Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TeksRunetotem View Post
    Not sure if this is trolling, but I'll bite. The Legendary questline is a better model for legendaries as they can be earned through work and aren't purely RNG dependent. Also there are catch up mechanics for alts.
    But, the issue is when something is available for everyone. Is it actually legendary?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudedInSanity View Post
    I mean, it is. People want to see the main story line without having to do anything to see it. Before you had to actually clear content without catchup mechanics and work yourself through each tier if you wanted to see the conclusion. Now you just have to log on and do Raid Finder for a few weeks. They want it so they can log on, do three quests for an hour, see the story and log out.
    I don't see how disliking seeing the same tedious "story" on Raid Finder for a few weeks constitutes being lazy, personally. Seems quite logical in fact.

Should get bonus for every toon that completes X chapter

It's legendary for a reason. Stop complaining. Would've loved to see how you would feel about them if it worked the same way it used to before MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Insomlol View Post
    But, the issue is when something is available for everyone. Is it actually legendary?
    Is it actually legendary when it randomly drops somewhere and you roll that lucky 100 - provided that there hasn't been a vote beforehand and you sucked up the best to your guildies or your raid leader?

Or is it more legendary when you've earnt it by playing the game and completing the tasks that you're given?

Deleted
    The Dragonwarth and Fangs of the Father legendaries followed exactly the same kind of system; killing bosses again and again until you can collect all the cinders/essences/whatever. It was a lot of tedium and repetition with a story quest spruced in between completing the grindy quests. It certainly wasn't fun collecting all 1000 seething cinders from Firelands (especially on 10 man with its reduced drop rate), but it kept you going for the reward.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudedInSanity View Post
    I mean, it is. People want to see the main story line without having to do anything to see it. Before you had to actually clear content without catchup mechanics and work yourself through each tier if you wanted to see the conclusion. Now you just have to log on and do Raid Finder for a few weeks. They want it so they can log on, do three quests for an hour, see the story and log out.
    to be fair, u don't get op at all.
    legendary quest stops me from raiding with alts as well.. to stay competitive i have to farm, farm, farm.. no thanks.

I am not against doing it once.. but for alts repeating over and over again is bad design.. its not even fun - joining lfr and watching how everyone afk.. If it was challenging quest chain, which took 4-8h, i wouldn't mind.. but doing lfr for 2-4 months.. NO! It does not even feel legendary anymore.

maybe make farming part account bound. Only quests individual for each char.. otherwise i will stay with 1 raiding toon 4ever!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Think it should just be a quest that asks you to get an item from each boss on mythic, 100% drop chance.

*ducks and covers*
    Then it first should be a Legendary worth the effort, and not a....ring....with a control effect for your Raid Leader to hold responsibility to utilize.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosstafa View Post
    It doesn't stop you rerolling or trying a different alt. I recently started warrior tanking, and I'm behind on the legendary ring quest for that, but I quickly managed to get to the 690 ring fairly easily. Doesn't matter if I'm a little behind, and it doesn't really matter at all on characters I dont raid with often.

As for the story, there are a few cool story bits but not a great deal. If you're that against raiding then you may as well just watch videos of the quests on YouTube rather than grinding out the legendary questioned for a few unimportant (but cool) story snippets.

So no I don't think it sucks, it's just content and you're not forced to do it but of course you're going to miss out in some way by not doing it. If you weren't missing out by not doing content, it wouldn't really be decent content in the first place.
    If you've already completed a step of the quest, you get double drops on the mats so you catch up pretty quick (a 2-4 of weeks instead of 4-8 weeks.) They're also supposedly increasing the frequency that you can run the garrison mission to get more of whichever item you need next patch as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    If you've already completed a step of the quest, you get double drops on the mats so you catch up pretty quick (a 2-4 of weeks instead of 4-8 weeks.) They're also supposedly increasing the frequency that you can run the garrison mission to get more of whichever item you need next patch as well.
    My understanding is there will be more drops as well next patch, from the post. But I may have misunderstood it.

Deleted
    Dont worry it will be easier later on!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Exil25 View Post
    The Dragonwarth and Fangs of the Father legendaries followed exactly the same kind of system; killing bosses again and again until you can collect all the cinders/essences/whatever. It was a lot of tedium and repetition with a story quest spruced in between completing the grindy quests. It certainly wasn't fun collecting all 1000 seething cinders from Firelands (especially on 10 man with its reduced drop rate), but it kept you going for the reward.
    Agreed. Although I preferred this level of 'individuality' when it comes to getting legendaries. Now it's mandated on everyone to get the ring and sucks to be you if you took a break or starting late in the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Exil25 View Post
    some of them prefer old system cause that was free-pass to best server guilds once one completed or got them - now they no longer can screw guild and ninja-quit after obtaining it and jump up to much better progressed guilds just cause they got orange weapon.

all i can say is its better than the random drop model.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    Is it actually legendary when it randomly drops somewhere and you roll that lucky 100 - provided that there hasn't been a vote beforehand and you sucked up the best to your guildies or your raid leader?

Or is it more legendary when you've earnt it by playing the game and completing the tasks that you're given?
    I still dont see how its Legendary, considering everyone can earn it. Legendaries were given (at least in my guild) to our best performance at the time. We had our MT who got our TF, and our rogue who got the glaives. (Both were exceptional players, and well deserving of such items) It just feels that it shouldnt be classed as a Legendary since its so easily attainable.

Would be a lot better if they got rid of the grinding collecting quests. That's just busywork and it sucks to clear bosses in LFR just for legendary items. I already dread having to do HFC LFR for the legendary quest when I'm all but geared in tier 6 crafting and 695 Apexis items.

Kill quests (kill boss, loot item) are absolutely fine, but they should be followed/accompanied by story quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    Remember when you defeated a massive air elemental for it's essence to create a sword of storms?

Remember when you collected the metal to craft legendary weapons to temper them on the dark anvil?...

Yeah.. No more.
    Get meh sum roks frum bosses plz.
    Need moar roks.
    k 1 moar rok.
    Here u go, maed u ring.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosstafa View Post
    It doesn't stop you rerolling or trying a different alt. I recently started warrior tanking, and I'm behind on the legendary ring quest for that, but I quickly managed to get to the 690 ring fairly easily. Doesn't matter if I'm a little behind, and it doesn't really matter at all on characters I dont raid with often.
    they have only recently made this change (if you did it on main you get more stones and crap on alts), its still a mindless grind.

IMO: whole legendary "quest system" needs serious rework (just like majority of stuff in the game), i would like more storytelling via actual zones and dungeons, less grind and also legendary questline for each class AND spec (legendary quest to tell a major story of the game is fine but its not enough)

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand why Highmaul and BRF don't drop both Stones and Runes. That's how it worked after 5.4 in MoP, and that system was fine. They also need to MASSIVELY buff the drop rate for alts. This current "1 extra stone! 4 extra runes!" crap is obnoxious and pointless. You should easily be able to finish each part in 3 weeks on alts.

For mains the current system is fine. Annoying, boring, and extremely thinly-veiled sub bait, but fine.

You all possibly do not realise that Blizzard are constraining people from leveling every needed for raid character by making these long, tedious dumb grind quest chains. If they wanted to make legendary quest line engaging and interesting, it would look like warlock's Green fire scenario. They could absolutely design it to be like that; but no, all they want is to not let you switch characters at least without paying a heavy time involved toll.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though