Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Angry Israel: terror attack on Pride Parade

Why isn't Israel retaliating against the terrorists?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-33726634

Israeli police have arrested a man after six people were wounded in a stabbing at the Gay Pride parade in Jerusalem.

wo of the injured are in a serious condition, medics said.

The attacker emerged behind marchers and began stabbing them while screaming, before being tackled by a police officer.

Dramatic images showed the assailant reaching inside his coat and raising a knife above his head.

Yasmin Yusupov, 20, told the BBC she and her friends were marching when she "started seeing a lot of people running".

"We didn't realise what happened but I was pulling the friends who were with me to run away. We just banged on doors of people's houses. We tried asking them to get us inside.

"When we came back I saw a few bodies on the floor right in front of me. Everyone had blood on their hands because they were trying to help," she added.

Your title says 6 dead even though 6 people were injured, only 2 of them seriously.

Not to mention the attacker was a diehard Jew.

Uhh because he wasn't part of a terrorist organization?
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    Your title says 6 dead even though 6 people were injured, only 2 of them seriously.

Not to mention the attacker was a diehard Jew.
    Sorry I mispelled it.

It's kind of funny because guns rights people always point at Israel as an example of a state with not a lot of gun violence but lots of guns, but they actually do not have a high level of gun ownership and actually very strict gun laws, stricter than most of europe and nothing close to what people who want at least some sort of sanity in US gun control have advocated.

What sort of violence do you get from angry people who just want to hurt things with gun control such as Israel has? Knifings where 6 people are hurt, two may die.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    What sort of violence do you get from angry people who just want to hurt things with gun control such as Israel has? Knifings where 6 people are hurt, two may die.
    Oh gods no the hurt! Must be far worse than being dead.

Seems ridiculous that this guy got out of prison for 12 years for similar offences just 3 weeks before and then is allowed to get this close to a gay pride festival.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Oh gods no the hurt! Must be far worse than being dead.

Seems ridiculous that this guy got out of prison for 12 years for similar offences just 3 weeks before and then is allowed to get this close to a gay pride festival.
    Actually that was my point, Xanjori. Guns don't kill people, but they sure make it easy for angry people to kill people.

I don't want to imagine what this guy could've done if he could've jumped over to walmart and buyan automatic weapon.

You forgot that the attacker did the same thing like 10 years ago and was just released from prison a few weeks back.

What goes around comes around.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    You forgot that the attacker did the same thing like 10 years ago and was just released from prison a few weeks back.

What goes around comes around.
    They didn't really address the problem. Someone who is full of hatred isn't going to just change their mind because of jail time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triest View Post
    I don't want to imagine what this guy could've done if he could've jumped over to walmart and buyan automatic weapon.
    If it was in the US, you might not hear about it. We're used to piles of corpses to sate our NRA masters.

Doesn't Israel usually retaliate against gaza stripe for random stuff why are they not bulldozing some orthodox settlements which are illegal anyway now?

Or are gay lives not worthy to retaliate for?
    They lost already a primeminister to the orthodox folks much more than the muslims pulled off.

Doesn't Israel usually retaliate against gaza stripe for random stuff why are they not bulldozing some orthodox settlements which are illegal anyway now?

He wasn't part of a terrorist organization. He was a very angry dude. Nobody to overreact against.

Besides, the point of bombing Gaza isn't really to prevent further attacks, it's to polarize people so the right-wing in power always has a bogeyman to keep people scared and voting for the perceived tough guys.

They lost already a primeminister to the orthodox folks much more than the muslims pulled off.
    It doesn't get anymore dense than this.

They need to crack down on their orthodox folks a bit harder.

A primeminister, woman rights, attacks on children and now 6 people again.

Deleted
    I bet they put him in prison for 10 years again.

Whoever intends to go to the 2025 march had better watch out for this guy, because he'll have a hankering for some knifering. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by Seja Victrix View Post
    I bet they put him in prison for 10 years again.

Whoever intends to go to the 2025 march had better watch out for this guy, because he'll have a hankering for some knifering. Again.
    10 years for terrorism in Israel?

Quote Originally Posted by Neufab View Post
    It doesn't get anymore dense than this.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yitzhak_Rabin Prime Minister killed in 1995 by Right Wing nutter who hated the peace process.

Sorry I mispelled it.
    hahahahaahahaha, SUUUUUUUUUUUUURE. Why dont you go spread your propaganda somewhere else?

10 years for terrorism in Israel?
    He's a Jew.

One set of rules for Jews. Another for Palestinians.

Quote Originally Posted by Gum View Post
    hahahahaahahaha, SUUUUUUUUUUUUURE. Why dont you go spread your propaganda somewhere else?
    Sorry I read it on another side and had to search for another source later.
    This is no propaganda just important to point out that fanatics of all sides are a problem.