Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    While I am glad that some companies at least acknowledge the major bugs in their games and try to correct them, personally my judgement on a game is entirely based on what the straight out-of-the-box version of the game is without day-1 updates or patches. I think companies should be held accountable for the initial product they ship out, bugs and all. I never liked the thought process of "oh we can patch it later" for games.
    It depends for me. Sure, it sucks when a game comes out in a buggy and not finished state, and many times reviews reflect that. So I just don't buy it. But I can still enjoy it later, if it gets fixed over time. In that case, I also paid less money, because at that time it's usually available on some sale for a lot less than the initial release price. Reviews made at that time should reflect that they fixed the initial problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sonic 06. Both my copies didn't have many issues and I honestly liked the story about it, people freaking out over the kiss was like meh to me.the glitches I had were slim to none.
    Also shadow the hedgehog game. They need another one in my books.

Gun Valkyrie. Was critically acclaimed but suffered from poor sales because the control scheme was 'hard'.
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by axell View Post
    I really liked it as well but I don't remember being disliked when it launched. quite the opposite really.
    After the initial hype wave during the first week or two, there was a large backlash in the gaming press as well as online fans.

People thought all the potty talk made the game juvenile and so dismissed it. Their loss.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by holyforce View Post
    EEEEEEHHH, I never played bullet storm, but it took some god damn skill to set up sniper-roll-headshots, and cross map no-scope head shots, people in gears think having the sniper is a game..... ITS NOT ITS A LIFE STYLE >
    Well, I'm comparing the single player. Gears obviously has better multiplayer.

Crash Twinsanity. Everyone i talked to absolutely hated that game for some reason, but i really liked it. The humour was awesome, the storyline was pretty cool, and it introduced one of my favourite Crash Bandicoot characters to date (Nina Cortex). The gameplay was solid for a Crash game, and the soundtrack was awesome, so tbh i have no idea why everyone hates it so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dragon Age 2. Also Wildstar (well only the leveling)

10+ Year Old Account
    Duke Nukem Forever. I don't know what people were expecting from a Duke Nukem Game. I thought it was hilariously stupid and it was what it was supposed to be. As a game, sure, it was maybe B- at best. But as a Duke Nukem Game it was definitely an A.

Quote Originally Posted by nightguard View Post
    Sonic 06. Both my copies didn't have many issues and I honestly liked the story about it, people freaking out over the kiss was like meh to me.the glitches I had were slim to none.
    Also shadow the hedgehog game. They need another one in my books.
    Sonic 06 wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the terrible controls and camera. It just wasn't finished. As for Shadow, that game was bad in so many ways but it was still fun. I'll forgive the gun usage, but the story was just awful. It had good level design at least.
    Last edited by Sarcon; 2015-07-14 at 02:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by holyforce View Post
    My favorite game of all time : Pokemon Crystal Version
    Plenty of people liked that game... I feel like you guys don't understand the thread. You're supposed to list super underrated games i.e. Dark Cloud or games that were hated by the gaming community i.e. Dragon Age 2.

Final Fantasy XIII. Loved it, plan on replaying it soon since I now have both sequels.
    Rascal for PS1. I don't remember anyone every saying they liked it. I didn't either at first; takes a good hour to get used to the control scheme and camera. After that it was enjoyable. Good music, interesting concept (kid with a watergun platformer). Fun emulation but if you're easily to mediumly enraged I strongly suggest staying away from it. You need a lot of patience.

Some of mine would be:

Alpha Protocol (PC) - I did have to use an .ini tweak to make it playable, since by default my mouse cursor was bound to a grid making it nearly impossible to play. Once I got into it however, I found the game to be quite good overall, and I enjoyed it much more than I did Deux Ex: HR (from a gameplay and story perspective, though DE:HR was graphically superior).

Circus Maximus (XBOX) - Most complaints were that it used every button on that giant XBOX controller. I never had issues with the original controller, and I was used to using every button in Halo, so I was never bothered by those issues. I just found it to be a different enough racing game that required you to manage the stamina of your horses, fight other chariot crews, and keep your balance when making tight turns (lean into the turn), while also dodging any traps on the map.

Too Human (X360) - Many could not get over the controls and lack of camera control, and as someone that usually complains about lack of camera control, I didn't really have any issues with it in Too Human. I found it to be a very enjoyable ARGP, and I loved the overall art design of the game as well. While it was fun solo, I was also lucky enough to have a friend that enjoyed it co-op.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    Crash Twinsanity. Everyone i talked to absolutely hated that game for some reason, but i really liked it. The humour was awesome, the storyline was pretty cool, and it introduced one of my favourite Crash Bandicoot characters to date (Nina Cortex). The gameplay was solid for a Crash game, and the soundtrack was awesome, so tbh i have no idea why everyone hates it so much.
    People hate that game, really? I loved it!

10+ Year Old Account
    From Dust. Game get's a lot of hate, my only problem with it was that there wasn't enough content. But I really enjoyed playing it.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Not a lot of people seemed to get into Cosmochoria. I love that game.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Too Human
    Duke Nukem Forever
    Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Too Human's mix of fantasy and sci-fi using norse mythology felt refreshing. Combat was a little clunky, but it felt like an arcade game. There's about 9-10 of us that still play online on occasion.

Duke Nukem Forever was exactly what I expected it to be. I avoided the hype train that led to so many people being disappointed, and I'm glad I did. I thoroughly enjoyed the absurdity and silly atmosphere.

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. . . Amazing game, beautiful world, lovely weapon and armor designs, good balance between the various fighting styles. I wish it took off and more games tried to be like it and improve upon it.

I think "pull my finger" is a great game, but apparently every one hates it and I'm always the only one who thinks it's fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always thought Destiny got a bad rap it didn't deserve, but I look at the numbers and since it has a bigger following than even WoW now I guess it doesn't count *shrug*.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    I think "pull my finger" is a great game, but apparently every one hates it and I'm always the only one who thinks it's fun.
    And there's my chuckle for today!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oevaag View Post
    Enter the Matrix. Loved that game
    Same here, played it for absolute ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    From Dust. Game get's a lot of hate, my only problem with it was that there wasn't enough content. But I really enjoyed playing it.
    I also liked From Dust, I don't mind games being short and simple. It was really a fun concept to play with while it lasted though.

With Steam sales everyone seems to have an absurd backlog of games to play anyway, so stuff not taking 50 hours to complete is good in my book.
    Last edited by Ratyrel; 2015-07-14 at 05:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom- Not sure if people hated it this one as much as people just didn't care enough for it so it was ignored. This game was so fun and creative it was definitely one of the most underrated games. It's like a fusion of Zelda and ICO. Whats worse is that at the end it hints at a sequel but nothing ever came of it.

Bulletstorm- I have no idea why people bashed on this game so much. I mean yeah maybe it wasn't the most amazing game but it was definitely lots of fun. Isn't that what matters most?

Binary Domain- This game was awesome and I am almost offended this game didn't get a sequel that it also has hinted at in the end. I don't think people hated this game either just no one seemed to really care for it so it didn't get enough attention.

Folklore- This was another surprisingly good game and another forgotten gem. This was probably the most weird yet unique and creative game I've played in a long time. The art style is awesome, The characters are cool, the combat is really fun, the story is really interesting, and the music is really nice. It's a shame this game was ignored so much.

I'm sure there are others but these are the ones that stick out the most right now.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom- Not sure if people hated it this one as much as people just didn't care enough for it so it was ignored. This game was so fun and creative it was definitely one of the most underrated games. It's like a fusion of Zelda and ICO. Whats worse is that at the end it hints at a sequel but nothing ever came of it.

Bulletstorm- I have no idea why people bashed on this game so much. I mean yeah maybe it wasn't the most amazing game but it was definitely lots of fun. Isn't that what matters most?

Binary Domain- This game was awesome and I am almost offended this game didn't get a sequel that it also has hinted at in the end. I don't think people hated this game either just no one seemed to really care for it so it didn't get enough attention.

Folklore- This was another surprisingly good game and another forgotten gem. This was probably the most weird yet unique and creative game I've played in a long time. The art style is awesome, The characters are cool, the combat is really fun, the story is really interesting, and the music is really nice. It's a shame this game was ignored so much.

I'm sure there are others but these are the ones that stick out the most right now.
    Music in Folklore was my favorite. The game is why I still have a ps3 after upgrading to PS4.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved Bomberman 64 on the N64, received mediocre to poor reviews but I loved the game. The single player was hard as nails and the multiplayer wasn't that bad!
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance