10+ Year Old Account

So why bother giving BrMs and WWs a stance?

If it's their only stance, so what's the point?

Why not just make the stance a passive buff in their spell book?

Think they're planning on adding another stance for BrM and WW?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

nah, its part of a outdated system with Monks, when they first were released you could actually switch between 3 different stances, each one having a difference in what it did.

Brewmasters used to be able to go into Stance of the White Tiger.

However currently the stances are used as tuning knobs. Blizzard will tinker with these to buff/nerf all the specs so that it won't interfere with abilities overall. (Ei: WW monks may be doing too little damage but BrM are just right, so instead of buffing Black out Kick, a spell both specs share, they just change the % of Stance of the White Tiger instead.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I know about the MoP Monk, the Monk was my main back then. I was wondering why they kept the stances if they removed the option to switch stances.

So it's that they're just too lazy to make them into a passive ability then?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    Yes, I know about the MoP Monk, the Monk was my main back then. I was wondering why they kept the stances if they removed the option to switch stances.

So it's that they're just too lazy to make them into a passive ability then?
    By making them passive Mistweavers would not get to stance dance between Crane and Serpent. For all intents and purposes it is passive for WW and BrM. MW still gets some extensive use however.

7+ Year Old Account
    Aside from stances still being a thing for MW and being a relic of the past for the other specs, I wish they gave Ox and Tiger stance to both BrM and WW even if it was just a "increased threat"-toggle. In 5.4 I occassionally ran 5-man dungeons on my Ret paladin as a tank. With SoO gear (and Righteous Fury) this worked extremely well. I'd love to be able to do something similar on my Monk near the end of the expansion.
    "We pave the sunlit path toward justice together, brick by brick. This is my brick." - Tim Cook, CEO of Apple

Armory: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman
    WoWProgress: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman

Fun fact, if you are doing C'thun when he sucks you in you'll be in no stance at all and your action bar will disappear. You have to shift back into Ox to use most of your abilities

So I gather the stance bar isn't something that can be removed if one spec utilizes it?

Quote Originally Posted by Xiaojin View Post
    In 5.4 I occassionally ran 5-man dungeons on my Ret paladin as a tank. With SoO gear (and Righteous Fury) this worked extremely well. I'd love to be able to do something similar on my Monk near the end of the expansion.
    Probably the removal was done under the guise of button bloat but stances were nice favor and have their niche.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Royalite View Post
    So I gather the stance bar isn't something that can be removed if one spec utilizes it?

Probably the removal was done under the guise of button bloat but stances were nice favor and have their niche.
    There wasn't much niche for a brewmaster in tiger stance, or WW in ox stance. Possibly fun to do and may have a small sliver of a use on some encounter somewhere for someone, but not enough to call it a niche

Currently cant' get rid of the bar for MW, not sure if its a coding thing that means if one spec needs it they have to have it for all.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post
    Fun fact, if you are doing C'thun when he sucks you in you'll be in no stance at all and your action bar will disappear. You have to shift back into Ox to use most of your abilities
    i was getting a bug where id "unstance" when i was on a taxi and it crossed into a new zone. (WW) As BrM it would switch me to white tiger
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.