Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Risen. Not the sequel however, the combat system made that terrible.

Spore was one of mine. Featured creator, made TONS of civilizations and creatures. It was basically the only game I played before I found WoW. I would love to play Spore again but the Origin account I made for it back in the days uses my old e-mail address which has been discontinued so I can't get my password for that account... And stupid f-cking EA won't let me contact them for help, trying to change the e-mail manually doesn't work and I'm rather pissed about it all.

World of Warcraft = the game I play that people I know will be douchey about. If I talk about it they'll tell me how uninterested they are in "that crap" and how they cba to care about anything having to do with it. Basically they expect me to not talk about my game experiences and milestones but they should be able to shower me with experiences from the mmorpgs THEY play or their FPS-games. I couldn't care less about Dota2 or FF14 or Call of Duty: Whatever but if they're excited and happy about something I'll share in their joy...well, used to.

Needless to say, I don't speak to those people often.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2015-07-13 at 12:45 AM.

The Prototype series. Though I love Infamous(especially nowadays), back when it came out and there was the big 'debate' between fans of Infamous and Prototype, honestly Infamous(the first one) didn't really do much for me. Prototype lacked polish, LOTS of polish, but I really liked the scale of 'power' in it. You almost felt like you were god mode-ing all the time relative to other games in the genre of 'Open-world Power Fantasy'. Scaled buildings faster, caused wider waves of devastation, took on some titanic foes before things were done, and despite it failing in execution, the idea of the stealth disguise system and "The Patsy" were so unique for a game of it's type. If they'd have gotten more fleshed out and some of the areas got a bit more polish, it definitely would be one of the best games ever made.

Sadly, it did have some bad Polish and production quality in areas. Also, while the story was great in a broad sense, a lot of the scenes and way it played out were numbed by the fact that very important details to the story(like who the freak Pariah is, more details on Hope, Idaho, and what really happened with the 'old girlfriend') were saved for 'optional' consume NPCs and not shown to the player in the main story...which can lead to confusion.

Kingdoms of Amalur and Dragon Age II. Both were fucking awesome.

EDIT: Also, Prototype 2.

Everquest 1

10+ Year Old Account
    Recently replayed through Dragon Age 2 and I thought it was very enjoyable. The worst of the Dragon Age games but that's a pretty high standard to live up to. Plus, both DLCs for it were pretty awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Singularity - sure they cut some stuff but its was still a fun storyline with some badass creatures and abilities.
    Metro 2033 and last light - Another fun storyline and cool setting.

This means war!
    The first crysis(for the gameplay)
    ......Diablo 3.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    BulletStorm - What isn't to love about a gruff drunken space marine singing about murdering people with a remote controlled dinosaur?
    Came here to say this. Story and dialogue aside, it has incredible gameplay - far surpassing Gears of War if you ask me.

People Can Fly did really amazing design work on it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanadei View Post
    Came here to say this. Story and dialogue aside, it has incredible gameplay - far surpassing Gears of War if you ask me.

I really liked it as well but I don't remember being disliked when it launched. quite the opposite really.

As for me, there are a few :

Two Worlds 1 & 2 - While 2 was a very big improvement over 1 , it still wasn't considered a good game by any means. I don't know what it was about the series but it just kind of drew me in. The gameplay was average to bad, the writing and voice acting was unbelievably bad but they do seem like games made by people that actually want to make a good rpg but just can't . They have a cheesy B movie appeal to me.

Gothic 3 - Buggy and broken at launch and quite different from Gothic 2 but it still had that Gothic feeling. It had a ton of exploration, 3 different landscapes, a ton of cities to liberate/crush the rebels and it was very non linear.

X-Com : Enforcer - I know most people just shit on this game , but for me it was actually the first X-Com game played. If you don't take it's IP into account it's a decent enough 3rd person action game. I loved it when i first played it.

10+ Year Old Account
    about two worlds I i'm noticing an alarming trend of people writing really good reviews of it lately and glossing over all the bullshit when it was an objectively mediocre at best game. my copy had numerous glitches and bugs. one of them involved the graphics devolving into cube shaped blocks my character could jump onto much like in qbert from the 70's. imagine all of a sudden a cube appears in mid air right in front of you. i AM NOT JOKING. than after about 10 minutes of that the game froze up and i had to restart it. i won't even begin to get into the issues with story,voice acting,difficultly,combat and map design.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    Rise of the Argonauts (PS3)
    Dwarf Fortress

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    about two worlds I i'm noticing an alarming trend of people writing really good reviews of it lately and glossing over all the bullshit when it was an objectively mediocre at best game. my copy had numerous glitches and bugs. one of them involved the graphics devolving into cube shaped blocks my character could jump onto much like in qbert from the 70's. imagine all of a sudden a cube appears in mid air right in front of you. i AM NOT JOKING. than after about 10 minutes of that the game froze up and i had to restart it. i won't even begin to get into the issues with story,voice acting,difficultly,combat and map design.
    I did not encounter any major graphical bugs like that but it doesn't surprise me. It's no masterpiece but it has a charm to it that's hard to explain. This , similar to Gothic has a certain appeal, especially to eastern european gamers. We put way less emphasis on quality voice acting and and overall writing. Two worlds 1 is a contender for the worst voice acting ever made but that's part of what makes it special. As I said it's like a B movie.

Though Two Worlds II is a huge step up and i actually consider it a pretty damn good RPG. It has a plethora of quests and places to explore, a very customisable and cool magic system and even 1-2 semi interesting characters.
    Last edited by axell; 2015-07-13 at 03:01 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    Probably there are some good patches available now, which weren't at the beginning. Thus, the latest reviews are a lot better than the first. Especially patches made by the community may improve the gameplay by a lot and fix many bugs. Sadly, all too often developers stop fixing / supporting their older games and leave them in a semi-finished state.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazgrim View Post
    Princess Tomato in the Salad Kingdom. (Not even joking).
    Omg there were parts of that game that haunt my dreams. Nostalgia is hitting me hard with that name.

To add mine to this list, Secret of Evermore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly, all too often developers stop fixing / supporting their older games and leave them in a semi-finished state.
    While I am glad that some companies at least acknowledge the major bugs in their games and try to correct them, personally my judgement on a game is entirely based on what the straight out-of-the-box version of the game is without day-1 updates or patches. I think companies should be held accountable for the initial product they ship out, bugs and all. I never liked the thought process of "oh we can patch it later" for games.

To add mine to this list, Secret of Evermore
    I think Evermore was better then Mana personally.

Phantasy Star 3 - Most people who liked the Phantasy Star series hated this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    My favorite game of all time : Pokemon Crystal Version
    doh my god....

"don't look back, it's a trap, it a fact, it's a booby trap booby trap" - The Dickies

10+ Year Old Account
    Star Wars Starfighter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanadei View Post

EEEEEEHHH, I never played bullet storm, but it took some god damn skill to set up sniper-roll-headshots, and cross map no-scope head shots, people in gears think having the sniper is a game..... ITS NOT ITS A LIFE STYLE >
    doh my god....

"don't look back, it's a trap, it a fact, it's a booby trap booby trap" - The Dickies