Poll: What would you tell Johnny if you were part of his guild?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

What would you tell this mount farmer if he was part of your guild?

So, for argument's sake let's name this mount farmer "Johnny" and let's suppose we were a few years ahead in time.

Johnny gave up on raids and PVP a long time ago, he is now a mount collector, basically he plays WOW just for the mounts. But there is one mount he loves above all others: Invincible. Johnny has been farming the Lich King for 6 years now, clearing ICC every single week with all his 5 max level toons but unfortunately for him he hasn't seen the mount drop yet. He sees guild members looting it every week after so few as 1-10 kills and he feels sad about it. One day when his guild members were talking about mounts one of them mentions how "Invincible has lost its charm, now everyone and their mother has this mount! It's completely vulgar now!". Johnny feels a bit hurt and decides to enter the conversation by telling them about his saga and how he feels terrible about not having received the mount yet.

You are one of the guild members. What would you tell Johnny?
    Last edited by mmoc9f0bced709; 2015-01-30 at 02:58 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    "RNG, bro. Keep trying."

10+ Year Old Account
    I would then tell Johnny of my near 10 year battle for Baron Rivendare's Charger, and tell him. "I know those feels"
    Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
    Signature by Me!

I wouldn't say anything. I don't involve myself with dumb conversations.

"Mate, it looks like the sparkle pony. Why did you even want it in the first place?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Distressed? I'd call him Nancy and put him on ignore. Thin-skin is hitting pandemic levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

If he was a mount collector, he'd more than likely have more than 5 alts able to clear LK 25HC. easily doable on alts 90+ (Doable even at 85, but by 90 it's pretty much doable by anyone, incredibly easily.) As mount collector, he should also realize that RNG is RNG, some people get lucky, some people get unlucky. Johnny is not a mount collector. He's just whinny because other people are getting a mount that he wants.

You seem to have some weird obsession with mounts when it comes into creating threads.

OT: Johnny should deal with it, Rng is a cruel mistress.

I'd say "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

But seriously, if they love the mount, they shouldn't care if someone else doesn't like them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhaev View Post
    I would then tell Johnny of my near 10 year battle for Baron Rivendare's Charger, and tell him. "I know those feels"
    iD FLASH him the 20 or so rare mounts I already have and laugh at him. then tell him invincible is the fugliest mount of them all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tell him to get over it? God I hope this doesn't turn into another "what if johnny needs therapy cause his favorite mount wont drop Blizzard should just give it to us!".

Johnny sounds like he could be a sad suicidal man and should try playing call of duty

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    The same thing I tell everyone who likes collecting vanity stuff that drops from raids/dungeons and RNG has been screwing them over for years: "Let's go do it right now. I'll be your lucky charm." And more times than not it actually works.

I'd say "better luck next time" and encourage him to keep trying. But RNG is RNG.

Deleted
    I would tell him this story.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's probably hiding somewhere with my Rivendare's Deathcharger

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    It's probably hiding somewhere with my Rivendare's Deathcharger
    Good news is, rivendare's charger is now easier than ever to obtain, now that the instance per hour limit was raised from 5 to 10.

I would say tough luck buddy I got it on my first solo kill =( same with ashes of alar!

10+ Year Old Account
    If he's not hurting anything I'd support him. I farmed for a particular BC robe that was a random drop for nearly three years before I finally got it two nights ago. I can relate.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Rip 6 years TLPD hunting fck you johnny

But the mount is Invincible... how would anyone even know if he had it as you can't see it.

Couldn't resist... sorry..