Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Segasik View Post
    Anxiously awaiting for first fight in 6.1 on which I will get OOM by just playing and casting LBs.. that will be fun..
    Go on a dummy right now and spam lightning bolt from ranged. Your mana will not go down, ever. The MW mana changes are completely irrelevant for DPSing alone, but they can affect off-healing (which we weren't doing anyway because of how terrible it is).

Now, why in the world would they nerf enhance pvp? Blizzard logic
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarasun View Post
    Go on a dummy right now and spam lightning bolt from ranged. Your mana will not go down, ever. The MW mana changes are completely irrelevant for DPSing alone, but they can affect off-healing (which we weren't doing anyway because of how terrible it is).

Now, why in the world would they nerf enhance pvp? Blizzard logic
    The healing cost staying is really huge PvP nerf
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

I dunno, eote change for enhance seems interesting to me. It makes cooldown collision of SS/LL a thing of the past, and might be able to let you to fit in 2 gcds between each fire nova instead of being forced to wait to maximize fire nova usage. eote will lower the effective cooldown of fire nova, SS, and LL I think. I'll still use it.

Deleted
    Another PTR patch, and the Shaman MMO-C community acts as if the world is ending.

This is not the final patch for the PTR. This set of changes is mainly talent changes only. Spell changes are most likely still to come. If you can't have some patience over the PTR process, you should probably not check the patch notes until it's deployed live.

If you want to give better feedback than "this sucks" without any reasoning, go download the PTR, go copy your character over, and go test and provide logs you can submit in game via the feedback method. Otherwise you'll just look like another whining Shaman on MMO-C and not be taken seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    And by the way, making our offheal tax us in resources further reinforces our role as dpsers, giving Blizzard less excuses to hold us back and allowing them to make us fully competitive as dpsers.

They're still working on it, so don't give up hope.
    Are you seriously trying to pass off
    "Hey, making us shittier will make it more important they fix us, so being made shittier is actually a good thing!"
    as a defense of their design decisions?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    Nothing indicates that the charges are shared among all abilities. It could be two stacks per ability, which makes a lot more sense. It would buff Echo for single target (don't know how well it would do against EM, but it would increase burst on any fight with some downtime to let charges fill) and nerf our aoe in one swoop.

A lot of people are acting like this is huge when realistically it'll be less of an impact than you realize. Even when out of Echo spec Enhancement AoE is very good, and a lot of people don't even bother speccing into Echo on fights like M-Kargath, M-Imp, and M-Tectus because our AoE is good enough to competently handle fight mechanics even without speccing for it. And anything more than adequately handling the fight mechanics is just damage meter padding for epeen.

The only reason the effects of Echo are so immensely visible now is because Mythic Imperator has near 100% 6+ target AoE uptime, which means we can see bonkers 60k+ damage rankings. That is such a specific set of circumstances that are unlikely to repeat themselves on another boss anytime soon.
    Well we can only hope it is NOT shared, would atleast make the talent more usefull.
    Looking forward to see how it will play out, if it stays as it is.

If echo of the elements really just give 2 charges to those spells, it will be the biggest piece of shit ever. Why do I want 2 charges on lava burst if I always cast it on CD?! It's a big nerf to both enhanc and elemental. For resto I guess it's good, 2 spirit link totems!
    Last edited by MakeMeLaugh; 2015-01-25 at 04:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    If echo of the elements really just give 2 charges to those spells, it will be the biggest piece of shit ever. Why do I want 2 charges on lava burst if I always cast it on CD?! It's a big nerf to both enhanc and elemental. For resto I guess it's good, 2 spirit link totems!
    Pretty sure its already been announced by mathy ppl to be the best talent for ele.

https://twitter.com/Binkenstein/stat...15797535989760

SO...yea.....perhaps a bit of research or wait it out and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Pretty sure its already been announced by mathy ppl to be the best talent for ele.

Yea I really don't understand how having a spell that I use on CD having 2 stacks is any better than the current echo, which procs a lot(sometimes you would get 3, 4 in a row). Guess I will have to wait and see.

EotE seems like a massive buff to me, am I missing something?

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its a bit of both.

It takes the RNG out of the talent. So in that regard it could be seen as a QoL improvement.

However, those lucky streaks ending may lead to a nerf in numbers.

It was a needed change TBH, looking at getting multiple Nova Echos off is something that needed to be toned down.

What I am most upset about here is the Storm Elemental Totem buff. Id rather not be forced into taking an uninspired, shitty talent because its numbers are there. I want to take it because its fun to use.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    You realise with charges it doesn't go on CD until you use up all the charges, right?

Quote Originally Posted by riphie View Post
    You realise with charges it doesn't go on CD until you use up all the charges, right?
    Once you use the first charge it starts recharging, each charge has its own cooldown

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post

What I am most upset about here is the Storm Elemental Totem buff. Id rather not be forced into taking an uninspired, shitty talent because its numbers are there. I want to take it because its fun to use.
    Murder, I am curious why you feel this way. Do you find Liquid Magma to be fun? (I personally find... Well 99% of our talents to be lackluster). I definitely love how much AoE Magma does... But I think it would be a nice change of pace to have a single target talent (SET) and a cleave talent (Magma)...

Or they could just give us some real talents lol
    Roboctopus of STAY MAD - Sargeras
    http://staymad.enjin.com/

I am another believer that this Shaman pet menagerie is bad design for the spec. Elemental Shaman spending 40-60% of their DPS time with elemental pets? Sure. But Enhancement? We should be enhancing ourselves and our strikes.
    Author, Hekili, a priority helper addon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Point taken. I definitely can get on board with that. Overall I feel like they are a little confused on how to handle us.
    Roboctopus of STAY MAD - Sargeras
    http://staymad.enjin.com/

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post

That is directed at ele. Echo will not be horrible for enh, but I expect EM to still beat it out for single target (especially with the buffed SET). I do wonder if echo will move lava lash above SS in our rotation (the cooldown collision will be less likely, and you'll want to keep LL at 0 stacks for full improved flame shock procs).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeonde View Post
    Murder, I am curious why you feel this way. Do you find Liquid Magma to be fun? (I personally find... Well 99% of our talents to be lackluster). I definitely love how much AoE Magma does... But I think it would be a nice change of pace to have a single target talent (SET) and a cleave talent (Magma)...

Or they could just give us some real talents lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Hekili View Post
    I am another believer that this Shaman pet menagerie is bad design for the spec. Elemental Shaman spending 40-60% of their DPS time with elemental pets? Sure. But Enhancement? We should be enhancing ourselves and our strikes.
    To echo what Hekili said.

I find our entire row of final talents to be absolutly shithouse. Liquid Magma is just the least worst pick. Its not good by any stretch of the imagination. Its an AoE talent, its unpredictable, it pulls everything, breaks cc. However, its an active spell. I would sooner use that than a drop and forget 5 minute cooldown.

I really dislike SET for Enhance because not only does it make us totally front heavy in DPS (more than we already are great for 2 minute shit for 3) its also taking us back to the stoneage as far as mechanics go.

We have been wanting to move away from Totem Dependence. One of the major sticking points throughout the BETA and one of the major discussion points weve had with developers since then during the Reddit AMA where we got lots of answers, was that we as a class are getting really sick and tired of the totem system, how cumbersome it is and how much we get tied to it. 6.1 comes and we get a major damage buff to a Elemental Totem, essentially forcing us to use it. This will put SET far above LM in ST sitations (rightly so its a ST Talent, but its still shit). SET shares a cooldown with FET and EET. Earth has a defensive when talented and FET is flat out damage. So weve got a talent that is disguising itself as a healing and a DPS cooldown which shares a cooldown with a Defensive and a Offensive totem. Theres a problem with that.

Then we get to the situation of seeing majority of our damage done by a stick. Noone enjoyed that during ToT and SoO. This is a spit in the face of the changes they wanted to make, moving classes (ours was one of them) to more active damage. This talent is a boring drop and forget totem for 5 minutes. Elemental Fusion and Magma are atleast active abilities which make a minor change to the way the rotation works. SET is a drop, forget and hope its back up for cooldown before the end of the fight so you can look good.

I do not want another Elemental to drop.
    Last edited by Murderdoll; 2015-01-25 at 10:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Elemental Fusion though is stupid to have as a lvl 100 talent. It reminds me of the Improved Flame Shock effect. Wasn't it something that we had as a bonus from one of our sets back in MoP?

EF is that, something that should be baseline. Oh here, use LL two times to increase the dmg of your shocks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Elemental Fusion is another kettle of fish. I dont think that should be baseline at all and them not touching it at all is a telling sign that it has absolutely failed as a choice and they dont want to force bad design on us. It goes against the fundamentals of the class and how it has played for years. Its just not a good choice.

What the buff to SET says is that it SHOULD be a a ST talent and people arent taking it due to the damage not being up to standard, but I believe we dont take SET for the same reason we dont take EF - we hate using it. Its a shame that we will be using it if we like it or not next patch.