Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The show lost its way when Phil Hartman died, and never found its way back. Losing a voice actor isnt a big deal when they gave up on the writing over a decade ago.

I'll be interested again when they fire the PC SJW writers they have now, and let BARNEY DRINK AGAIN!
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

This just reminded me of a scene where Flanders talks about how actors are replaceable in animated shows, and he's not even saying it in his own voice.

But yeah, maybe they'll finally take this is a sign that it's time they end the show already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Different culture.
    Your argument is compelling beyond words. Truly. I mean, if we kept the beyond words part and took out compelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Your argument is compelling beyond words. Truly. I mean, if we kept the beyond words part and took out compelling.
    I don't understand the sarcasm. If any one just thinks for a short time they shouldn't have to ask why.

The way the simpsons is set up makes it a more family oriented show, that is pretty normal and not overly out of this world in the majority of the episodes. It's a much more realistic show and the way it conveys it's message usually is quite innocent when compared to south park.

It's like comparing family guy and bob's burgers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand the sarcasm. If any one just thinks for a short time they shouldn't have to ask why.

The way the simpsons is set up makes it a more family oriented show, that is pretty normal and not overly out of this world in the majority of the episodes. It's a much more realistic show and the way it conveys it's message usually is quite innocent when compared to south park.

It's like comparing family guy and bob's burgers.
    The difference between them is the scope of the hyperbole. Saying they're completely different shows does not follow.

Also, in a bizarre way Simpsons is actually less realistic. South Park hits closer in their commentary, but the hyperbole used to implement it is so much higher that it doesn't appear that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    its been in hell

it has not been good in decades.

Not watched the show in years, since I was a kid even. It got boring ...

Just think about Married With Children for a moment.

That show was raunch incarnate at the time. Compared to now, not so much.

I feel the same about this Simpsons vs Family Guy content argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    The difference between them is the scope of the hyperbole. Saying they're completely different shows does not follow.

Also, in a bizarre way Simpsons is actually less realistic. South Park hits closer in their commentary, but the hyperbole used to implement it is so much higher that it doesn't appear that way.
    Saying they're different shows doesn't follow? They are different shows, they get their message across differently. If you used your way to broad scope we'd be saying all shows are the same shows.

10+ Year Old Account
    lovejoy, burns, flanders, skinner, kent, hibbert, smithers, lenny, scartchy, kang. So many voices.

who does the voice for nick riveria? NO NOT PRINCIPAL SKINNER TOO!
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saying they're different shows doesn't follow? They are different shows, they get their message across differently. If you used your way to broad scope we'd be saying all shows are the same shows.
    They're different. Not completely different.

I spoke with a friend out in California who's worked on the Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill, etc. She said this particular fellow is something of a diva, and this is just the first time his antics backfired and he had to follow through with his threat, and most of his side (that he wasn't allowed to find other work at the same time, etc) doesn't show up anywhere in Simpsons cast member contracts.

She said they'll be able to easily find actors that can do the same exact voices in short order and no one will ever notice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Just think about Married With Children for a moment.

That show was raunch incarnate at the time. Compared to now, not so much.

I feel the same about this Simpsons vs Family Guy content argument.
    Married with Children is the only show I know off that I regularly laugh at throughout all seasons. The acting is brilliant, especially Al and Bud Bundy are great. And yes, the writing is raunchy.. but why does everything have to have a shock value? As if shock value is the only thing that makes comedy shows funny..

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm impressed it hasn't happened sooner. Assuming he has been the only voice actor for those the entire time.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    In completely other news several ppl were found dead in a ditch outside Springfield, Whachistan, the bodies are unidentified but are believed to be vicitims of gang violence.
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    — Winston Churchill

Season 4 or 5 is when it dropped hardcore for me. Doesn't mean a few good episodes didn't appear from time to time.. but.. over all meh. But considering the guy is 71 and the show is like 26+ years old I think it might be time to just let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by Khuzog View Post
    I spoke with a friend out in California who's worked on the Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill, etc. She said this particular fellow is something of a diva, and this is just the first time his antics backfired and he had to follow through with his threat, and most of his side (that he wasn't allowed to find other work at the same time, etc) doesn't show up anywhere in Simpsons cast member contracts.

She said they'll be able to easily find actors that can do the same exact voices in short order and no one will ever notice.
    What a relief.

She should tell the media.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khuzog View Post

Won't be the same, people are gonna notice. The show is way past it's prime. I can't see it going past season 30. There's just no way. Then again I could probably go back 5 years on this same forum and see that being said about season 25 or whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    Won't be the same, people are gonna notice. The show is way past it's prime. I can't see it going past season 30. There's just no way. Then again I could probably go back 5 years on this same forum and see that being said about season 25 or whatever.
    it won't even make it to season 28.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Season 4 or 5 is when it dropped hardcore for me. Doesn't mean a few good episodes didn't appear from time to time.. but.. over all meh. But considering the guy is 71 and the show is like 26+ years old I think it might be time to just let it go.
    Didn't you like season 6-8 at all? I think those are some of the best seasons, I don't see how it could have declined that hard in this period.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    it won't even make it to season 28.
    It actually already got renewed for 2 more seasons, reaching season 28.