and that gives it a graphics edge. GTA V even shows there is more grass and lighting in the Ps4 version.

Finally no one can take ur post serious when u say crap like
    revamp station 4
    All it dose is show ur fanboy and nothing more. Also to add name me one company on the face of this planet that hasn't been hacked once ill wait........

Ontopic: The best way in my opinion if ur a console gamer to buy ether a XboxOne or Ps4 is what exclusives u want more and what platform you rather play 3rd party titles on. Because the second system you buy out of the two if u do at all is going to just be for exclusives. For me I like Ps4 exclusives more and most run better and have slighty higher detail/high performance on the ps4.

Ether way u can't go wrong just pick the system u think u will use the most. Around spring next year ill own a XboxOne since for me personally there is no exclusives on it at this time worth having for me personally.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    OP ignore all the X fanboys engaging in their precious console/anti-console penis measuring contest. Console fanboy wars are just pathetic.

Honestly, there's not that much of a difference between the Xbox One and the PS4 tech-wise, and the tech barely matters nowadays since almost all big games that were released this year were broken pieces of shit.

It all just comes down to exclusives, and/or what console your friends are going to get.
    Are you more interested in the current, and upcoming, PS4 exclusives? Get a Ps4.
    Are you more interested in the current, and upcoming, Xbox One exclusives? Get an Xbox One.
    Are you more interested in the current, and upcoming, Wii U exclusives? Get a Wii U.
    This really dose sum it up and the bolded part is 100% true.

I wish Sony and Microsoft both would stop there pissing contest and improve the games performance. I don't care if its 720p or 1080p just as long as it runs better. If they are going to do 30fps make it fucken stable.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    xBox One, why?

- its not owned by Sony (or Soony (Waitstation) as most of the world knows them, a japanese company, so software on this thing is dog shit awful)
    - it has actually good and awesome racing titles - Forza, Forza Horizon. PS4 meanwhile went Titanic with DriveClub.

Microsoft tried to "screw" customers same way master PC race gets screwed by Steam, so I don't get it what are you complaining about hypocrite. Right now xOne gets regular updates, while Sony continues to screw poeple over by not even supporting MP3 playback, getting youtube just recently, fortnightly PSN failures, etc.

Failing to do that - join pc master race and wait for GTA V for another year, #gamingpeasantproblems
    thats funny considering xbox live was just down for 2 days straight for some people because of DDOS attacks.

Xbone is just not as good of a console as the PS4 in practically every way. It tries to push itself as a media system but it lacks basic functions like DVR so it fails in that category as well.

I can see why someone would want it and I understand some people purchasing it for certain games but the xbox one simply doesn't have enough over the PS4 for me to recommend it to someone on the merits of the system alone. Also lol @ Japanese software being shit, because Microsoft makes good software apparently.

also GTA V comes out in a month on PC what are you even talking about

Quote Originally Posted by Totesmcgoats View Post
    Yes we know you are a nintendo fanboy. Now stop flaunting that ugly piece of shit here.
    You can call GennGreymane or anyone a nintendo fanboy all you want but that still won't change the fact they are the only ones at this time doing 1080p/60fps and releasing games that isn't a broken buggy mess.

Also the wii-u has arguably the best exclusives released at this time.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    OP ignore all the <insert console name/PC> fanboys engaging in their precious console/anti-console penis measuring contest. Console fanboy wars are just pathetic.

Honestly, there's not that much of a difference between the Xbox One and the PS4 tech-wise, and the tech barely matters nowadays since almost all big games that were released this year were broken pieces of shit. It might actually matter later on when devs stop being shit and actually manage to put out 1080p 60 fps games on both consoles, but that won't happen as long as they try to convince people with their bullshit "24 fps is better for a cinematic experience" excuses.

the problem with this generation of consoles is that they all try to push themselves as the biggest piece of entertainment in your life so it can seem a bit redundant to get more than 1 unless you really, really want a certain exclusive.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not touching either new console until it has four games I want, but can't get on the 360 or PS3. So far, the running tally is zero...but any day now!

My god, you love to bash the XO every single fucking chance you get. Get lost.....your unhealthy obsession with everything Sony is sickening and retarded.
    You severely lack a sense of humor if you thought a play on words to make a joke of the thread title is a "bash".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You can call GennGreymane or anyone a nintendo fanboy all you want but that still won't change the fact they are the only ones at this time doing 1080p/60fps and releasing games that isn't a broken buggy mess.

The Wii U has 2 1080/60 games. Rayman Legends(also 1080/60 on ps3/360 aka not demanding to pull off) and Smash 4.

The Xbox One has at 1080/60:

Forza 5
    Child of Light
    Valiant Hearts
    Rayman Legends
    Diablo 3

The PS4 has at 1080/60:

MGS5
    Child of Light
    Valiant Hearts
    Resogun
    Akiba's Trip
    The Last of Us Remastered
    Rayman Legends
    CoD: Ghosts
    CoD: Advanced Warfare
    Diablo 3

Note I only listed games that are a locked or near locked 60 fps not games that can hit 60 fps "some of the time" like Infamous or Tomb Raider.

Claiming Nintendo is the only one doing 1080/60 is laughable when they have only made 2 1080p games on the Wii U. Wind Waker HD, and Smash 4. Wind Waker runs at 30 fps and also has frame drops. Every other game Nintendo has published on the Wii U is 720p.

I applaud Nintendo for prioritizing 60 fps in the majority of their releases, but let's not act like they're working voodoo magic and are getting Mario Kart 8 or Super Mario 3D World to run at 1080p, they don't.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2014-12-02 at 03:14 PM.

--snip--
    Both of those run 60fps unless doing Co-Op and that was a choice made by Nintendo. So yes in fact both run stable 60fps. So that makes 4 games that do it along with a couple 3rd party titles.
    http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Wii...PS4-59924.html

Also to add I could give 2 shits if they are 1080p or 720p. Performance matters and thats my point and I wish Microsoft and Sony would stop having there pissing contest because we the gamers don't win when it happens.

Also like I said Nintendo is the only one releasing games that is not buggy or broken.

Nintendo chose's Performance+looks+gameplay over just how real they can make a tree look.

Edit: Also if I recall right both Black Ops II and Ghost ran 60fps on the Wii U as well since thats a benchmark Activison go's for with the COD series.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2014-12-02 at 04:49 PM.

Both of those run 60fps unless doing Co-Op and that was a choice made by Nintendo. So yes in fact both run stable 60fps. So that makes 4 games that do it along with a couple 3rd party titles.
    http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Wii...PS4-59924.html

Also to add I could give 2 shits if they are 1080p or 720p. Performance matters and thats my point and I wish Microsoft and Sony would stop having there pissing contest because we the gamers don't win when it happens.

Also like I said Nintendo is the only one releasing games that is not buggy or broken.

Nintendo chose's Performance+looks+gameplay over just how real they can make a tree look.

Edit: Also if I recall right both Black Ops II and Ghost ran 60fps on the Wii U as well since thats a benchmark Activison go's for with the COD series.
    Are you really trying to strawman me to claiming I said 3DW/MK8 didn't run at 60 fps? You are the one that claimed Nintendo is the only one releasing 1080p/60 fps games. You are wrong and the majority of Nintendo games are 720p/60 fps. The lone exceptions are Wind Waker HD which is 1080/30 and Smash 4 at 1080/60.

You then go on to talk about CoD games which are not 1080p on the Wii U. You're telling me with a straight face you don't care if a game is 1080 or 720 yet you are the one who clearly stated 1080p/60 fps in the post I quoted. That 1080p for the most part is WRONG. It's fine to admit you worded your post poorly and just meant to emphasize the 60 fps. Don't try to strawman me by claiming I said 3DW/MK8 are not 60 fps.

Are you really trying to strawman me to claiming I said 3DW/MK8 didn't run at 60 fps? You are the one that claimed Nintendo is the only one releasing 1080p/60 fps games. You are wrong and the majority of Nintendo games are 720p/60 fps. The lone exceptions are Wind Waker HD which is 1080/30 and Smash 4 at 1080/60.

You then go on to talk about CoD games which are not 1080p on the Wii U. You're telling me with a straight face you don't care if a game is 1080 or 720 yet you are the one who clearly stated 1080p/60 fps in the post I quoted. That 1080p for the most part is WRONG. It's fine to admit you worded your post poorly and just meant to emphasize the 60 fps. Don't try to strawman me by claiming I said 3DW/MK8 are not 60 fps.
    Yes I am telling you with a straight face I don't give it a shit if its 720p or 1080p. Yes I did say that as well but I was wrong about the 1080p on some of the games. Still dosen't change the fact they are trying to go for 60fps even if its 720p.

Don't take it as me trying to strawman u because that was not my intent I was wrong about the 1080p but they are trying to push 60fps and they have done it alot on there console.

I want Sony and Microsoft to stop there pissing contest and even if the games need to run at 720p I would take 720p/60fps over 1080p/unstable 30fps anyday. Hell I don't mind 30fps as long as its stable. But the pissing contest needs to end because it only hurts us gamers.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2014-12-02 at 05:15 PM.

Personal preference on the "best exclusives" and nothing more. I personally am bored with most Nintendo games within 10 minutes of starting them. So I'd have to say they are arguably the WORST exclusives of the bunch.

And the Wii U is only doing 1080p/60FPS (if it really even is) because it's using LAST GEN graphics. The Wii U's graphics don't even come remotely close to the XO or PS4's graphics. I mean, yeah, both of those could do 1080p/60 FPS if they made their games look like a pile of dog shit too. Most people wouldn't want a console always doing 1080p/60 FPS if the game looks like a turd because of it.

Perfect example is Watch Dogs. They are going to be releasing that on the Wii U. I saw some screens of what it will look like. My God, it looks horrendous. They really had to dumb down the graphics A LOT to get it to run at all on the Wii U. It almost looks cartoony at times because of it. Yeah, no thanks. Not willing to make huge sacrifices like that just to play it on the Wii U.

- - - Updated - - -

I want Sony and Microsoft to stop there pissing contest and even if the games need to run at 720p I would take 720p/60fps over 1080p/unstable 30fps anyday. Hell I don't mind 30fps as long as its stable. But the pissing contest needs to end because it only hurts us gamers.
    While Microsoft may still say something here and there about 1080p/900p/whatever, they have for the most part, moved on from that. They know the XO can't achieve 1080p/60 FPS on every game now and are focusing more on getting the best resolution they can at the highest framerate possible, even if that isn't 1080p/60 FPS. PS4 and its Sony Ponies are pretty much the only ones at this point still flaunting 1080p/60 FPS like it's some gift from God and how it should make all the difference in the world.
    Last edited by Totesmcgoats; 2014-12-02 at 06:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not really hard to do 1080p/60 by any means on xbox or ps4, the only reason its not happening is because devs know people will accept 30 fps and better graphics instead. The only reason nintendo is able to do it on weaker hardware is cause its not a priority pushing graphical fidelity for them.

No one has ever claimed the Wii-U is as powerful the XO or Ps4. The only reason Watch_Dogs looks like shit is because Ubisoft was fucken lazy at porting it. There is zero reason why it looks worse then the Xbox 360/Ps3 version and yet it clearly dose.

Also you don't need a powerful rig to have a awesome looking game. Nintendo proves this with each console. Zelda Skyward Sword was one of the best looking games of last gen and it was on hardware that was well over 10 years old.

Art Syle can trump realistic graphics depending how its done.

As for this
    PS4 and its Sony Ponies are pretty much the only ones at this point still flaunting 1080p/60 FPS like it's some gift from God and how it should make all the difference in the world.
    This is pure bullshit. There has been just a couple of games on XO that has out ran the Ps4 version and fanboys of XO couldn't wait to rub it in peoples face. Also Sony nore Microsoft themselves has said much about FPS/1080p But that dosen't mean they are not doing shit behind the scene with company's like Activison and ubisoft. If you think for one sec ether company hasn't told 3rd party company's to make the games match or near match on both platforms your out of ur mind.

The fanboys on both sides run there mouth each day. I just want a fun game that runs decent and there has been a LOT of released games this year that was broken and buggy. Thats why I said Nintendo seems to be the only ones releasing games that isn't broken nore buggy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Its not really hard to do 1080p/60 by any means on xbox or ps4, the only reason its not happening is because devs know people will accept 30 fps and better graphics instead. The only reason nintendo is able to do it on weaker hardware is cause its not a priority pushing graphical fidelity for them.
    Right. They could do 1080p/60fps just fine just tone down on the graphics. I mean come on wtf did having 1000 npc's on the screen at once in AC Unity really do for it????
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2014-12-02 at 08:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im waiting until next Black Friday to buy a console. By then Ill know which one I want for sure.

Hey folks, let's keep this on topic and not continue this console debate. This isn't the thread for that.

though i'm PC master race for life Xbone and PS4 will be here for atleast 5 more years.

xbox 360 came out in 2005 and lasted all the way until 2013 (still going) before Xbone came out.

so YES get a console if you want one they aren't going anywhere for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Don't, me and my best bud bought an Xbox One and PS4...every single game so far has been broken as fuck and/or runs at 20fps. Not a single game has proper running online functionality.

Don't buy a console for the next year at least, maybe they get their shit together by then. Don't believe fairy tales about higher tech or 1080p either, as I said...what the fuck is the point of running a game at 1080p at to what looks to be high/ultra compared to a PC if it runs at 20fps.

You don't even have to take my word for it, feel free to google each gaming title specific about issues.
    Battlefield 4 and the latest Assassin's creed are the only ones I've heard of that are just broken. Shadow of Mordor, D3, AC Black Flag, Dragon Age, Tomb Raider DE, and to a lesser extent Destiny are IMO the pinnacle of console gaming. If you like console gaming then the current generation is fantastic. I have both the PS4 and XBONE, but if you have to pick only one pick the one where your friends are. The difference really are negligible for anyone who isn't trying to capture stills and blowing them up to find differences.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Hey folks, let's keep this on topic and not continue this console debate. This isn't the thread for that.
    There really isn't a topic here that can be discussed without some strong smelling trollbait.

No it's not too late to buy any "new" console, some would say it's too early.