Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Games You Like That No One Else Likes

As the title suggests we all have that game we like or even love, but no one else seems to like or even enjoy.

What game is that for you?

For me its Spore... I enjoy it a lot, but no one else seems to and its because it was over hyped, but I didnt buy it because of hype, I bought it because i liked the idea.

For me it's Dragon Age 2. It's easily the best in the series for me, and I loved the more localized and personal story over the classic "bad guy destroys the world" plot.
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

Fallout Tactics is for me the best Fallout game ever made.

Spore...

So many innovations that have shaped the genre, and so little due credit.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - The world was beautiful if you moved the camera a little bit.
    Dragon Age 2 - A great game IF you didn't take it as part of the Dragon Age series.
    BulletStorm - What isn't to love about a gruff drunken space marine singing about murdering people with a remote controlled dinosaur?

WoW of course! *trolls* I kid I kid. In all honesty, most games I play any more I only get because I hear good things about them, and back in the day I feel like the games I played were more niche than disliked... I played (and LOVED) all the Heroes of Might and Magic games up through 4, and for the longest time no one I talked to had any idea what they were, even if they were heavy game players. I would have to answer with the HoMM games because of that, even though it was more just sheer ignorance than dislike <.<

Hm, I guess I got two total, one is questionable though.

Paper Mario: Sticker Star- It was a pretty solid game if you don't expect a Paper Mario RPG. I feel like most the hate just comes from the fact that it isn't a Paper Mario RPG like 1 and 2.

Super Smash Bros Brawl- This is questionable, because there's no doubt it's definitely liked, but I feel like out of all the Smash games, it's the one that gets the most hate because "It's not as fast as Melee! And Tripping!", which I can agree about tripping, there should of been an option to turn that off, it's still the Smash game I played the most.

Majesty2. It's a terrible and simple game on first sight, but to this day I fondly remember the gameplay and general feel and aesthetic of the game. Completely flopped and Majesty3 will probably never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Fallout Tactics is for me the best Fallout game ever made.
    I dunno about the best, but it wasn't terrible as ppl made it out to be, i think its just that it wasn't really open ended like fo2 you had to go mission to mission and that wasn't really giving the same vibe. the actual gameplay was pretty fun and the real time combat actually played out quite well with regenerating aps. i actually wish they kept making isometric fallouts.

I liked the Star Wars: Force Unleashed 1 & 2 , people seem to hate it on steam for some reason. Whereas me, i thought it was one of the better made Star Wars combat games with the only downside being a bad pc port which is easily fixed with a gamepad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heroes of Might and Magic 4.

Perhaps it was soundtrack but still loved the hell out the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    WoW was the first MMO.

And invented the fantasy genre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Not many people know that Tolkien was born just outside Goldshire, and EverQuest was originally a bugged quest line from Mankirk's wife that required you to go in endless loops up and down the Barrens.

Hmmm, of recently I'd say Titanfall. The criticism it gets is well deserved, the game is extremely shallow. That didn't detract to how fun I found the game, a great mix of FPS/Mech play. Hoping the 2nd game comes up with better ideas than perk cards.

E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial

Just kidding

I loved SaGa Frontier. From what I've read, it mostly got negative reviews and wasn't very well liked outside of Japan.

<3 Swery (Deadly Premonition for those that don't recognize it)
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Ultima VIII and IX.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    I dunno about the best, but it wasn't terrible as ppl made it out to be, i think its just that it wasn't really open ended like fo2 you had to go mission to mission and that wasn't really giving the same vibe. the actual gameplay was pretty fun and the real time combat actually played out quite well with regenerating aps. i actually wish they kept making isometric fallouts.
    eh, well, it was. because it was nothing like Fallout 1 or 2, there was no open world or dialogue.. there was just combat with maps where you can only go one direction.

the game the i really liked but other people didnt is Dungeon Siege 3.
    BETA CLUB

10+ Year Old Account
    World of Warcraft
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

10+ Year Old Account
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

The Order: 1886
    Knack
    Ryse

Enjoyed all 3 for what they where, and most complaints about them I find are complaining they didn't try to be something they are not so the person shouldn't have wasted their time playing them anyways.