Page 35 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hello, I am trying to figure out how to improve my damage by analyzing logs. Instead of posting a log here and asking for help, I would like to help myself by learning what to look for. Assuming the character is ok with the right enchants, gems, glyphs and talents for the fight, what would be the things to check? I realize the things to look out for can be very fight specific, but it would be good to have a list of things to watch out for.
    • Uptime for moonfire/sunfire
    • Redundant casts of moonfire/starfire
    • Usage of cooldowns (Incarantion, Celestial Alignment, ...)
    • Usage of Starfall/Starsurge (capping of charges)
    • Lunar Empowerement vs Solar Empowerement (I believe Lunar Empowerment and empowered starfire is more powerful than empowered Wrath?)

Can I from Warcraftlogs see how many charges of Starfall/Starsurge is available? Is it possible to pinpoint times where I cap? Likewise, is there any way of seeing where in the eclipse cycle you are at any given point?

Hey there fellow boomkins. Wondering how do I analyze a log to see how I am doing. What Should I be looking for etc.

Opener, spell rotation, cd's, charges and consumables management.

Anyone willing to take a look at logs and come with advices for improvement? http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combat..._hand/arctagon (The last few logs are as Feral.)

I know I can improve my cooldown management, at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctagon View Post
    Anyone willing to take a look at logs and come with advices for improvement? http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combat..._hand/arctagon (The last few logs are as Feral.)

I'm sure people around here would be happy to take a look but all of your logs since may 21 appear to be feral. Wouldn't hurt to have some more up to date ones.

21 May isn't that long ago, though. Why wouldn't the logs from then and earlier be relevant? I can probably do the next BRF run as boomkin, but it's not going to be much different.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctagon View Post

Would say you start logging yourself with warcraftlogs...AMR personal logs are super cancerous and unless there is some hidden button that tells you how you do your opener and showing when you gain what buffs and such... it doesn't give enough information about when you are casting what, it's just impossible to get an accurate understanding of what you are doing.

though checking gruul hc logs 21. may
    Apartfrom that you are casting way too many sunfires, so i suspect you are casting CA when you are in solar eclipse, which would be a very bad idea, you have a few too many solar empowerments, and really not many wrath casts, which suggests you are using too many starsurges during solar without actually using them, while casting starsurges in wrath is perfectly okay, if you get proccs or you are high on stacks, using them close to peak shouldn't be an issue.
    Last edited by theburned; 2015-06-15 at 01:23 AM.

Do you mean like this? http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combat...,d=0,c=12,gm=0

I do upload my logs to WarcraftLogs as well: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/usercalendar/124996

I have started aiming for popping CA in lunar eclipse now. Wasn't aware of that earlier.
    Last edited by Arctagon; 2015-06-16 at 06:59 AM.

Deleted
    Do we know if much is going to change in 6.2 regarding the following?

- Stat Weights/Priority
    - Will Treants be a viable option?
    - Will there be much more room to play Stellar Flare for example? Will Inc/Euph still be best?

stat weights... not much change since mastery is being buffed which keeps its position as best stat (run sims to be certain)
    Treats - Nope...not unless they get buffed again
    Stellar Flare...prolly not - it still suffers mechanically in that Euph or BoP pretty much cover all situations equally if not better. Maybe on the council fights, but meh...

Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    stat weights... not much change since mastery is being buffed which keeps its position as best stat (run sims to be certain)
    Treats - Nope...not unless they get buffed again
    Stellar Flare...prolly not - it still suffers mechanically in that Euph or BoP pretty much cover all situations equally if not better. Maybe on the council fights, but meh...
    Well the council fights seem to be too early for it to matter, where being able to focus more on the fights is way more important than pulling 1-2% more dps out of your ass.

I advise you also follow the tier 18 boomkin thread, sims show haste being best for single target and multi because of SoC

Quote Originally Posted by MV Kaa View Post
    I advise you also follow the tier 18 boomkin thread, sims show haste being best for single target and multi because of SoC
    Might want to go check that thread yourself as well since lappee's recent sim using SoC and T18H gear (which comes with a fair amount of mastery and haste on it already) has haste as a poor stat to stack further.
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2015-06-22 at 02:40 PM.

Hey guys, will be smashing out Heroic HFC tomorrow and I was wondering what talents will be best for the council encounter (3rd boss)

Seeing as it's a council fight, I assume it's best to use BoP and Incarn?

Also, with the first fight dealing with adds and multiple targets, BoP and Incarn will shine again?

Sorry if I have missed any fight / encounter discussion.

Deleted
    Stats priority :

AskMrRobot : Intellect > Haste > Mastery > Critical > Multi >= Vers
    Icy Veins : Intellect > Mastery > Critical > Haste > Multi > Vers
    Noxxic : Intellect > Mastery > Haste >= Multi > Vers

I am so confused right now...

15+ Year Old Account
    Stat prio changes depending what gear you already have. Our secondary stats are very close in value (except for Versa being lower) so the priority will change. However, it's not really that much of a deal. Anyway, if you wanna know for sure how it is for you, it's best to check simulationcraft.

If you want to take it easy without simming, which is completly fine TBH, just go with icyvein's stat priority... it's just logical anyways. int is your primary stat, mastery is your attunement, crit and haste both do the same thing (SS/starfall charge procs increase) except crit increases starfall's damage while haste doesn't. Multistrike is like crit/haste without the additional charges, vers is just lower budget.

Deleted
    Much appriciate your awnsers guys...Really thanks!

AskMrRobot got only 2 weights!
    One is for single target that says that haste is the best stat and the other is for multi target fights that as AskMrRobot says Critical is better(When you got your T18 gear and your class trinket)!
    I will check only Icy Veins from now on as you said and i will try to use simulationcraft to see what those sims say...

Ok please help ; new boomkin here for my guild. I feel i should be doing tons more and I just cant seem to find it.

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combat...8#v=0,d=0,c=21

Is there a chart available with trinket gains for HFC?