Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

The saddest screenshot ever.

I was levelling an alt in Darkshore and one quest required me to collect bear guts or something.
    I was going around killing them then noticed something out of the corner of my eye near a corpse...

And my poor little heart broke into pieces.
    It's like something out of the Lion King ;______;

Which got me thinking, has anyone seen or heard something in WoW that made them emotional distressed and heartbroken?
    If you have screenshots feel free to include them!

And no, I am not attacking anyone. I am not complaining about animal cruelty nor am I vegan or a member of PETA or anything like that. I am not seriously upset and tearing my hair out about it. I thought it was sad and it got me thinking about the other things that Blizzard have put in WoW to tug at our heartstrings and how other things have affected people while they've been playing.

And yes I am aware the bear is 'corrupted'. The Night Elves needed their magical guts for some hoodoo voodoo magic.
    Last edited by TacoCatt; 2015-05-08 at 07:09 AM.
    Mount Count: 378. Newest addition: Arcadian War Derple
    Pet Count: 859 (678 at Max Level)
    (Last updated 21st July 2017)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iniegun/simple

it happens some pixel bears died and or/ got corrupted with the cubs or w/e, you shouldn't get heartbroken and emotionally distressed over them

do you go into hysterias when humanoids/humanoid characters or their mother or something dies then? Wat happens when u do the culling of stratholme dungeon.

What about that one NPC in hillsbard foothills, araga or something like that..i always kill it for items..and guess what it spawns a few hours later!

I think you would get a better response from the WoW general forums they LOVE this kind of drama threads
    Last edited by xXzCoDProxXz; 2015-05-08 at 06:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    What nobody killed the cub yet? I always aim for the cub, I freaking hate bears.

Hey man I didn't go into hysterics and cry and babble about it, it was just something sad that made me stop and think for a second and reminded me of one of the saddest moments in a Disney movie ever. It also made me think why Blizzard decided to put a little bear cub here and make it sad.
    No need to be a jerk about it. Just a bit of fun in the forums and something different from the consistent whinging about how shitty WoW is.

And yeah the Culling of Stratholme is actually pretty sad and emotional. Good event to bring up.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    What nobody killed the cub yet? I always aim for the cub, I freaking hate bears.
    I use the cub to beat the mother to death.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    I use the cub to beat the mother to death.
    With that profile picture I wouldn't be surprised!

The edge in here is so sharp my wrists are slit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen sadder.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    The edge in here is so sharp my wrists are slit.
    Wouldn't really call it edgy to not care about animals in a video game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sheesh, it's just a discussion about sad things seen in-game. People take things too literal.

Anyway, the sad one I saw recently was a cave in Frostfire where a Frost wolf cub is standing at the entrance with the corpse of the father while the mother is deep in the cave fighting off Pale.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xXzCoDProxXz View Post
    it happens some pixel bears died and or/ got corrupted with the cubs or w/e, you shouldn't get heartbroken and emotionally distressed over them

do you go into hysterias when humanoids/humanoid characters or their mother or something dies then? Wat happens when u do the culling of stratholme dungeon.

What about that one NPC in hillsbard foothills, araga or something like that..i always kill it for items..and guess what it spawns a few hours later!

I think you would get a better response from the WoW general forums they LOVE this kind of drama threads
    Wow, you could cut diamonds with this edge.

It also made me think why Blizzard decided to put a little bear cub here and make it sad.
    Last edited by schhiqiul; 2015-05-08 at 08:33 AM.

Deleted
    Find a bear with a cub. Play hunter. Tame the bear. Make it kill its cub.

Sick? Wait, I got more. Mortal Kombat X just came out. Play Johnny Cage vs. Cassie Cage (his daughter). Win and perform fatality on her.

Video games, bro, for kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ever present View Post
    Find a bear with a cub. Play hunter. Tame the bear. Make it kill its cub.

Sick? Wait, I got more. Mortal Kombat X just came out. Play Johnny Cage vs. Cassie Cage (his daughter). Win and perform fatality on her.

Video games, bro, for kids.
    Actually, "For kids" is kind of not true in the second case. Its an M rated game.
    You're a towel.

There's a rare pet in silverpine forest - a dog - running around hopelessly because, iirc, its camp had been killed or some other such sadness. The second I read about it, I had to fly out there with my hunter and tame the little guy. Just a symbolic thing, of course, but it made me feel better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Wouldn't really call it edgy to not care about animals in a video game.

The edginess is posting your defiant indifference like anyone gives a shit.

Killing THOUSANDS of the Tol Barad Foxes for the pet. After about 100 I began to worry about the ramifications on the wildlife population I was having, after 500 I felt sick killing them, after the first thousand I began to worry about my soul.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not necessarily a screen shot but the saddest thing in wow was the quest called Life
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

In Pandaria, where the shrines are, if you fly towards townlong, you might notice a couple dino skeletons. If you get a closer look, they are in an embrace and there is a rose growing between them.

Quote Originally Posted by xXzCoDProxXz View Post

who hurt you

10+ Year Old Account
    Oracles questline in Sholozar.

The letter from the kidnapped Mage's father, who's daughter you killed in Dragonblight.

Wrath was a pretty grim expansion tbh.