Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Magni Muradin transforms into diamond form with Avatar.
    I know and it's fucking amazing =D
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Magni Muradin transforms into diamond form with Avatar.
    God I need that skin... come on half price week...

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    newb question: will gold prices go down?
    because anub'arak is now 4k or 7k down from 10k, and I know thrall was 15k at first (I can imagine the 15k to 10k for new heroes, but what about the others)
    was it mentioned somewhere? or is it just an adjustment (in anub's case)
    AFAIK, Anub is the only one to get a reduction (maybe due to lack of play?), apart from new heroes that debut at 15k and slip to 10k after a few weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    God I need that skin... come on half price week...

AFAIK, Anub is the only one to get a reduction (maybe due to lack of play?), apart from new heroes that debut at 15k and slip to 10k after a few weeks.
    I think that was brilliant. Just as Cyb'Arak skin went on sale, they dropped the gold price on the actual hero, AND he became free for the week. I don't know about others, but that certainly pushed me to buy the hero for gold and skin for real money, all the more so that I loved that skin from the beginning, but just didn't want to spend so much on a hero that I don't know how will fare in actual games.

I just don't understand why skins cost as much as the hero itself. Maybe half price for a skin or something.

Deleted
    Some time ago Stitches went from 10k to 7k.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Those adjustments are rare though, nothing to count on if you plan to buy a hero you like.
    thx, that more or less the question,
    too bad they won't decrease the gold price(s)

10+ Year Old Account
    You can argue about skins all you want, but the truth is that DotA gives you all champions for free, and HotS (and LoL) do not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hraklea View Post
    You can argue about skins all you want, but the truth is that DotA gives you all champions for free, and HotS (and LoL) do not.
    And, based on the popularity difference from lol, you can see how much people care for having access to all heroes for free when the game itself is a pretty much 1:1 copypasta of a more than a decade old W3 map, with the all the innovation invested into graphics and visuals-based monetization.

Mobas are cash cows, as long as they make the free stuff enjoyable they can pretty much put whatever price they want on skins and people will buy them and then use sales to get the cheap skates to buy them.

Yeah the pricing for skins/heroes is just dumb imo. Having played league and smite for years with relatively reasonable prices, i'm not going to spend 10 euros per (new) hero, and 10+ euros on skins. In league i can get the newest champion for like 5 euros, same with skins depending on the price (with the expensive ones costing between 10-20). Compared to Smite HotS is even worse. In smite i can get every god that has, and will be released ever for like 25 euros (on sale for 20euros atm), and skins for about 5+ euros.

The only thing i have bought with real money in HotS so far is the nexus pack, and even that was because i was drunk and REALLY wanted to play Zagara right then and there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    It's Blizzard, they could price skins at $30 dollars and people would still buy them...
    It's blizzard they could sell them for $1.00 and people would still complain.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    I hate America
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    It's blizzard they could sell them for $1.00 and people would still complain.
    This is so true. So far almost every single post complaining about HotS prices was full of outright lies. Oo
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    Yeah the pricing for skins/heroes is just dumb imo. Having played league and smite for years with relatively reasonable prices, i'm not going to spend 10 euros per (new) hero, and 10+ euros on skins. In league i can get the newest champion for like 5 euros, same with skins depending on the price (with the expensive ones costing between 10-20). Compared to Smite HotS is even worse. In smite i can get every god that has, and will be released ever for like 25 euros (on sale for 20euros atm), and skins for about 5+ euros.

The only thing i have bought with real money in HotS so far is the nexus pack, and even that was because i was drunk and REALLY wanted to play Zagara right then and there.
    Oh, another one. While I can not speak for Smite prices(I guess they try to increase popularity by decreasing prices?), LoL skins are more expensive than HotS.

The cheap skins in lol, below 975RP, are simple recolours - you get those for free in HotS.

975 skins can be considered "real" - ability visuals and models are modified to a varying extent. While those skins theoretically cost ~€6.20, you can not pay that much for them. You HAVE TO buy a €10 RP pack - in other words, you pay €10 for the skin and are left with 600 RP you have no use for (unless you want a recolour of some sort, or perhaps one of the oldest and cheapest champions). There are also 1350 skins, a tier above - I consider them to be the same price since you have to buy the same RP bundle for them. You are just left with less RP afterwards.

Then there are "legendary" skins for 1820, more significant visual/audio changes. They cost you €20 a pop - HAVE TO buy a 3250 bundle to get one. It does leave you with enough RP to get a 975/1350 skin alongside it, so there's that: if you coincidentally wanted to spend money on an additional skin, jackpot. Otherwise you are allowed to buy something you never wanted to get anyway as a consolation prize for spending €20 on a skin. Ultimate skins fall in the same category - but do not leave you anything after you get one.

Of course that's € prices - in $ it's different. $10 for a 975/1350 skin, $20 for 1820 one, $35 for 3250 one.

Then there is HotS - free recolours, the cheapest skins for €5, next tier for €7.50, €10 and €15 for the equivalent of "ultimates". Even the cheapest skins change the model - the more expensive ones bring more extensive animation, model, ability and audio changes.

Funny how you complain about hero prices, too - new champions are 975 RP, in other words €10/$10 - just like in HotS. The same principle as with skins applies: you can not buy JUST 975 RP. You have to buy a more expensive RP pack and be left with some useless RP after you make the purchase, to bait you into spending additional money soon afterwards and make use of the leftovers.
    Last edited by mmocab3a46fee3; 2015-03-28 at 12:17 PM.

Personally I find "buy X awkward quantity of shop currency in order to buy things" infuriating. I don't even care about the few dollars that are wasted in the process, it's just aggravating and feels like a shaft. So glad you buy things for straight cash in HoTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Hraklea View Post
    But you can obtain every hero in HoTS without paying a cent.

I've already unlocked about 6 or so with gold.

I actually wouldn't like it if every hero was unlocked. Gives me something to play for. FTP roster means I never run out of things to play in the meantime anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    After last patch, I really need to admit they've improved the "new user" experience in terms of gold gain. Thanks to additional gold bonuses while leveling, new players can get few first heroes much, much faster - my friends are loving it. They've quit before because seeing that you get 30g per match (IF won) while hero you want to buy costs 7-10k was bit.. discouraging to say the least.

Still, I don't think any moba can beat Smite when it comes to fair prices.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Creepjack View Post
    After last patch, I really need to admit they've improved the "new user" experience in terms of gold gain. Thanks to additional gold bonuses while leveling, new players can get few first heroes much, much faster - my friends are loving it. They've quit before because seeing that you get 30g per match (IF won) while hero you want to buy costs 7-10k was bit.. discouraging to say the least.

Still, I don't think any moba can beat Smite when it comes to fair prices.
    They did not notice the dailies? Unless you want every single hero asap, dailies easily found a big roster as you play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's not forget that if you want to buy an IP boost in LoL you WILL be paying $30 for a 30 day boost when the same costs you $10 in HotS.

This is so true. So far almost every single post complaining about HotS prices was full of outright lies. OoOh, another one. While I can not speak for Smite prices(I guess they try to increase popularity by decreasing prices?), LoL skins are more expensive than HotS.
    Smite has free gem promotions sometimes though (http://www.hirezstudios.com/smite/la...-all-gods-free)

Gems are what you buy with cash.

That being said, I believe the price for 400 gems is like, $8, and skins range from either 200 gems to 400 gems from what I've seen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Smite has free gem promotions sometimes though (http://www.hirezstudios.com/smite/la...-all-gods-free)

Gems are what you buy with cash.

That being said, I believe the price for 400 gems is like, $8, and skins range from either 200 gems to 400 gems from what I've seen.
    Yeah, as I said - I can't speak about Smite monetization since I do not play it. It does seems logical that Smite is both cheaper and uses promotions like what you linked, though - it's less popular than the giants so it tries to appeal via low prices.

Yeah, as I said - I can't speak about Smite monetization since I do not play it. It does seems logical that Smite is both cheaper and uses promotions like what you linked, though - it's less popular than the giants so it tries to appeal via low prices.
    Yeah, I know, I just wanted to add in that just for future reference if it's ever useful. Granted, I haven't checked the price of all skins (Their store design is like, you go to the god and then view the skins for them instead...but that's not under the store tab, you have to go to your own collection of gods).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    HotS should have free heroes, then they can do literally anything they want, so long as its cosmetic. I mean look at Valve with Dota, some of the stuff up there is stupidly priced but its fine because the game is actually fair. You have all your heroes, theres no stupid rune pages to force you to play more. Its just a straight up game, not a grind.

I think Blizzard can do better, it would be amazing if they did. But they wont, so grind as much as you can now, while the pool is low.
    There's really nothing unfair about the current system. You have your free Hero rotations and you have easy ways to make gold by levelling up your account and Heroes. There are some Heroes that are a bit weak in the competitive aspects of the game while being expensive and some of the ones who are competitive are actually quite cheap. Plus, you don't have to play every single Hero in a MOBA to be competitive. Heck, I think I have touched less than 10% of the Heroes in DOTA 2 and LoL when I still played them. The same is happening in HotS as well with only playing only a few extensively at most.