Poll: Which do you agree with most

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What lives matter?

What most closely resembles your thoughts on the matter?
    I rather tank in hell then dps in heaven

Quote Originally Posted by alexor View Post
    what most closely resembles your thoughts on the matter?
    #mylifematters

Deleted
    No lives..

Right to life ends at birth.

How it is - not how it should be.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

This whole topic makes no sense to me. Do people who come up with this shit even want equality at this point or do they just want their cut?

No one who uses a fucking hashtag to preach equality's life matters.
    Get off social media and go do something with your existence.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    This whole topic makes no sense to me. Do people who come up with this shit even want equality at this point or do they just want their cut?

No one who uses a fucking hashtag to preach equality's life matters.
    Get off social media and go do something with your existence.
    Well said

no one matters.

I think it is most likely that no lives matter, but we should behave and make the rule of law as if all lives matter.

maybe give an extra amount of matter to the lives of people who behave as if all lives matter.
    I rather tank in hell then dps in heaven

ITT people debate a topic to death.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taliey View Post
    ITT people debate a topic to death.
    B-but why can't whitelivesmatter? Or asianlivesmatter?
    Black Lives Matter

15+ Year Old Account
    Since people still struggle to understand what #blacklivesmatter means, and why it's not #alllivesmatter:

https://www.reddit.com/comments/3du1qm/

Quote Originally Posted by https://www.reddit.com/comments/3du1qm/
    Imagine that you're sitting down to dinner with your family, and while everyone else gets a serving of the meal, you don't get any. So you say "I should get my fair share." And as a direct response to this, your dad corrects you, saying, "everyone should get their fair share." Now, that's a wonderful sentiment -- indeed, everyone should, and that was kinda your point in the first place: that you should be a part of everyone, and you should get your fair share also. However, dad's smart-ass comment just dismissed you and didn't solve the problem that you still haven't gotten any!

The problem is that the statement "I should get my fair share" had an implicit "too" at the end: "I should get my fair share, too, just like everyone else." But your dad's response treated your statement as though you meant "only I should get my fair share", which clearly was not your intention. As a result, his statement that "everyone should get their fair share," while true, only served to ignore the problem you were trying to point out.

That's the situation of the "black lives matter" movement. Culture, laws, the arts, religion, and everyone else repeatedly suggest that all lives should matter. Clearly, that message already abounds in our society.

The problem is that, in practice, the world doesn't work the way. You see the film Nightcrawler? You know the part where Renee Russo tells Jake Gyllenhal that she doesn't want footage of a black or latino person dying, she wants news stories about affluent white people being killed? That's not made up out of whole cloth -- there is a news bias toward stories that the majority of the audience (who are white) can identify with. So when a young black man gets killed (prior to the recent police shootings), it's generally not considered "news", while a middle-aged white woman being killed is treated as news. And to a large degree, that is accurate -- young black men are killed in significantly disproportionate numbers, which is why we don't treat it as anything new. But the result is that, societally, we don't pay as much attention to certain people's deaths as we do to others. So, currently, we don't treat all lives as though they matter equally.

Just like asking dad for your fair share, the phrase "black lives matter" also has an implicit "too" at the end: it's saying that black lives should also matter. But responding to this by saying "all lives matter" is willfully going back to ignoring the problem. It's a way of dismissing the statement by falsely suggesting that it means "only black lives matter," when that is obviously not the case. And so saying "all lives matter" as a direct response to "black lives matter" is essentially saying that we should just go back to ignoring the problem.

TL;DR: The phrase "Black lives matter" carries an implicit "too" at the end; it's saying that black lives should also matter. Saying "all lives matter" is dismissing the very problems that the phrase is trying to draw attention to.
    Oh, hi.

15+ Year Old Account
    Life only matters if you make it matter.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

I voted Whitelivesmatter because DEY TUK ER JERBS.

Quote Originally Posted by Tragedia View Post
    B-but why can't whitelivesmatter? Or asianlivesmatter?
    And this poster debates a topic that they know nothing about.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

10+ Year Old Account
    That Americans in general have a large problem with police brutality and overreach and black Americans have an even larger problem with the same.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

All lives matter just some more than others.

Deleted
    mine

/10char

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    #mylifematters
    Damn straight my life matters...!

Hey wait, but if you use it, does that mean your life matters too...? Fuck, this just got complicated.

It is all perspective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing matters, the universe is destined to die one way or another and everything that ever was might as well not have happened.

#13andEdgy