View Poll Results: Nickelback bigger than Elvis?

Voters
276. This poll is closed
  • Yes

49 17.75%
  • No

227 82.25%
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    If serious, please insert laughing harder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Alright armchair psychologist, tell me more about how this matters.

Also no, I listened to Eminem as a kid. Come at me. Also my Dad listens to Disturbed. Trrrryyyyy again!

Other bands I heard growing up-
    Linkin Park
    Bush
    System of the Down
    Gorillaz

And I hate Elvis because he is overhyped garbage in my opinion. Literally even Justin Beiber has a better sounding voice to me.
    Actually, it is my field of study. But no I was using what I know about music. As I said, "Your parents must have listened to fairly normal white middle class music forums" Nothing you listed was edgy or different. It's all post grunge pop alternative. Except Eminem who is like the one and only Rap artist besides Snoop and I-Tea that white people will listen to. As I said hate is too strong an emotion to a music artist that is only played on oldies radio.

To go from it's old and meh to hate requires something other than the excuses you keep saying.

...and what is up with all the people going on about Jimi Hendrix?

Alright guitar player with a flair for the dramatic...meh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who?

I doubt that this kind of music can get this big. Bieber - probably, but not nickelback
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Actually, it is my field of study. But no I was using what I know about music. As I said, "Your parents must have listened to fairly normal white middle class music forums" Nothing you listed was edgy or different. It's all post grunge pop alternative. Except Eminem who is like the one and only Rap artist besides Snoop and I-Tea that white people will listen to. As I said hate is too strong an emotion to a music artist that is only played on oldies radio.

To go from it's old and meh to hate requires something other than the excuses you keep saying.
    Tell me more about how nothings ever an overstatement on the internet.

And no, I'm not going to sit here and list every single band I've heard growing up, but Eminem wasn't the only rap I listened to, also you specifically said "such as light country, light rock, pop rock, classic rock (but not psychedelic)", when I'm pretty sure I haven't heard any country or what not growing up.

My point being, not everything fits into the same little box. You're generalizing to try to fit your argument, but it's just not working. Sorry I listened to way too much different music genres while growing up.

Just want to know is this a serious question? I mean really? nickleback? elvis?
    green is the color!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    I like some of their songs, but the generation now a days doesn't seem to immortalize really good bands / singers like the previous generations did with Kiss and Elvis and even Micheal Jackson. Not only that, but the longest running bad I can think of that still puts out music I enjoy is Linkin Park. Every other artist or band seems to die down after a few albums. Usher seems to be the longest running artist I can think of who has gotten some pretty amazing awards. Yet we hardly hear about him.
    It's really easy, these bands like Kiss, Elvis and Michael Jackson was forced into public, getting all the attention and fame, and when someone hears "Elvis" his brain automatically changes it to "king of rock&roll", and after listening to tutti frutti he goes "oh, that's what rock&roll is" without even listening to things like . Now we don't have this because of how easy it is to obtain information about new bands, and it's really hard to shove music trough our throats anymore.
    They don't even have that much of a good songs, they are just greatly PRed bands like today ones is.

It's good that your taste of music changes over time with your favorite band, because Linkin Park now, and Linking Park before is very, very different.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2014-12-23 at 02:50 AM.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    It's good that your taste of music changes over time with your favorite band, because Linkin Park now, and Linking Park before is very, very different.
    Ain't that the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Ain't that the truth.
    Sometimes it's shocking how i moved from 50 cent to Linking Park to Foo Fighters to Muse to Shakira to Anal Nosorog to Children of Bodom to Dimmu Borgir to Toe to Pentatonix.

Reminder: it's not complete and only list of bands that i do like/liked in past

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Sometimes it's shocking how i moved from 50 cent to Linking Park to Foo Fighters to Muse to Shakira to Anal Nosorog to Children of Bodom to Dimmu Borgir to Toe to Pentatonix.

Reminder: it's not complete and only list of bands that i do like/liked in past
    Up until Shakira I was with you.

Well, I mean I've heard a few of her songs and liked them, but still.

Can they get to a point where they have already pass away and people still think they are alive?

Because I swear I saw Elvis last week.

I hate players that suck at WoW, But I also hate wanna be elitist who barely down normal raid and said that the game is too easy...... yea show me you mythic achivement before you say its too easy otherwise move along scum, because I heard wildstar need you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
    Can they get to a point where they have already pass away and people still think they are alive?

Because I swear I saw Elvis last week.
    Either you should go to the doctors, or run very fast away.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    I think it's that kind of cynicism that kind of kills creativity and music, or at least seems to have stifled it over the last 30 years, people set such high and unrealistic expectations, I am not sure Elvis could come back and top Elvis in some peoples eyes.
    Of course he couldn't it wouldn't be new stuff. Sure Elvis took many songs and ideas from others but he was the 1st coming of that sort of thing for many people. I'm not sure what is cynical in my post, Nickleback is shit the OP is clearly flamebait at best. Thinking a product should be good isn't setting the bar too high. Thinking the crap that is jammed down throats is good enough is setting it too low.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I don't think so unless they manage to release some truly iconic albums in the upcoming years (I know they have several hot albums but I wouldn't call any of them iconic). Elvis is remembered for many reasons that Nickelback really doesn't have much hope for comparing, he revolutionized the way his music sounds, he created a new level of acceptance, and he died tragically. If Nickelback somehow does all these things then perhaps but I don't think it seems likely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Lets be real here for a second. None of you actually hate Nickelback. You just claim to because doing so makes you hip.
    As I said. I enjoy Rock Star. I find the rest pretty "meh."

I don't skip it when Pandora plays it, but I don't "Like" it or really get into it.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Nicklewho?
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Nickelback are just ripping off Elvis' guitar sound and riffs. Elvis was Metal. Nickelback never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Akakishin View Post
    Just want to know is this a serious question? I mean really? nickleback? elvis?
    It really just blows my mind how popular elvis is. I am surprised that artists today are not routinely passing him with unprecedented market size and access, but I think I said this before they will not leave the legacy even if they hit the record sales.

Deleted
    Since when is Nickalback big? Oh you teenagers.

The answer is literally "No.". Not now, not ever. Nickleback aren't even played outside of the US or youtube channels. Elvis songs and Michael Jackson songs, and hell, even Justin Bieber songs will still have more clicks and physical purchases than anything Nickleback ever achieves.

They really aren't a big thing at all and they're getting worse as time goes on.