Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Explain LFR Blackhand to a tank in 3 lines or less

I've seen a couple of threads complaining about LFR Blackhand, and a number of people say that if the tanks know what to do then it's a cakewalk. So, let's do something constructive instead of just complain about it.

How would you explain LFR Blackhand to a newbie tank in 3 lines or less, without being mean?

Kite the boss around the edge of the room in a circle in all phases. In P1 and P2, move the boss whenever he throws mines. In P3 move him whenever he does a smash.

Deleted
    taunt when you're supposed to and the boss will die guarantee

Quote Originally Posted by Stay Safe View Post
    taunt when you're supposed to and the boss will die guarantee
    Great advice. Explain "when you're supposed to" now

When the boss goes "SMASH" you go "TAUNT", run around a bit, i don't care.
    I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Great advice. Explain "when you're supposed to" now
    Answer is very obvious.

Shattering Smash
    Unlimited range
    2 sec cast
    The Shattering Smash inflicts 243750 to 256250 Physical damage split among all enemies within 5 yards, knocking the targets back clearing all threat and stunning them for 3 sec.

If you can't be bothered to spend 5 minutes to read the dungeon journal you shouldn't be playing this game.

Fyi, I'm 99% sure that the smash doesn't wipe threat on LFR. Pretty sure it's easy to one tank actually if you save your defensives for getting slagged in P3. And really, even when slagged he does less melee damage than normal Blackhand.

Killing LFR Blackhand has very little to do with taunting, and a lot to do with the placement of the smashes and where the tanks move the boss to. If you get a smash in the middle of the ranged, it's probably a wipe. If the tank tanks Blackhand inside the slag eruptions, it's probably a wipe. Every time that hasn't happened it's been an easy one shot.

Imperator is much harder in LFR, as they didn't gut his mechanics. The smash moves you like 2 feet in LFR.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2015-03-27 at 02:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think what Deja Thoris was getting at (and what the OP was too) is that having a quick, 3 sentence explanation that you can paste into raid chat avoids some grief and while it might pump certain egos to act all superior, why not do that and make the run go smoother vs berating people?

Instead of mongoloiding through LFR, take sometime to read the journal, watch a video, and when that fails spend 1 hour+ and get determination stacks and the boss will kill itself

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    I think what Deja Thoris was getting at (and what the OP was too) is that having a quick, 3 sentence explanation that you can paste into raid chat avoids some grief and while it might pump certain egos to act all superior, why not do that and make the run go smoother vs berating people?
    DINGDINGDING!! we have a winner.

Answer is very obvious.

Shattering Smash
    Unlimited range
    2 sec cast
    The Shattering Smash inflicts 243750 to 256250 Physical damage split among all enemies within 5 yards, knocking the targets back clearing all threat and stunning them for 3 sec.

If you can't be bothered to spend 5 minutes to read the dungeon journal you shouldn't be playing this game.
    To you specifically and all of your kind:

Recently with the booming of internet we are being bombed with information. That information can be:

-very generic
    -not solving your problem
    -bad written
    -confusing
    -misleading
    -too technical
    -too vague
    -too novice
    etc

There is absolutely nothing wrong with asking a honest question in a forum. Forums are designed for that particular reason.
    The same applies to tactics in wow. Why read a wall of useless text, or why watch a bad 15 minute video when somebody that endured the pain of useless text or boring video can be helpful and answer your simple problem in a couple of sentences.

Just because YOU suffered reading or watching useless and boring stuff, you should be helpful and help other people not endure the pain.

Deleted
    Anything over 1 sentence in over complicating this lfr boss.

Phase 1: Kite out of mines and around "middle 3rd" of the room. Taunt after Smashes.

Phase 2: Same as P1, except try to stack the boss on top of the Siegemaker. Taunt after Smashes.

Phase 3: Taunt when boss tank gets a bomb. Aim boss toward middle of the room. Kite back to edge after Smash.
    Last edited by Threetrees; 2015-03-27 at 05:27 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    To you specifically and all of your kind:

Recently with the booming of internet we are being bombed with information. That information can be:

-very generic
    -not solving your problem
    -bad written
    -confusing
    -misleading
    -too technical
    -too vague
    -too novice
    etc

There is absolutely nothing wrong with asking a honest question in a forum. Forums are designed for that particular reason.
    The same applies to tactics in wow. Why read a wall of useless text, or why watch a bad 15 minute video when somebody that endured the pain of useless text or boring video can be helpful and answer your simple problem in a couple of sentences.

Just because YOU suffered reading or watching useless and boring stuff, you should be helpful and help other people not endure the pain.
    except you don't even need a 15 minute explanation. You don't even need an explanation. The fight on lfr has pretty basic stuff. - dont stand in bad looking stuff, dps boss, tank swap. stuff every player should already know how to do.

Answer is very obvious.

Shattering Smash
    Unlimited range
    2 sec cast

I know how it works but if you're gonna write shitty generic one liners with the help value of "herp blurp derp" then you may as well not post at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    I know how it works but if you're gonna write shitty generic one liners with the help value of "herp blurp derp" then you may as well not post at all.
    in your opinion

The boss doesnt take explanation, your opinion doesn't mean my explanation isn't sophisticaly complexly explained for your liking when the boss doesn't take as much in-depth explanation as you might hope for.

except you don't even need a 15 minute explanation. You don't even need an explanation. The fight on lfr has pretty basic stuff. - dont stand in bad looking stuff, dps boss, tank swap. stuff every player should already know how to do.
    I overextended and generalized. Point is there is nothing wrong with asking questions. This was what had driven me to write that.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Move him out of mines and aoes. Move him out of smashes in the last phase.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Deleted
    P1 Taunt the boss when the other tank gets knocked back, kite around the outside of the room and move from the bombs that spawn in melee

P2 Kite away from the bombs and Siegemaker and aim the boss towards one of the 2 ledges in the room depending on which one has more adds.

P3 Face the boss to the inside of the room, not the edges. Move from the bombs and the smash and kite in the same way as P1 and P2.

It kinda goes without saying you should "use CDs" but it's LFR so I could probably tank it as Enhancement (I tanked Brakenspore from 75% as Enhance...)

Phase 1: Kite him in a circle, move out of bombs, switch on smash.
    Phase 2: Kite him in a circle. Position him for smash to preferred balcony (Tank switching on Smash). Soak Mark (if you're doing this strat).
    Phase 3: Kite to edge. Run Bomb to left side. Off tank taunts and faces the boss into circle for smash. Rinse and Repeat until dead.