Changing sleep schedules and getting no sleep

For roughly the past month, I have been going to bed anywhere from 3-7 in the morning and waking up rougly 9 hours afterwards because of winter break so I don't usually wake up until late in the afternoon.
    I've been trying to unfuck my sleep schedule by going to bed before or around 12 every night and there are nights where I just can not fall asleep. Is this because of how drastically I'm trying to change my schedule and my body trying to get back into the grove of things or is it something else?
    Last edited by Barshot; 2015-01-08 at 08:49 AM. Reason: grammar

probably due to what your body feels is its natural sleep cycle.... mine stays screwed up working nights and on off days needing to wake up early and/or stay awake after work for normal day light hour things.. I'd recommend trying some OTC sleep aids to help adjust back to 12 - 8am sleep rotations, and no naps during the day / limit caffeine.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Adult humans in the wild go to sleep first at night, then they wake up for an hour or two in the middle of the night. Then they go back to bed and wake up in the morning and then they nap around noon. So it's normal for people to sleep 3 times a day.

I would back on stimulants like caffeine if you drink a lot.

My 2 cents.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do what I do (even though it's probably really bad for your body)

When I need to change my sleeping pattern (few weeks ago I was going to bed at 6AM and not waking up until gone 4PM) I stay up all night.

So I would go to bed "normal" at 6AM, wake up at 4PM, then stay awake until around 9PM the NEXT night. Then I would be so tired I would be able to fall asleep that early, and end up waking up at about 6AM.

Suddenly i'm going to bed before midnight and waking up at the time I would normally be going to sleep.

Again, it's probably not healthy, but it really works for me, the only thing you have to do it, when trying to stay up, you will get really, really tired and want to sleep just due to boredom, so keep yourself busy, exercise, tidy the house, go for a walk, anything active, do NOT sit infront of a TV/PC, it will make you really, really sleepy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoeii View Post
    I hereby would like to nominate this person for the tool award.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuravolpe View Post
    Only if we get a pet for the disaster that was your parents deciding to breed.

Deleted
    I always fuck up my sleep pattern in the holidays. My solution is to go out and rock out, get hammered. Always fixes it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barshot View Post
    For roughly the past month, I have been going to bed anywhere from 3-7 in the morning and waking up rougly 9 hours afterwards because of winter break so I don't usually wake up until late in the afternoon.
    I've been trying to unfuck my sleep schedule by going to bed before or around 12 every night and there are nights where I just can not fall asleep. Is this because of how drastically I'm trying to change my schedule and my body trying to get back into the grove of things or is it something else?
    I wouldn't worry about it. I don't have a set sleep cycle and just sleep when I'm tired and have enough time to sleep and it works fine. Caffeine can help if you're having trouble "waking up", but exercise is even better.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Eh, whenever my sleep-rhythm is messed up during holidays (awake till 6-8am etc) I just do the following a few days before work starts again:

- Try to stay awake longer than the "usual" 6-8am, preferably till about 12-3 pm or so.
    - Go to sleep and sleep till 12am or so
    - Stay away till around 8-10 pm the next day and go to bed
    - Wake up around 5-7am or so fresh and well-slept

This is how I do it, anyways. Though sometimes I just skip some of it and just fight it out straight though the night and till 8pm or so the next day...

I love to sleep, though. Usually sleep at least 8 hours a night during the week and 10-12 hours a night on weekends / holidays. I have an amazing imagination and my dreams are awesome so that's also one reason for it.