Quote Originally Posted by Gilgard View Post
    I just don't like the "new" GoServ+DS rotation... that's why i'm trying to stay with demonbolt, even if it's no longer dominant
    One reason I started to play demo was this. I should have stuck with it, and it seems regardless what the sims/theorycrafting was saying you were still doing the 4x DB rotation?

15+ Year Old Account
    I've compared my logs with my other warlock guildmates and i saw that the difference between using MC procs in meta or using them to build up fury and than spam ToC in Meta is not that big (Gruul fights). Am i missing something?

Deleted
    Oh, and i was of the impression that i absolutely had to bank fury unless i had MC procs. That's why i often stood around like a headless chicken, almost capping fury but not having a single stack of MC - i was just too reluctant to spend my fury on ToC.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorthan View Post
    I've compared my logs with my other warlock guildmates and i saw that the difference between using MC procs in meta or using them to build up fury and than spam ToC in Meta is not that big (Gruul fights). Am i missing something?
    Do you have the logs for us to look at?

I have a big problem with opening as Service/Servitude.
    I do the opener suggested in the first post, though I then remain in caster form for the last ~8 seconds of DS, which is bad, since you want to spend all the 20 seconds of DS in Meta.. so how do I open in a way that I don't waste Demon Soul duration?

Deleted
    Seeing alot of people going with the 2db rotation, some people dserv, what is actually best?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fewer View Post
    Seeing alot of people going with the 2db rotation, some people dserv, what is actually best?
    It's pretty confusing really, point is everything is so close to each other that it's hard to say what's best, especially with Demonbolt being so RNG dependent like having more crits than usual or good aligned procs making it seem to be a better choice, which in fact might be luck.

That said I'm thinking of giving Demonbolt another spin, maybe instead of dumping DB as soon as you hit 800 Fury we could try to use 800-1000 fury gap to fish for procs and then dump it.

Didn't touch my lock at all until today and wasn't really sure what I should be doing, hand't looked into it so I was just doing 2x Demonbolt (and fucking it up royally). I did 30k. I felt really bad about myself lol
    Went to Hanz and Franz and did 43k and redeemed myself, kinda....a little.

Wishing I didn't have to tank at the moment so I could explore this a little further.
    Last edited by Octa; 2015-02-26 at 12:22 PM.

Deleted
    I don't know folks, i really don't like the goserv rotation and honestly the demonbolt doesn't seem that bad. I think i'm gonna stay with it and see what happens

Agreed, Goserv just feels like a completely nothingness. I switched back to 4xDB last night and stuck with it and I to think it is not to bad. Yes its lower, but not as much as I had feared.

For ST with ServServ on say... Butcher. When do you guys use your extra Dark Soul? You get DS + Serv at the start... and then you want DS + Serv for execute phase or lust. Would you just bank a bunch of MC charges and then hit DS and dump? Would you fish for procs? I've noticed with RPPM I can get some REALLY bad pulls because of things proccing consecutively after not proccing forever.

Has anyone messed around with IS glyph to generate MC charges on demand? DUT seems to be up often enough it may be worth using.

I don't know folks, i really don't like the goserv rotation and honestly the demonbolt doesn't seem that bad. I think i'm gonna stay with it and see what happens
    I found DB to be better overall dps than service even after the nerf. Now i could have fucked over the service rotation but eh ds wasnt there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghiroza View Post
    Agreed, Goserv just feels like a completely nothingness. I switched back to 4xDB last night and stuck with it and I to think it is not to bad. Yes its lower, but not as much as I had feared.
    I'm not sure if this makes me happy or worried.

After playing with Serv, I think I'd rather play with DB or Cata even if it's technically a loss (as long as the margin isn't huge). I worry that Blizzard will take that as confirmation that a 25% nerf was justified, and I really don't think that's the case - but if it puts the talents close enough that I'm in a position to make that choice, is it me that's wrong and Blizzard ARE justified in hacking at DB? It didn't seem that out of hand, maybe a tad high - but no higher than arcane mages seem to float.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post

After playing with Serv, I think I'd rather play with DB or Cata even if it's technically a loss (as long as the margin isn't huge). I worry that Blizzard will take that as confirmation that a 25% nerf was justified, and I really don't think that's the case - but if it puts the talents close enough that I'm in a position to make that choice, is it me that's wrong and Blizzard ARE justified in hacking at DB? It didn't seem that out of hand, maybe a tad high - but no higher than arcane mages seem to float.
    Well how would you feel if it was Servitude that was keeping pace with Arcane, while the others were just as they are now?

Deleted
    I feel the same.

However, while the three talents are very close together and I have the choice to gimp my DPS for a more pleasurable experience, we have to keep in mind that our best choice is still leagues below some other classes' best choice (in single-target). That I do not agree with.

We were very competitive, borderline OP, with DB pre-nerf. Now we are not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Well how would you feel if it was Servitude that was keeping pace with Arcane, while the others were just as they are now?
    I'd play the spec i can pull the best numbers with. But only if the difference is worth it for me getting used to a new playstyle, and right now i hope it isn't. I know that there's enough people who like the non-DB playstyle and who want to be able to pull the same numbers with it, but every warlock should be concerned when choosing passive damage over active damage is netting better results. I absolutely hated that DS was preferred throughout most of Highmaul. I think that ST=DB and multitarget or cleave fights=Cata would've been the best solution, cause lovers of both playstyle's would've gotten their money's worth.

I know Blizzard do crazy things, but I would be amazed if they left Demo in a state where the spec specific pet was not used as default. I think it is the one saving factor that will result in a hot fix coming soon Tm.

Honestly, disregarding the numbers, i feel that Serv-Serv plays pretty nice, u got a nice 2min burst with an extra DS on the side thanks to AD which you can pop whenever (eg. sub 25% phase!), it plays exactly like demo played before only with a different pet, which grants you oppurtunity to burn during trinkets & procs since ToC & SF are relatively close to each other. On top of that it grants way more movement than Demonbolt ever supplied especially on pure single target bosses (read: gruul & Blackhand, oregorger too).

I always liked how demo played before demonbolt entered the arena, so for me the only bad thing about this patch was that our ST dmg plumited in comparison to 6.0 Demonbolt.

Cata is a nice spell, don't get me wrong, it fits really nice into ST demo as well since it doesn't cost anything. If you ask me this spell would be great if they added some kind of mechanic that would make it more worthwile for single target:

Eg. out of the top of my head:
    - "If cata hits only 1 target a dot is applied that does XX% of cataclysm's initial dmg over XX seconds" fill in the X's for balance numbers.
    - same thing as above but just a big fury generator and no dmg so once you can cata on ST you can enter some kind of semi burst phase of ToC/SF
    made by Shyama

While DB isnt as potent as it was (IKR?), I think they nerfed it just to force us to consider other talents. Now you have Demo locks going DB, Cata, and Service/serv. Not all flocking to only one of the lvl100 talents. A not so "gentle" prod.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Try to stack up 7-8, but if you can't don't worry about it, if the cooldowns are ready, you have the Fury, and it's appropriate to the fight - use what you have and dump Fury on ToC instead until the Fury fades. Don't wait on them.

Not really. It's not a huge loss if you prefer it that way.

Don't cap Fury, don't cap MC procs, don't sit on cooldowns overly long, don't waste Fury before CDs are up; rule of thumb would be to sit around 750-800.

Having just come back to Warlocking in WoD and never really played Demo without DB, this was a big help thanks. I was totally at loss with what to do last night.