Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Iflash View Post
    "Going back to being mothers, partners and daughters" is sexist, although I get why it's not super clear why. It's not really sexist on its own. It's sexist because people don't really say that to men (I am sure there are exceptions).

It contributes to the idea that women are just someone's (usually men) something, not someone on their own. It's not as bad as it used to be, but it still happens. Like how a lot of female personalities are often referred to as XXXX's girlfriend, or XXXX's ex, etc. How some people say "Hey, don't do that, she's someone's mother, someone's sister, someone's daughter", instead of saying they should stop because she is a person.
    Or it was tweeted because before/during the World Cup they did a whole series on the team and their family relations, as well as articles to try and give the public more info on who these "heroes" are. In the article was a line about "mothers, partners, daughters." So they just used a line from one of their earlier articles about the team.

Shocking news at 10 though: Idiots on the internet will make anything sexist.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Or it was tweeted because before/during the World Cup they did a whole series on the team and their family relations, as well as articles to try and give the public more info on who these "heroes" are. In the article was a line about "mothers, partners, daughters." So they just used a line from one of their earlier articles about the team.

Shocking news at 10 though: Idiots on the internet will make anything sexist.
    http://www.thefa.com/news/england/wo...rld-cup-return

Here´s the link, i doubt he´ll find it on his own.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Unless they say the same about men, yes.
    I didn't know guys coud be mothers and daughters....
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Iflash View Post
    "Going back to being mothers, partners and daughters" is sexist, although I get why it's not super clear why. It's not really sexist on its own. It's sexist because people don't really say that to men (I am sure there are exceptions).

It contributes to the idea that women are just someone's (usually men) something, not someone on their own. It's not as bad as it used to be, but it still happens. Like how a lot of female personalities are often referred to as XXXX's girlfriend, or XXXX's ex, etc. How some people say "Hey, don't do that, she's someone's mother, someone's sister, someone's daughter", instead of saying they should stop because she is a person.
    Oh christ, do we really need this shit HERE too?

Personally, I found that tweet far better than putting someone's face on the money. But I guess if you live for whining about stupid shit, you'll whine about stuff no matter what.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're heroes? For what?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    They can if they're trans.

Firstly, lolsoccer
    Secondly, lolfeminism
    Finally, lol31usc5114b

That is all.

Yes, in the US it is perfectly acceptable to take any cheap publicity stunt you can and not follow through on it when the attention is on the next one. (<- Yes, I'm not entirely serious with this.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nris View Post
    That just in: Family relations are sexit.
    Being a father is sexist. How come women can't be fathers? Throught history, us women have been prevented from being able to be a father. It's the 21st century. This needs to change...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    Firstly, lolsoccer
    Secondly, lolfeminism
    Finally, lol31usc5114b

That is all.
    Not overly surprising, a living person could do something later to destroy their reputation and have them stuck on the currency.

Also, we often call sporting heroes our favourite sons and daughters etc when they return from the olympics, mens world cup etc. Or does that not count because we don't call their fathers and partners too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Which is a ridiculous thing to say in the first place.
    Oh so sexism is ridiculous? Because it must be if its definition is.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Oh so sexism is ridiculous? Because it must be if its definition is.
    Except the bit where that isn't the definition.

10+ Year Old Account
    To the OP tweet........
    someone wants to put Martha (Brazilian - best player in the world) and Angerer (German - Best goal keeper in the world) on US currency? lol.....
    idiots... that's when it shows who are event fans... the lack of in depth knowledge comes out..

on that note..... I blame the media for it.
    The broadcasts of the WC games were again a punishment to listen for anyone who is actually really familiar with that sport, and the branch of female football.
    From start to end, idiotic commentators, and the moment the US team was on the field, it was one huge pile of borderline nationalistic biased crap that had more
    often than not nothing to do with accurate game reporting.
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2015-07-07 at 07:14 PM.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    No fucking way would we put a soccer player on our fucking money. Damn people are dumb. I mean.....a fucking soccer player? How about someone that actually did something that benefits others. Nobody even watches soccer in the US- I had no idea that this shit even took place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    To the OP tweet........
    someone wants to put Martha (Brazilian - best player in the world) and Angerer (German - Best goal keeper in the world) on US currency? lol.....
    idiots... that's when it shows who are event fans... the lack of in depth knowledge comes out..
    No- it just shows how stupid people can be. Nobody in sports deserves to have their face on money. Ever. Shouldn't even of been brought up. Same idiots that would love to have Miley Cyrus on a dollar bill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    No- it just shows how stupid people can be. Nobody in sports deserves to have their face on money. Ever. Shouldn't even of been brought up. Same idiots that would love to have Miley Cyrus on a dollar bill.
    I agree...... athletes, actors, musicians and the like, that's what stamps are there for..

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I think you're the one here trying to get attention considering it's clear the "manner" of the comment is what is being discussed not the literal words. If you try and pretend that you didn't now that, well but be a slow day for you.
    Are your feelings hurt? Do we need to change some laws for you?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    I agree...... athletes, actors, musicians and the like, that's what stamps are there for..

That was actually very funny. lol

10+ Year Old Account

That was actually very funny. lol
    lol. hey it's true.... we all (nations) do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    They're heroes? For what?
    They are heroes because they placed 3rd at the Women's World Cup whilst being semi-pro. A fair criticism of the tweet would of been about the sorry state of women's football in the UK, they deserve a living wage. But no, bang on about sexism rather than how these women have to juggle 2 jobs and however much family life they have the time for.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Give it another 10-20 years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    They are heroes because they placed 3rd at the Women's World Cup whilst being semi-pro. A fair criticism of the tweet would of been about the sorry state of women's football in the UK, they deserve a living wage. But no, bang on about sexism rather than how these women have to juggle 2 jobs and however much family life they have the time for.
    You are not allowed to use bang and woman in the same sentence that is sexist.

Deleted
    Give it another 10-20 years.
    is that for him to realise that this is about the LADIES team ?