Page 1 of 58
... LastLast

Blue and the players discussing that Difficulty above LFR is not content.

So interesting that is going on this thread. Everyone should read this.
    Players claiming that there is nothign to do after completing LFR and quests. Blue post replied that they should try normal raiding and explaining that it is totally different then LFR. Players are disagreeing. Perfect thread about what WoD has become and the philosophy of Blizzard catering too much to the players.

Grabs popcorn*

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15699506608

It's just mostly a showcase of the failed philosophy regarding that only end game content is raid content. They really shot themselves into the foot when they started with it as it's simply not enough to keep interest up in the game.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to agree with the blues here in this case. LFR is not normal/heroic by any means - I'm 6/7 in each and when I went into LFR it was akin to a dungeon. Most of the mechanics didn't exist. It's as if they're all-new fights with the same models.

I mean, he's kinda right. LFR is sightseeing mode, you get to join and see the bosses, see what they do, but you don't have to play. Normal and above is a completely other matter entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    It's just mostly a showcase of the failed philosophy regarding that only end game content is raid content. They really shot themselves into the foot when they started with it as it's simply not enough to keep interest up in the game.
    But- but... There's soo much else to do like... Farming! Farming Pets for achievements, darming mounts for achievements and farming quests for achievements.
    So much content!!!!

What else do you expect Blizzard to do? Implement different content? Maybe challenging solo scenarios that are as hard and rewarding as raids?
    [/sarcasm]

Quote Originally Posted by Fakie View Post
    I mean, he's kinda right. LFR is sightseeing mode, you get to join and see the bosses, see what they do, but you don't have to play. Normal and above is a completely other matter entirely.
    Does anyone actually do LFR for the experience of seeing the bosses? Like, more than once?
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

LFR is for sightseeing. Normal/Heroic is another thing entirely. In Norm/HC if you don't do the mechanics right, you die. In LFR maybe one or 2 people die, but you still kill the boss. And then Mythic is another beast entirely with all new mechanics. They aren't "all the same fight just more difficult."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    Does anyone actually do LFR for the experience of seeing the bosses? Like, more than once?
    Anyone not raiding normal/heroic/mythic or anyone playing on alts not raiding. I do it on my alts for 640 - 646 gear.

So what some guy nolifed the expansion to this point and expects more. The average game is like 20 hours of content. Surely it took him longer than that to accomplish what he did in warcraft in such a short period of time. I think he got his money's worth and not doing higher difficulties is a choice all of his own. Did he really beat the game without slaying mythic? Not really since the only time he'll see cho'gall on imp fight is on someone else's kill video or stream. That might be good enough for him though which is fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I have to agree with the blues here in this case. LFR is not normal/heroic by any means - I'm 6/7 in each and when I went into LFR it was akin to a dungeon. Most of the mechanics didn't exist. It's as if they're all-new fights with the same models.
    Of course you do. But it IS the same content. Mechanics != content. It's not like there are new bosses or the bosses are in radically different settings. They just do some different things.

Your argument and Bashiok's both boil down to "well you can do organized raiding" which ignores both the fact that the content is basically the same and that some people can't or do not want to dedicate 2 or 3 nights of a week to raiding. Your argument is further weakened by the fact that heroic IS pretty much just normal but slightly harder. Even further, note that Bashiok didn't give a list of other things you can do in WoD... it was "well, you can do the harder levels of Highmaul..." which is really an admission that there's not a lot of variety in new content.

Blues should just STFU in threads like those - they're always going to be positive and pro-Blizzard because it's their job (even if a blue privately felt that WOD was lacking content they'd never post it as a blue) and because it distorts the rest of the thread. Sometimes it's best to just listen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowspawn115 View Post
    LFR is for sightseeing. Normal/Heroic is another thing entirely. In Norm/HC if you don't do the mechanics right, you die. In LFR maybe one or 2 people die, but you still kill the boss. And then Mythic is another beast entirely with all new mechanics. They aren't "all the same fight just more difficult."
    Yes they are. (well, not Mythic). The bosses are the same. The setting is the same. The story (cho'gall in Mythic aside) is the same. Again, different or harder mechanics are not different content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    So what some guy nolifed the expansion to this point and expects more. The average game is like 20 hours of content. Surely it took him longer than that to accomplish what he did in warcraft in such a short period of time. I think he got his money's worth and not doing higher difficulties is a choice all of his own. Did he really beat the game without slaying mythic? Not really since the only time he'll see cho'gall on imp fight is on someone else's kill video or stream. That might be good enough for him though which is fine.
    No lifed? "... in such a short period of time..."? WoD is something like 2 months old. You can easily do 40-80 hours of play time in 2 months even casually. If you play a bit for several evenings a week it's trivial to do that so for someone who doesn't watch TV during weeknights and likes WoW, they could come home, play a bit Mon-Thursday, go out on Friday and take the weekend off and still accomplish quite a lot.

This is a video game and not a movie, taking away all of the difficulty and coordination away does create an entirely different gaming experience whether or not it looks that way on the surface. LFR wouldn't exist at all if Blizzard didn't go out of their way to cater the game toward casual players who couldn't otherwise see the content, and now those same people are complaining that they beat it too quickly and there isn't anything to do. How sharper than a serpent's tooth indeed.

If Blizzard wanted to, they could probably put out a new LFR instance every couple months with sloppily designed bosses and no attention paid to tuning or balancing just for the sake of pushing out new stuff for everyone to see, but would the game really be better in that case?

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Of course you do. But it IS the same content. Mechanics != content. It's not like there are new bosses or the bosses are in radically different settings. They just do some different things.
    But, the bosses are a significantly different play experience between difficulty levels. Questing, even in new areas, is still the same mind numbing experience. Kill this/gather that. It's the exact same thing, just with a different skin. Play style does not change at all. Daily quests.....even worse.

Personally, I prefer new experiences. Multiple raid difficulties that takes weeks/months to progress through give me MUCH more than new quest areas that I can burn through in a few hours.

I guess some people just enjoy running around 2-shotting mobs (apparently that is their only form of content) than actually having to pay attention..../shrug

Imagine how these people would react if they played when there wasn't even lfr and didn't have a chance at setting foot inside any raid except last expansion's.

7+ Year Old Account
    This is a joke. Kids bitching about not having content. I bet he cant even do heroic mechanics. And those aren't even hard. Just an LFR kiddy who can't do real raiding content because....reasons?

I....but he....but the.../facepalm.

I was typing out something really long but I lost it thinking about the person who wrote that post. He bought the game and was entertained. If he's not entertained anymore, stop paying for the games monthly fee. At this point you'll have gotten the same thing out of this game that you've gotten from every game ever created in the history of the concept of sold games of any kind.

Regardless of whether the content between LFR and Normal raids are the same, the experience is definitely different. From that perspective, I think the Blue had a completely valid point.

That said, even more content would be good too. But as far as the complaint I don't see how the initial content is that lacking this expansion compared to the last.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Ok so normal is new content that still leaves mythic and heroic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowspawn115 View Post
    LFR is for sightseeing? Pretty sure the people who run it every week do it for loot not sightseeing.

Deleted
    I could understand why someone would feel they are done with content after clearing highmaul on normal. You actually have to learn the bosses, so you've seen the content at that point and might not care about the extra challenge. Fair enough.

LFR though is an utter joke. Stating that you're done with content after doing LFR just reeks of ignorance.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyranitar View Post
    But- but... There's soo much else to do like... Farming! Farming Pets for achievements, darming mounts for achievements and farming quests for achievements.
    So much content!!!!

What else do you expect Blizzard to do? Implement different content? Maybe challenging solo scenarios that are as hard and rewarding as raids?
    [/sarcasm]
    The problem with challenging solo content is most LFR level players are not going to be able to do it anyway.

OT: People claiming normal is just like LFR have obviously never stepped out of LFR. In normal raids you can't ignore all the mechanics and afk in a corner. Heroic is a step up again. Normal/heroic is a completely different experience to LFR and mythic is different again as it adds a whole new set of mechanics and level of coordination.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I saw was a bunch of low hanging fruits refusing to accept the existance of something above them because they're too lazy to reach higher. If you're content with little, that's nobody's fault but your own.