Page 1 of 3
LastLast

How to fix Hunters in one small change

Last edited by Mormolyce; 2015-07-03 at 03:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Feels fair enough to me, a small change, but makes a world of difference without leaving hunters screwed.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Then you should also nerf fireball to deal 6 to a minion, where do you stop? Hunter is fine tbh

Quote Originally Posted by caractacus View Post
    Then you should also nerf fireball to deal 6 to a minion, where do you stop? Hunter is fine tbh
    I stop at Kill Command.

With this change, Kill Command remains strong, Hunters remain strong, even face Hunter remains strong. But the extreme amount of face pressure Hunters can put out with almost no counter is reduced significantly.

Then you are making that card really bad compared to cards like fireball and Eviscerate, nobody would play Hunters.

Deleted
    Then nobody would play Hunters.
    I love Hearthstone players for their overreacting.

I'd make it 2 mana 2/4 instead. Making it only usable on minions makes it really weak, almost not even worth playing at all.

The card is extremely worth playing, to kill Sludge Belchers and other 5HP minions at the very least. I would actually say I use them more on minions than on face when I play Hunter. If this change went ahead I very much doubt KC would get removed from most Hunters' decks. All it does is prevent the truly excessive ability of Hunters to close from 12 HP. Which considering their front-loaded damage and early game rush is just insane.

What they need to do is make it so Control Hunter is playable, and have other classes built around anti-rush, so this style will die out, simply because it no longer works. Nerfing this will only piss off hunters even more after Buzzard nerf.

Deleted
    Then you are making that card really bad compared to cards like fireball and Eviscerate ...
    Card balance does not always translate into convenient one on one comparison. If it did, balancing would be a lot easier.

... nobody would play Hunters.
    People said the same thing when the buzzard was nerfed, and yet hunter is one of the most popular classes. Heck, they even said that about the tiny change to the bow. It is downright hilarious how easily people claim a class doom.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    People said the same thing when the buzzard was nerfed, and yet hunter is one of the most popular classes. Heck, they even said that about the tiny change to the bow. It is downright hilarious how easily people claim a class doom.
    I feel like those nerfs were somewhat misaimed, sure there were some excessive buzzard combos but that was never the real power of rush hunter - there's just too much synergy between easy early game damage, constant hero power pressure and the ability to close in ways that are almost impossible to counter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I feel like those nerfs were somewhat misaimed, sure there were some excessive buzzard combos but that was never the real power of rush hunter - there's just too much synergy between easy early game damage, constant hero power pressure and the ability to close in ways that are almost impossible to counter.
    Well the bow change barely even qualifies as a real nerf, which is why I mentioned it. I don't think the buzzard was misaimed though, just not an elegant one, and it did nothing to address other issues with the hunter. They could rather have made multiple clean changes, instead of one big and ugly change.

The difference with the Buzzard nerf was that before this happened Hunters were way over represented in the Ladders.

Deleted
    I believe if this change came to pass i'd cream my pants for a week straight.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    If you're going to make it so it can't be used on face, then the cost should be reduced or the damage boosted to help make up for it. If it can't be used as straight face damage, it needs to be stronger removal like a 3/5 for 2 or a 4/6 for 3.

Deleted
    Usually I like to enter a thread and explain why a change won't work or make a diffrence while being as constructive as I can... However this is pretty spot on, and that's even comming from a rigerous hunter player with 2 hunter decks, a face and a control..

I can't count the number of times where I end up skill commanding a win I had no right to get. My biggest fear when playing constructed is it happens to me before I can pull it off - not really anything else.

Edit: The only downside I forsee is Arena, really. KC will be less powerful which makes the randomization of decks harder for the Hunter. For constructed this change would be perfect.

Let's play spot the hunter

Found one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Let's play spot the hunter

Found one.
    Well you might want to try spec savers, my most played class in rank is Priest and Paladin.

362 ladders wins as a priest vs only 60 as a hunter. And quite a few of those were messing about with control hunter.

Well you might want to try spec savers, my most played class in rank is Priest and Paladin.

362 ladders wins as a priest vs only 60 as a hunter. And quite a few of those were messing about with control hunter.
    I'm not sure how your total ladder wins has any relevance at all, mr hunter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I'm not sure how your total ladder wins has any relevance at all, mr hunter.
    Then I guess there is no point trying to explain anything to you then.