Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think Supergirl is going to fail hard. I hope CBS didn't order more than 13 episodes. DC/WBtv probably should had focus on Legends of Tomorrow and not 2 new shows this coming season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by americandavey View Post
    I hope CBS didn't order more than 13 episodes.
    the standard order for a pilot is 13. the question will be if it gets its back 9. that will depend on the ratings.
    Hi

It was better than I expected it would be. If anything Flash taught me, it's to trust Greg Berlanti. It's gonna be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravingmad View Post
    2) A black Jimmy Olsen, I just dont get it. I guess its the normal added "racial" actor in any series now, but it just doesnt fit the story. Hes too mature, too grounded from the character I used to know.
    They didn't really make a point of it, but maybe they should have, that this isn't Jimmy Olsen fresh faced photographer for the Daily Planet. He's been around for a while, he's won awards for stuff and has been hanging out with Superman for ten years. So maybe he looked like Urkel 10 years ago, before all the shit went down and he got saved for the 1000th time.

Of course, I could just be justifying it myself, and they didn't even figure this out to justify adding beefcake.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Of course, I could just be justifying it myself, and they didn't even figure this out to justify adding beefcake.
    Ah okay, that makes a bit more sense... I didn't realise in 10 years you could go from small weedy ginger to ripped black guy .
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Ah okay, that makes a bit more sense... I didn't realise in 10 years you could go from small weedy ginger to ripped black guy .
    well, obviously race/sex are decided by dice, as I previously said. Is James Olsen better than Jenny Olsen? :-p

10+ Year Old Account
    well, obviously race/sex are decided by dice, as I previously said. Is James Olsen better than Jenny Olsen? :-p
    That would depend on how geeky Jenny was . Nerdy Jenny >> Cool Jimmy.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

That would depend on how geeky Jenny was . Nerdy Jenny >> Cool Jimmy.
    She didn't look nerdy, but had very few lines. Jenny Olsen is Man of Steel.

10+ Year Old Account
    She didn't look nerdy, but had very few lines. Jenny Olsen is Man of Steel.
    I don't remember her... Tbh I don't remember much about that film. Got bored and came on here about 1/2 way through.

Also, she's called Jenny Jurwich, not Olsen so... Yeah.

I don't remember her... Tbh I don't remember much about that film. Got bored and came on here about 1/2 way through.

Also, she's called Jenny Jurwich, not Olsen so... Yeah.
    Yeah, I guess there was some early stuff as Olsen, but the movie has Jurwich in the one shot. Mostly she's just "Jenny" IIRC. I don't think they ever really commented on it, since fans were complaining about all sorts of other things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I guess there was some early stuff as Olsen, but the movie has Jurwich in the one shot. Mostly she's just "Jenny" IIRC. I don't think they ever really commented on it, since fans were complaining about all sorts of other things.
    They were mostly complaining that the movies sucked nuts.

I believe the whole "Jenny Olsen" thing started because she was just cast as "Jenny" and she was Perry White's assistant, so everyone made a big old assumption that she was a female Jimmy Olsen, because Jenny kinda sounds like Jimmy.

Deleted
    Any oslen has to be avege or nerdy in my book, And did anyone catch if the void zone was a black hole or an other diminsion? because i'm more for the dimision idea and that'll mean that an exploding plant can tear thou diminsions.

And lastly again fairly sure a kryptonian's stregth is based on how much yellow sun they've been exsposed too. And they gain it at the same rate so how can she become stonger then him, if he's like 20+ years ahead in the charge fase?

And defenly not liking the Winslow Schott idea too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zdarr View Post
    And lastly again fairly sure a kryptonian's stregth is based on how much yellow sun they've been exsposed too. And they gain it at the same rate so how can she become stonger then him, if he's like 20+ years ahead in the charge fase?
    More exposed to the sun, then you have a reason for the miniskirt....

10+ Year Old Account
    Trailer seemed a bit outdated, a bit like Lego making legos for girls with pink stuff in them. We'll see what the actual episodes are like...

Dunno, maybe they should try both. Start off as Jimmy Olsen, and then transgender and become Jenny Olsen. If you really want to build a buzz, do that.

So, I finally watched this pilot. Holy hell was it bad. I'll spoiler tag a lot of this since it's an unaired pilot, even though this is a spoiler thread:

1) Where is the dramatic tension in this show?
    a) She immediately is known as a Kryptonian to her parents, who don't have to go through the struggles the Kents did, raising Superman.
    b) She has a sister who knows what's up, and joins an organization fighting aliens, where she apparently tells everyone about her alien sister so they can keep an eye on her.
    c) She literally tells the guy at the next desk over after her first attempt at Super-ness. Part of the compelling nature of Clark Kent's story is how he has to keep his identity secret from those closest to him.
    d) The "love interest" already knows she's Supergirl, because Superman is sending him to babysit. Part of the driving force of Lois and Clark (which I think is probably the artistic inspiration for this show) was the slow journey of Lois finding out Clark Kent was Superman, which she finally does, IN SEASON FOUR. Even Arrow waited a handful of episodes to reveal himself to Diggle, and the love interest doesn't know his identity til the end of season 1.

2) The "powerful woman theme." We get it. It can be a valid theme, especially for Supergirl, but it was sooooooo hamfisted. Like, the diner lady saying, "Oh, my daughter could use a powerful woman like that to look up to." Really? Is this a line in an episode of television that will appear on air? The little Supergirl vs. Superwoman rant? Kind of ripped directly from lipstick feminism. The whole "play the weak little girl to fool the villain" and then throwing in cheesy lines like, "Why, because she's too weak? That's exactly what we're counting on [him to think]." That's like, the second worst line of the episode, after my previous sentence.

3) The cheesiness of the monster-of-the-week device. It makes literally 0 sense.

4) What is Supergirl's motivation? Unlike Clark Kent, there was no "Smallville" growing period for her. We even find out she's flown before this episode, as a kid, but then CHOSE to live a normal life. Why is she hiding? Her specific reasoning is "the world doesn't need two heroes." What? Are you serious?

5) WHY IS NO ONE ALLOWED TO SAY SUPERMAN IN THIS SHOW? So many allusions to "my cousin," "your cousin," "him." Once he was referred to as the "Man of Steel." The rest was all a bunch of pronouns. It's actually rather jarring.

Oh man, it was bad....real bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Oh man, it was bad....real bad.
    we can only hope that CBS deliberately leaked this to get feed back from a wider audience, and to make changes to the tone of the show prior to it's official release. As it stands now, I would not be surprised if it got shit-canned.

i just hope it does well so we can get supergirl on legends of tomorrow and have all the analogs for a real proper justice league show
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

OK, this seriously made me laugh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i just hope it does well so we can get supergirl on legends of tomorrow and have all the analogs for a real proper justice league show
    Except they are not connected universes. CBS ≠ CW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clubsoda View Post
    Have to mention that I reported you, there's absolutely retarded major spoiler in your signature field.

That trailer looked really boring. I don't know seems really cheesy even for a superhero show.