Page 72 of 90 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    The bluelit part is correct: the link I gave earlier has a blue post on the topic that spells it out.

But I don't care. Having a single melee swing do 50% of your health pool seems pretty dire, and something Blizz has said they wanted to get away from after Wrath (they didn't, but they said so). It should not be happening often, in any event. If it's not a melee swing, it's probably an AoE, so you're probably better off with Avoidance. The Kazz trinket that nobody likes gives 20% DR against area attacks, trumping even the Heroic Eye at its maximum potential. Ant at least it has the good sense to have Str and Leech on it, not Waste Haste.

It could be useful in niche content, but I don't see this trumping his other options for most content at this time.
    Would imbued or tyrant be better for a second mitigation trinket? Im thinking imbued.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by L Kebess View Post
    It's dishonest to compare it to Second Wind. I'll let someone else explain why.
    Heh, don't hold your breath. I doubt you'll find people waiting around the block to defend this trinket for a Prot Warrior.

Deleted
    Given that the buff applies based on final damage not initial, it is by far one of the strongest trinkets for progression. The amount of healing it does on the later bosses is insane and on one of the hardest tanking fights being Velhari Phase 2 you are having nearly the full effect up at all times.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Is that bad to do generally?
    Not at all. It's pretty decent, in my opinion. The better you know the timing of the boss' mechanics, the better you'll be at timing it, but generally, with all that is going on in the fight, you're better off using it on CD - as long as you're being melee'd, ofc - you have less potential to fail that way. With experience, you'll only get better and at some point, you'll "feel" when to time it, rather than trying to predict it.

The reason for this, is to try to save more Rage for extra Barriers, or in your case HS, since you're going for more DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by L Kebess View Post
    Not at all. It's pretty decent, in my opinion. The better you know the timing of the boss' mechanics, the better you'll be at timing it, but generally, with all that is going on in the fight, you're better off using it on CD - as long as you're being melee'd, ofc - you have less potential to fail that way. With experience, you'll only get better and at some point, you'll "feel" when to time it, rather than trying to predict it.

The reason for this, is to try to save more Rage for extra Barriers, or in your case HS, since you're going for more DPS.
    Yeah. Ive generally watch all of that pretty often. Like if the boss is casting, obviously that is a horrid time to use it. I still generally only use barrier for magic damage. Though it seems week. And given what the mod said, I may just keep my eye on for now and then use the plume when I get it. A dps trinket really is just so much more fun.
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    Given that the buff applies based on final damage not initial, it is by far one of the strongest trinkets for progression. The amount of healing it does on the later bosses is insane and on one of the hardest tanking fights being Velhari Phase 2 you are having nearly the full effect up at all times.
    "Healing"?

Also, I was working under the impression that Zantos wasn't working on progression, strictly speaking, as he's been interested in DPS trinkets. Generally speaking, a tank shouldn't ask about those if he's at risk of death. If I'm mistaken, I apologize.

Deleted

Was from a rank2 Mannoroth Mythic parse, that is with the 4 set barrier for each combo so barrier damage is a little inflated. I think you are seriously going to struggle to get 2.29m worth of reduction from any other trinket. Especially given that even while mastery is to smooth damage intake there will still be an element of burst, however on this trinket that is removed because the reduction is ALWAYS when you need it.

"Healing"?

Also, I was working under the impression that Zantos wasn't working on progression, strictly speaking, as he's been interested in DPS trinkets. Generally speaking, a tank shouldn't ask about those if he's at risk of death. If I'm mistaken, I apologize.
    I am working on progression. Why wouldn't I be? I just haven't been at the risk of death and I monitor that to see if I am. If I feel like I am overwhelmed and near dieing most of the time, I'll switch to tank trinkets. I do always keep one tank trinket on though.

- - - Updated - - -

Was from a rank2 Mannoroth Mythic parse, that is with the 4 set barrier for each combo so barrier damage is a little inflated. I think you are seriously going to struggle to get 2.29m worth of reduction from any other trinket. Especially given that even while mastery is to smooth damage intake there will still be an element of burst, however on this trinket that is removed because the reduction is ALWAYS when you need it.
    Wait, four piece barrier? Do we use only barrier when we get 4 piece during last stand?

Deleted
    No but I'm just saying that the amount its absorbing on that particular parse is a bit inflated due to when I'm using barrier

No but I'm just saying that the amount its absorbing on that particular parse is a bit inflated due to when I'm using barrier
    So, how strong is our 4pc anyway? It seems only worthwhile during last stand.

Deleted
    It's pretty good for the harder fights imo, earlier on its fairly meh. It's how the encounters are designed that actually make it worthwhile, for example;

Tyrant Velhari - Using as you transition from Phase 2 -> 3 to make sure that your health is stable while your Max HP is still increasing. It also means that you will have a last stand available for the last ~7% or so of the bosses health

Manoroth - You can use it during the Glaive Combo to effectively negate any damage you take from it. With block up and a large barrier you can pretty much absorb the entire thing.

Archimonde - Insanely powerful here given that you can use it for every death brand, assuming that you and the other tank are doing 1 each. I can't stress how intense this damage can be, especially given that generally speaking you will have your DPS cleaving to it rather than single targeting it in order to make the various DPS checks throughout the fight.

It's pretty good for the harder fights imo, earlier on its fairly meh. It's how the encounters are designed that actually make it worthwhile, for example;

Tyrant Velhari - Using as you transition from Phase 2 -> 3 to make sure that your health is stable while your Max HP is still increasing. It also means that you will have a last stand available for the last ~7% or so of the bosses health

Manoroth - You can use it during the Glaive Combo to effectively negate any damage you take from it. With block up and a large barrier you can pretty much absorb the entire thing.

Archimonde - Insanely powerful here given that you can use it for every death brand, assuming that you and the other tank are doing 1 each. I can't stress how intense this damage can be, especially given that generally speaking you will have your DPS cleaving to it rather than single targeting it in order to make the various DPS checks throughout the fight.
    Seems it may be worth while using other gear vs 4pc until the harder fights then. Atm I have 2pc from last tier and this tier. Wondering if I should break last tiers 2pc or not since really, it seems like a rather small boost.

Deleted
    Well, for those fights its basically gaining an extra CD. The most useful fight to have the 4P by far is Archimonde imo. I think this illustrates it quite well at the sheer amount of damage you will be taking at that point;

Your barrier will get eaten in seconds so I would say that its near mandatory for that fight

Well, for those fights its basically gaining an extra CD. The most useful fight to have the 4P by far is Archimonde imo. I think this illustrates it quite well at the sheer amount of damage you will be taking at that point;

Your barrier will get eaten in seconds so I would say that its near mandatory for that fight
    I'll need to get 4pc then for the fights that are further in. I may just stick with 2pc until then.

As far as WUE is concerned, I think it is much stronger than some people are giving it credit for.

Ignoring the value of damage reduction throughout the fight, and just treating it as a healing buffer, worst case it is the equivalent of 134k health for my toon (1690 stamina) (mythic version - my gear).

No other trinket is itemized near that budget.

Especially when you look at the "healing" that you see from eddy's posts. For both DTPS and spike reduction nothing else competes.

Quote Originally Posted by booi View Post
    As far as WUE is concerned, I think it is much stronger than some people are giving it credit for.

Ignoring the value of damage reduction throughout the fight, and just treating it as a healing buffer, worst case it is the equivalent of 134k health for my toon (1690 stamina) (mythic version - my gear).

No other trinket is itemized near that budget.

Especially when you look at the "healing" that you see from eddy's posts. For both DTPS and spike reduction nothing else competes.
    Absolutely WUE is amazing. If only I could get my hands on one. My guild has yet to see a heroic one drop in all these weeks, even been coining for it since about week 3 (yay multi helm a bunch).

I'm running Anzu/Tyrant currently, I have the heroic class trinket and am unsure if I should really use it. I find i'm more dependent on the high stamina boost to give more buffer time for my healers to recover, I feel they aren't the strongest and the longer time to react helps a lot as they are very reactionary to damage over proactive. Do trinkets really come down to what you expect of your healers at that point, or am I mistaken and Worldbreaker's is still very useful for me over Tyrant? Are there fights it would be worth using over Anzu if not?

Yeah, I'm still running a pillar with avoidance, and messing with tyrant's a bit. We had a WUE drop, but i threw it to our offspec ret paladince since he had to tank GF for us.

I was highly skeptical of WUE going into this raid, I thought I'd just be using Anzu's + WBR on basically every fight and maybe swap in TD/Rune on fights with low magic damage.

Now it's pretty much my favourite trinket. I don't even mind the haste much, it's not as bad MS for general survivability, it's decent for DPS and it makes your rotation a bit smoother.

Heh, don't hold your breath. I doubt you'll find people waiting around the block to defend this trinket for a Prot Warrior.
    If you're going to argue that it's bad because it's "like Second Wind" you quite frankly have no idea what you're talking about.

SW is a reactive talent which provides you with a minor amount of health when you're already low. In a world where the majority of the actually dangerous tank damage comes in bursts, this talent basically becomes worthless. Even if you drop low enough to actually benefit from the leech, the healing you get from it is fairly likely to be negated by you getting healed up afterwards.

WUE on the other hand is a proactive trinket that prevents damage and even has the capability of outright saving you from damage that would have otherwise killed you with a different trinket equipped. SW provides none of that benefit.

As stated by others before you also do NOT need to already be low for the trinket to be effective. The amount of DR you get from it is based on what your health would be after taking damage, not how high your health was when you took it.

This works perfectly well when you're at risk of dying due to bursty damage, because the trinket reduces up to 15-22% (depending on the ilvl) of that burst.

Eddy has also already explained that the trinket can be a godsend on higher damage fights like M Velhari p2 & 3.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toroq View Post
    I was highly skeptical of WUE going into this raid, I thought I'd just be using Anzu's + WBR on basically every fight and maybe swap in TD/Rune on fights with low magic damage.

Now it's pretty much my favourite trinket. I don't even mind the haste much, it's not as bad MS for general survivability, it's decent for DPS and it makes your rotation a bit smoother.

If you're going to argue that it's bad because it's "like Second Wind" you quite frankly have no idea what you're talking about.

SW is a reactive talent which provides you with a minor amount of health when you're already low. In a world where the majority of the actually dangerous tank damage comes in bursts, this talent basically becomes worthless. Even if you drop low enough to actually benefit from the leech, the healing you get from it is fairly likely to be negated by you getting healed up afterwards.

WUE on the other hand is a proactive trinket that prevents damage and even has the capability of outright saving you from damage that would have otherwise killed you with a different trinket equipped. SW provides none of that benefit.

As stated by others before you also do NOT need to already be low for the trinket to be effective. The amount of DR you get from it is based on what your health would be after taking damage, not how high your health was when you took it.

This works perfectly well when you're at risk of dying due to bursty damage, because the trinket reduces up to 15-22% (depending on the ilvl) of that burst.

Eddy has also already explained that the trinket can be a godsend on higher damage fights like M Velhari p2 & 3.
    The problem with many tanks nowadays is they tend to forget what EH has always meant, and how important it is for a tank. Anyone with even a basic understanding of this will know how powerful such a trinket can be.

Is there a BiS DPS Protection Warrior list or stat values floating around somewhere? I've been skimming through a bunch of pages but had no luck.

Xpariah
    , Protection Warrior
    Xdh, Vengeance Demon Hunter
    Reckoning, Usually Recruiting
    YouTube & Twitch, Warrior & DH Tank PoV