Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post
    We already have no-flying, so what the hell are you talking about? It's not there to "fix" anything, I'm talking about the people saying that flying will give them more to do. Did you even read my post before replying?

I can appreciate this. But flying in itself is not content, which is why I find it odd that people will find themselves having more to do as long as they can fly.
    Definitely not more to do. For me it is an issue of the things I will just pass on instead of doing.

No flying allows platformer minigames (Mario, Sly Cooper, etc.) like having to jump around to get up somewhere or use barn animals. Not really stuff I associated with WoW at all though prior to Timeless Isles. It is okay for now. But yeah the sacrifice made in having people tunnel certain objectives on foot is that they use an FP to get there. In MoP there were many times a rare mob would come up and I'd change course to go kill it. That won't really happen here. But then in MoP I'd fly right up to the goal. In WoD you need to navigate textures and clipping to get up the hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Balazzar View Post
    No flying allows platformer minigames (Mario, Sly Cooper, etc.) like having to jump around to get up somewhere or use barn animals. Not really stuff I associated with WoW at all though prior to Timeless Isles.
    What is more interesting, most people don't like platforming in WoW since Wailing Caverns, Blackfathom Deeps and that one jump at Thaddius (Levitate was savior), thanks to latency and engine not being built around platforming.

Removing what people like to add something that people dislike...

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There are no jumping puzzles in wow. Only garrison.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

I just found out. No flying in 6.1. Calling up friends and family. No need to get me WoD for this holiday season. WoW has been fun but I think its time for me to stop hoping.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    Blizzards response to the debate on flying/no flying

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...3745716?page=7

So sad

I did my daily sweep to check on what players are trying to talk about. Just more deleted thread

When all else fails, censor I guess. At least we know that blizzard knows most people want flight. This is evident in most threads, even this one.
    It's already been discussed with you that instead of people shitting up forums with multiple threads they do what MMO-Champ does and consolidate it if there are already existing threads. I know you personally have a habit of creating multiple threads on the same topic but on both MMO-Champ and official WoW forums it's not a good posting habit to have.

As for "At least we know that blizzard knows most people want flight. This is evident in most threads, even this one." It's kinda sickening when people know they're telling lies but continue to do it. Please don't. That sort of fallacy totally goes against the "Greedy Bli$$ard" notion and surely they'd want to retain as many customers as possible.

So what's it going to be? Are they cutting costs or losing tonnes of money because the "majority" want flight and are leaving?

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    There are no jumping puzzles in wow. Only garrison.
    I heard there are some in WoD. I admit, I barely left garrison at lv 100.

Which further points at no-flying as means to artificially prolong content (of which WoD is full of - all those daily cds upon daily cds, gradual unlocking of raids, etc.) rather than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by CottonBall View Post
    I just found out. No flying in 6.1. Calling up friends and family. No need to get me WoD for this holiday season. WoW has been fun but I think its time for me to stop hoping.
    "Mom...dad...I have some bad news..."

Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    On the one hand you say you need the flexibility of flying back, then you say the world is full of ways to skip content implying you don't need it anyway. I don't need to try harder when you are defeating your own argument.
    I can one hit most mobs in Draenor.

I can defeat all but the toughest level 100 Elite mobs in Draenor.

Just what content am I supposed to be experiencing at this point?

Maybe Blizzard should make it so that we still get our butts kicked when we reach 100 so that there's a threat of dying. Maybe then the content would be worth not skipping.

Seriously... do you know how difficult it is to trap non-elites for my barn? I don't have a level 3 barn yet so I'm stuck praying that I don't crit!!!

I left at the start of MoP and have tried to keep checking in occasionally but no patches or new raid tiers ever brought me back. Isle of Giants, Isle of Thunder and Timeless Isle where all no fly zones. I guess I will stick to SC2. Is it possible to get a small amount of time with WoD? Like a demo or something. I want to see what its like first hand before before I decide to stay or just leave forever. Flying was a really big issue keeping me away from WoD. I really don't know what the game is going to be like without flying. Its not worth the time to reload WoW and not worth the cost to buy the game if I am not going to like it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deydrania View Post
    I can one hit most mobs in Draenor.

I can defeat all but the toughest level 100 Elite mobs in Draenor.

Just what content am I supposed to be experiencing at this point?

Maybe Blizzard should make it so that we still get our butts kicked when we reach 100 so that there's a threat of dying. Maybe then the content would be worth not skipping.

Seriously... do you know how difficult it is to trap non-elites for my barn? I don't have a level 3 barn yet so I'm stuck praying that I don't crit!!!
    Cant disagree with you there, they need to make stuff far tougher.

The fact that they are going to reduce the length of flight points again (which are already really short, 4 mins from one end of Draenor to the other) pretty much confirms no-flying for the rest of the expansion, in my opinion.

There's absolutely no need for flying in this expansion. The only thing it provides is a little convenience for the truly lazy among us.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    The fact that they are going to reduce the length of flight points again (which are already really short, 4 mins from one end of Draenor to the other) pretty much confirms no-flying for the rest of the expansion, in my opinion.

There's absolutely no need for flying in this expansion. The only thing it provides is a little convenience for the truly lazy among us.
    Good job poking your nose in and ignoring 1500 pages of discussion. Truly, worth the read.

Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post

There's no need for anything. It's a game.

But tell me what we're supposed to enjoy about not flying when our average item level reaches 700? It will happen this expansion. Things are already too easy to kill. They're already not worth my time and I'm in dungeon gear.

Quote Originally Posted by CottonBall View Post
    Yeah it was recently announced in the most unlikeliest of places. It is odd that Blizz refuses to discuss the direction of their own game on their own official forums or their own front page?

They did do a quick brief out of what they want out of professions for WoD butt it was so concise that it didn't delve into why they changed so much the entire professions for example? And yeah more people will find out in the coming weeks what they have done and that 6.1 isn't around the corner.

Lot of people bitching about flights removal today in trade chat on my server.

I think someone nailed it when they said a very small percentage of people actually enjoy flight being gone, but a more significant percentage enjoy trolling the people who miss flight.

I certainly hope it returns when another new area is added w/out flight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Lot of people bitching about flights removal today in trade chat on my server.

I think someone nailed it when they said a very small percentage of people actually enjoy flight being gone, but a more significant percentage enjoy trolling the people who miss flight.

I certainly hope it returns when another new area is added w/out flight.
    On my server it's been the other way around entirely. Still, determining what the majority wants based on a small sample of people using General chat with only a couple of servera to go on is pretty poor research, so it doesn't really help anyone.

Also, can people stop pretending to speak for the majority? No one here can claim to be speaking for most people playing the game, regardless if you want flight back or not. I personally do not want flying on Draenor, but I am not going to pretend to speak for none other than myself.

Quote Originally Posted by iperson View Post
    Yes, that 60-90 seconds of controlled flight to your apexis daily and a hearth back to the garrison is going to make the game suddenly fun for you. Thanks for making my point.

Do you have a point to make?

all im saying is that there is no content out in draenor that is worth repeating because that content was designed as one time deal...
    there are no dynamic events, nothing worth to find for a lvl 100 char, nothing new to explore, no rares to kill ,after the leveling phase....

I could play with no flying if the world was what was described by Blizzard, a savage and dangerous world with lots of thing to explore and discover...
    but there is nothing of that, we are playing on rails untill lvl 100, passing and discovering everything along the way, the rares you can kill only once, the treasures are also a one time deal, and most of them are worthless, the garrison provides all the mats you will ever need,you can queue for anything being pve or pvp...

and instead of asking for better content , you are happy with the almost no max lvl content and keep to praise Blizzard for removing a feature that allowed people to have fun ingame....

instead of calling others delusional, and insulting them because they dont play like you, instead of being ridiculous and saying crap like "you are making my point", please atleast have a point to be made...
    Last edited by shadowstep; 2014-12-22 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    uhuh 2 posts earlier:

Do you even realize how you are contradicting yourself?

Pulling a dragon out of your arse and mounting up is just as illogical as pulling a tiger out and mounting up.
    Since they are animals that can fly by themselves, no special location is needed in order to start flying / land, except enough open space for the wings to unfold.[/FONT]
    My point is that there are things that don't make sense logically. So saying you should be able to fly because we could in other places or because some NPCs can doesn't mean anything since there are multiple things like that in this game that require some tolerance.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's right...

I'm back...

So, it looks like there are a few things to clear up, so let's get started.

Definition of Immerse

im·merse verb \i-ˈmərs\
    : to put (something) in a liquid so that all parts are completely covered
    : to make (yourself) fully involved in some activity or interest
    Using immersion as an argument for, or against flight is worthless. It is personal, and subjective, and will have a different feel for EVERY single person playing the game. For example, most recent:

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Pulling a flying dragon out of your bum isn't logical either.
    Summoning horses, dragons, motorcycles, and even Tundra Mammoths from thin air are all explained away by Lore. The words "cast time" implies casting a spell (magic) to bring forth the mode of transportation of your choice.

----------------------------------------------------------

Now, I am all for this:

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    That the game often requires 'suspension of disbelief'.
    However, when I have to drive my chopper to Embaari Village, I have to use their Enchanted Fey Dragon, instead of my own. The Same can be say of my Iron Skyreaver and my Dread Raven. Seems to me, these beasts are all from the same homeworld, have the same anatomical advantages, and would function in the exact same capacity, yet "reasons" dictate that I am unable to kick this beast in its ribs and make it fly like I did 8 seconds before landing and using my Garrison hearth stone.

-----------------------------------------------------------

From time to time, I see the ocassional post where the person already knows the answer, but just can't help but bait someone into it. My recent, personal favorite was this gem:

Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post
    Can someone explain to me how flying would solve the "I just sit in my garrison all day because there's nothing to do"? That's a completely separate problem.

I agree that we need more stuff to do, but thinking that flying would fix it is facepalm-level reasoning.
    Now, anyone with any level of modicum regarding flight would already see the benefit to it, and answer their own question. But, for the purpose of our discussion, I'll do that for them. So, let's break down this epic question, shall we?

Can someone explain to me how flying would solve the "I just sit in my garrison all day because there's nothing to do"?

The term "nothing to do" in this instance implies the commenter is stating that without the luxury and convenience of flight in their arsenal, they have no desire to get out of the garrison and do the same thing they did WITH flight in TBC/WRATH/CATA/MOP.

1. Explore zones - From a safe location, absolutely. More so, a FASTER method. If there is just one teeny, tiny spot at the far end of the map, anyone with half a brain knows that efficiency > all. We all do it. We click the flying mount because it just makes more sense when we have the choice.

2. Farm Battle Pets - Everyone uses addons, maps, and guides to locate missing pieces of their collection for achievements and more. Flight makes getting to those locations faster and easier than riding out on the ground. Anyone who would willingly pick 100% vs 310% is (insert intellectual insult here).

3. Archaeology - Personally, I love it and have the achievements to prove it. I am almost cleared on all of those, and only have a handful in Pandaria still pending, which I am now going back and doing more and more after I handle my work orders and one Apex daily. In a way, I am glad there are not a shit ton of dailies. Allows me more time to go back and catch up on things that matter more.

4. Fishing - Actively seeking fishing spots with map markers to track pools of specific fish is not a big deal when you can just use specific bait, however there is still an achievement for fishing from pools, and flying from pool to pool is much more convenient for an otherwise (personally) boring profession.

5. Wrapping up Zones - Let's face it. A fair few of us, if not MOST have done it. Rush to level cap, and then go back at level cap and fly from hub to hub to complete missed quests from the zone you outleveled an hour after you arrived in it. This is where flying should have been a reward for the Draenor Loremaster... and achievement which ironically doesn't actually exist.

6. Helping - At one time or another, we have either rushed to someone's aid, or had someone rush to ours. Whether it was PvP or PvE related, it helped knowing someone was coming right to your position at 310%, and not valiantly galloping your way at 100%. When you are in deep shit, and every second counts, particularly in PvP, you want as much speed behind your savior, or you to be the savior, as possible. Also, from time to time, someone needs a lift over a wall, or up to a zone to level and just don't have the Flight Paths. Given that we can now boost to 90, they need to put the FP bug back in to unlock FPs in Azeroth for the LvL 1-59 players and encourage moving into zones and questing level specific.

7. Time Saver - We've all been crunched for time at one time or another, like logging in to get your BOTS at the Garrison going before the realm comes down for 8 hours (that turns into 11 hours). Or you needed to rush out from the Shrine to HalfHill to plant/Pick crops. Or maybe you only had 20 minutes to sign in for (insert personal reason here). Not everyone is a student, or works part time, or is permanently disabled, or unemployed living at home. For those out there who have work, school, kids, pets, mortgages, car payments, or a combo of each or all, not everyone has 60 hours a week to play. Moving from place to place at 310% can turn a 5 minute flight into a 2 minute direct flight, or like Outlands where a flight from SMV to Netherstorm is 14 minutes by FP or 3 minutes by personal mount.

8. Fun factor - Recently, on my first trip ever into Firelands, a solo of Ragnaros dropped my Pureblood Fire Hawk, and I was stoked. First thing I did was mount up and see it in Rag's lair. But it couldn't fly, I was still in the raid. DUH! (smacked myself) So, I hearthed back to the Shrine (cause it has all the portals and is not a shit hole like Ashran), dashed outside and mounted up to fly off. AMAZING looking mount! I checked it out on WoWHead, even specifies itself: "Summons and dismisses a rideable Pureblood Fire Hawk. This is a flying mount." It didn't say, "Summons and dismisses a rideable Pureblood Fire Hawk. This is a flying mount, but it can run around like a fiery chicken on Draenor."

9. Freedom. This would be my number one factor when it comes to flight. Freedom. The freedom to lift off from point A, and fly to a point B, and stop anywhere and everywhere in between. When stuck on the loopty loop called a Flight Path, you cannot eject and simply parachute down to a spot along the way. Worse is when you see a large titan walking the path, a rare to kill for your achievement, and when you get back to it, it is gone, cause you forgot your realm is no longer a realm. It is a server in a Data Center in Los Angeles that has 178 zones in a free for all zone in/zone out status. If I had been flying myself, I could have swooped in, killed him, and flown off with another achievement in my pocket. Now, I have to wait longer to see him again. Ironically, that happened flying from Dalaran to Utgarde Keep when I needed to AFK, and saw him in Dragonblight just before I got up to walk away.

Now... let's take a look at the second half of the comment:

I agree that we need more stuff to do, but thinking that flying would fix it is facepalm-level reasoning.

Flight doesn't "fix" anything. It improves it. It offers speed, convenience, and freedom while completing whatever it is you happen to be working on. Anyone who opposes speed, convenience, and freedom likely support tedium and difficulty and likely wish this were still Vanilla, and things were hard as hell. They may have left flight off the agenda til 6.2, but they continue to make more and more casual friendly content. As a casual, I can now have any profession I need. I just have to build the building in my garrison, and farm the work for whatever I need. Then, once I have my crafted item(s), I can demolish the building and get something else. I no longer have a use for my alt, other than picking locks... especially since my Locksmith's Powderkeg won't open the newest lock boxes.