Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Our Resto Druids Healing

Need some help MMO Champ. Why is our Resto Druids HPS so low and a misuse or are using the wrong spells for situations.

Logs
    Druid 1 - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...r/10816/latest
    Druid 2 - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...963380/latest/

If you just want to look at specific fights, Twins Mythic, Brackenspore (H), Imperator (H), Ko'ragh (H).

Thank you in advance for any feedback your able to provide.
    Last edited by Feawen; 2015-01-10 at 05:30 PM. Reason: added comment

Deleted
    Druid 1: One big thing i first notice is the tier 6 talent choice. On the imperator HC fight, 4,12% of his healing came from Natures Vigil. Now i'll compare it to my imperator hc fight as rdruid with Dream of cenarious instead of Natures Vigil. 7,9% of all my healing came from dream of cenarious. and it did a total of 1.5mil healing and compared to your Natures vigil talent you total healing with that was 733k.

In my opinion Dream of Cenarious is much better for various reason. 1. you help with damage on boss which sometimes might be the needed damage to kill a raid boss ( butcher hc for example ) 2. it provides more healing and is entirely passive compared to natures vigil which have a 2 min cd and heals for less. 3. It will help manage your mana very efficiently, especially if you are experiencing mana issues when raiding.

He is good at keeping lifebloom up which is good, but i see a 99% uptime on reju. and that can really be a mana killer if its not only on the tank you have it. Another thing, you only used swiftmend 6 times on the imperator hc fight which seems abit low to me. im not very good at giving feedback but i hope this helps.

Druid 2

I only have time to look on the imperator fight as its the longest fight and will provide the most information needed to help people with what they are doing wrong, all this is my personal experience, im doing my best to help.

First of all, only 79% uptime of lifebloom which is abit low tbh. it should be above 90% at all times. I'm gonna say the same to you as to your healer buddy, your natures vigil only healed for roughly 100k and 1% of your total healing. try playing with dream of cenarious instead.

good amount of swiftmend casts compared to your healer buddy.

also you have very high uptime on reju which could be a mana killer.

this is all i have time for at this point. sorry for not going deeper into the logs but i pointed out some important stuff in my opinion, hope it helps and let me know if you have questions or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by mhalle View Post
    Druid 1: One big thing i first notice is the tier 6 talent choice. On the imperator HC fight, 4,12% of his healing came from Natures Vigil. Now i'll compare it to my imperator hc fight as rdruid with Dream of cenarious instead of Natures Vigil. 7,9% of all my healing came from dream of cenarious. and it did a total of 1.5mil healing and compared to your Natures vigil talent you total healing with that was 733k.

In my opinion Dream of Cenarious is much better for various reason. 1. you help with damage on boss which sometimes might be the needed damage to kill a raid boss ( butcher hc for example ) 2. it provides more healing and is entirely passive compared to natures vigil which have a 2 min cd and heals for less. 3. It will help manage your mana very efficiently, especially if you are experiencing mana issues when raiding.

He is good at keeping lifebloom up which is good, but i see a 99% uptime on reju. and that can really be a mana killer if its not only on the tank you have it. Another thing, you only used swiftmend 6 times on the imperator hc fight which seems abit low to me. im not very good at giving feedback but i hope this helps.

Druid 2

I only have time to look on the imperator fight as its the longest fight and will provide the most information needed to help people with what they are doing wrong, all this is my personal experience, im doing my best to help.

First of all, only 79% uptime of lifebloom which is abit low tbh. it should be above 90% at all times. I'm gonna say the same to you as to your healer buddy, your natures vigil only healed for roughly 100k and 1% of your total healing. try playing with dream of cenarious instead.

good amount of swiftmend casts compared to your healer buddy.

also you have very high uptime on reju which could be a mana killer.

this is all i have time for at this point. sorry for not going deeper into the logs but i pointed out some important stuff in my opinion, hope it helps and let me know if you have questions or anything.
    That is a very bad argument for supporting DoC over Nature's Vigil.

NV doesn't detract from your ordinary spell priority to use effectively; DoC requires you to alter your rotation to access the benefits given by the talent.

To accurately calculate the pros and cons from going NV to DoC(and vice-versa), you would have to argue what you would normally cast(or not cast) in place of Wrath should you have DoC slotted as an opportunity cost.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

I agree with mhalle that DoC is a great choice for this fight. For the first few intermissions druids shouldn't need much else besides mushroom and wrath spamming. I wouldn't even consider keeping harmony up and lifebloom up that important for those first intermissions. You'll need to save all your mana you can for the 3rd int. I can get into it with 80% mana, usually more. If you're going into that int with around 50% mana you should drink a channeled mana pot as theres not much happening as it begins.

Quote Originally Posted by Nypheria View Post
    I agree with mhalle that DoC is a great choice for this fight. For the first few intermissions druids shouldn't need much else besides mushroom and wrath spamming. I wouldn't even consider keeping harmony up and lifebloom up that important for those first intermissions. You'll need to save all your mana you can for the 3rd int. I can get into it with 80% mana, usually more. If you're going into that int with around 50% mana you should drink a channeled mana pot as theres not much happening as it begins.
    To me it does not sound like you know the fight very well. There are only two intermissions on Imperator, not three. And DoC is an awful choice, simply because it is not a cooldown, like the other two alternatives are. Ideally on Imperator you want to get to second intermission with about 50% mana, then drink a channeled potion, and be back at 95%+.
    OP, whatever you do, do not recommend your Resto Druids to run DoC, Nature's Vigil is really good on that fight, especially on Phase 4, combined with Rejuv spam and Genesis to heal single people up quickly, as well as the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Sporax View Post
    To me it does not sound like you know the fight very well. There are only two intermissions on Imperator, not three. And DoC is an awful choice, simply because it is not a cooldown, like the other two alternatives are. Ideally on Imperator you want to get to second intermission with about 50% mana, then drink a channeled potion, and be back at 95%+.
    OP, whatever you do, do not recommend your Resto Druids to run DoC, Nature's Vigil is really good on that fight, especially on Phase 4, combined with Rejuv spam and Genesis to heal single people up quickly, as well as the raid.
    Well, strat wise, the first intermission is ignored and not called one since there is no adds. So yes there are actually 3 intermissions on the fight, but since the 2nd and 3rd spawn ads the 1st one isn't labeled as such (which is what he is trying to say).

As for DoC vs. NV...I've read both are best for the fight, and after more reading about it, I've come to the conclusion is that its a case-by-case choice depending on your group. NV is typically the choice for all fights in HM. HoTW can be included depending on your group. With my group, we are strong on heals but lag in damage. Currently trying a strat where we (2 rdruids) use HoTW to help on intermission because we don't need to be healing (besides mushroom down on maybe a hot or two on tank). We havn't gotten HImp down yet but our best attempts come from rdruids using HoTW. But again this is b/c our groups comp and where we lack (dps). I don't like using HoTW and rather use DoC/NV, but right now its what we are trying out.

DoC is good for the first couple phases but there comes a point were you wont be able to cast wrath at all. I can conserve a lot of mana, while getting free heals.

NV has a short CD, but I with the strong healers we have I don't feel much use out of it till later. But in the end of the fight NV is way better then DoC, and the last phase is where I am happy I have it and not DoC.

I've read both sides and "top players" are choosing one or the other. I think it really comes down to your groups comp and playstyle. If you check out logs for rdruids in the fight, you will see a mix and both talents healing the same amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Klipz View Post
    Well, strat wise, the first intermission is ignored and not called one since there is no adds. So yes there are actually 3 intermissions on the fight, but since the 2nd and 3rd spawn ads the 1st one isn't labeled as such (which is what he is trying to say).
    The transition from phase 1 to phase 2 is not an intermission. Look in the dungeon journal if you want further proof.

Thank you for comments everybody, though this thread does seem to be derailing into more of a DoC vs NV on one fight. If anyone else has some more feedback on their healing in general on the fights I listed above, I'd love it. Especially Mythic Twins.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feawen View Post
    Thank you for comments everybody, though this thread does seem to be derailing into more of a DoC vs NV on one fight. If anyone else has some more feedback on their healing in general on the fights I listed above, I'd love it. Especially Mythic Twins.
    cant see any mythic twins, but normaly they should be doing 38~45 hps depending of your healing comp, they are doing a lot of overhealing in kargath mythic maybe try to run with 4 healers instead

EDIT: i prefer NV over DoC, couse NV u can use as a healing cd and DoC u have to "stop healing" to cast wrath
    Last edited by mmoc97188dc654; 2015-01-11 at 06:06 AM.

Don't see any mythic twins logs...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    That is a very bad argument for supporting DoC over Nature's Vigil.

NV doesn't detract from your ordinary spell priority to use effectively; DoC requires you to alter your rotation to access the benefits given by the talent.

To accurately calculate the pros and cons from going NV to DoC(and vice-versa), you would have to argue what you would normally cast(or not cast) in place of Wrath should you have DoC slotted as an opportunity cost.
    With how resto druids keep mana at the moment there is absolutely no sane resto druid who would not go for dream of Cenarius.
    Its the only way to keep mana throughout a long healing intensive fight for a resto druid and still provide good healing.

"That is a very bad argument" youy need to take this and put it into a very dark hole

Unless we are talking Mythic Mar'gok here, and perhaps even then, talent choice is not what makes a druid healer bad or good. At heroic Mar'gok all talents can be used and be made to work if played correctly, even Moment of Clarity and treants. Nature's Vigil and DoC are both valid choices.

Don't get invested into certain talents guys. If you are unable to heal Mar'gok Heroic without your preferred choice between NV and DoC, you are not playing well. If you were, you would be able to use all of your tools effectively.

Warcraftlogs is down at the moment.

Edit: Looking at a Mar'gok HC kill I don't see anything major that's wrong. There's room for more cooldown usage at start to preserve mana, but they manage their mana well, drink channeled potions, and get to the end part with alot of mana.

Your links go do HPS rankings on Kargath Bladefist Heroic. If you want to get bigger your healers better rankings on that fight, you can try two- or three-healing it.

The Twin Ogron progress log.
    Last edited by Hildrande; 2015-01-11 at 03:12 PM.

Yes everyone is correct, no logs cause they were wipes.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/NG4rdBc29AHngPq6 Thursday this week.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/RWKwjD7ghnz9CkdB Wednesday this week.

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=LuRu9;31638EDIT: i prefer NV over DoC, couse NV u can use as a healing cd and DoC u have to "stop healing" to cast wrath [/QUOTE]

While I use NV more often than DoC, this argument is completely off. PosPosPos had the right idea when he first commented. You have to take into account what you would normally do in the situation where you would cast wrath?

You don't really "stop healing", since wrath procs a heal and will be smartish. What you need to weigh is, "is there enough damage happening soon to merit prehotting people?" or "everyone is at half health but there will be 0 damage happening until the next big timer"

These are times you would rather use wrath. Keep lifebloom, harmony and wild mushroom up,but just use wrath when you know there's not a lot of damage happening that will immediately kill your raid. Wild mushroom and wrath healing will trickle everyone up while the other healer waste their mana. Hell, tell them to let the disc just spam shields all day while their incidental healing slowly heals. Make sure people are topped before the next big wave, then trickle them back up again.

It not a matter what's always better, it's using the tools given to you appropriately.

Quote Originally Posted by Sporax View Post
    The transition from phase 1 to phase 2 is not an intermission. Look in the dungeon journal if you want further proof.
    I'm with you 100% there, I was just simply trying to point out what he was trying to get across.

Deleted
    genisis needs mana cost lowerd

I posted this in another thread, but the same information applies here. In terms of the DoC vs NV discussion: DoC on Imperator, NV on everything else.

As a resto druid, there are a few things you should be looking at to evaluate your healing.

1) Harmony uptime. It should be 99.9% uptime on every fight. If its below 90%, its something you need to adjust and work on.
    2) Lifebloom uptime. This spell should also be very high at 90%+ If it is below that, it is something you need to adjust and work on. High LB uptime = High chance of clearcasts.
    3) How many casts of Mushroom did you get off vs the length of the encounter? This isn't super strict, but gives you an idea of your uptime on your mushroom during an encounter. On a 6 minute fight, you should be getting at least 2 mushrooms off per minute, so ideally you should have ~12 casts of mushroom on a 6 minute fight (Mushrooms is 30sec)
    4) Personal CD usage. This doesn't evaluate your healing, but it shows if you're using abilities. Everyone should be using personal CDs, so your barkskin usage should be used as much as possible. With a 1 minute CD, on a 6 minute fight, ideally it should be around 5-6 casts. Ironbark is similar, but it may be different for everyone based on your raid comp (does your tanks "reserve" your IB, or are you allowed to use it whenever?)
    5) Nature's vigil usage (if talented)--another Mathy one. 1.5 minute CD. It should be used on CD. If you've got one use on a 6 minute fight.. thats bad!
    6) How many clearcasts did you gain during a fight vs how many regrowths cast during an encounter. If you had 15 clearcasts on a fight, you should also have 15 regrowth casts as well!

This isn't end all, be all, but these are a few things that you can look at on your own very easily every fight and make adjustments based on that knowledge of where you should be as a resto druid.

Deleted
    i guess its okey to use DoC on imperator while u dont get the trinkets with spirit and stuff i got arround 1750 spirit on my druid and we 3 healed imperator this reset , even in progression i'm not using DoC the only time i used it was 1st phew weeks when no1 has gear yet, after that NV is way better

Quote Originally Posted by solidbear View Post
    I posted this in another thread, but the same information applies here. In terms of the DoC vs NV discussion: DoC on Imperator, NV on everything else.
    HotW has its place too, you know. I loved it on mythic Brackenspore, personally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    With how resto druids keep mana at the moment there is absolutely no sane resto druid who would not go for dream of Cenarius.
    Its the only way to keep mana throughout a long healing intensive fight for a resto druid and still provide good healing.

"That is a very bad argument" youy need to take this and put it into a very dark hole
    whatt... no. if you feel like you are basically required to take DoC basically as a crutch to support druid's poor regen then you really just need to play more strategically and use your spells to their fullest benefit.

personally haven't taken DoC on any serious progression kills. I've toyed with it here and there, and I have seen decent logs of people using it on say Mtwins but it is absolutely not necessary by any means. even on heroic imperator. (currently working on mythic)
    Pretty casual basically.