Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

It appears Overwatch has some competition...

If you're familiar with CliffyB, you might have been following his new startup company. They recently announced a game that I couldn't really help but think looked a lot like Overwatch.

I think it's going to be an interesting year next year for these types of shooters, it seems like they are all over the place. This one is calling itself a Shooter MOBA, but really no matter what they call themselves, they all appear to have similar gameplay.

Just seems like a lot of game developers are really banking on this type of game to get big next year.

Also adding:

And this:

Last edited by ro9ue; 2015-08-29 at 08:57 PM.

All video games have a ton of competition.
    I'm not interested at all in this specific type of game, but I know a lot are.
    Hopefully they all do well!
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks great.

Competition is great.

It's good to always have another game you can try out when bored.

That lawbreakers game isn't competition for Overwatch at all. Graphically it looks similar, but that gameplay is more akin to team fortress, because it looks more like they will have load-out style gameplay, where Overwatch focues on heroes with unique abilities, and I know they showed unique things on that trailer, but all those characters looked like they belonged in that scenario, Overwatch is very different in that aspect.

Lawbreakers seems pretty fluid with its movements and abilities with a decent art style but Gigantic hurts my eyes and blackens my soul. I've heard of cartoon graphics but that's like old school RS graphics with the same bit of jerky movements and annoying color scheme.

Deleted
    How is Gigantic competition? It's Windows 10 only and Xbox One exclusive. Gigantic is pretty much dead before it even arrived and im surprised they didn't learn from their Halo 2 fiasco.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dirty Bomb is already a game that is a competitor for Overwatch.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Overwatch is really nothing special no, that said these games, + battleborn seem 10x better than Overwatch at the moment, and if we go by "looks like" then Overwatch actually looks like Battleborn as Battleborn was 5-6 months before OverWatch. (just a sidenote)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    Dirty Bomb is already a game that is a competitor for Overwatch.
    Dirty Bomb is plagued heavily by cheaters and Nexon dosn't do shit about it, people are leaving the game already.

Yeah, I agree Gigantic is a bit too gaudy visually, but I got to play both that and Overwatch at PAX and gameplay wise Gigantic was better. But I'm interested to see how Lawbreakers turns out because I prefer that art style over OW and Gigantic and I have more faith in CliffyB than the others (huge Gears of War fan).

Deleted
    Even though I don't play these kind of games, I must admit that the first one looks pretty fun. Will be interesting to see how it will work out.

I thought this would be about Paladins by HiRez Studios.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I thought this would be about Paladins by HiRez Studios.
    Didn't even hear of that one, but added it to the OP. Looks really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It's pretty much impossible to create a totally unique AAA title at this point. It's not like Overwatch was unique to begin with, soooo...
    Overwatch has - without a doubt - the most original, unique lore out of the threesome, soooo...

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Eternal View Post
    Overwatch has - without a doubt - the most original, unique lore out of the threesome, soooo...
    It's a fast paced multiplayer fps, as if the story matters anywhere but on paper...

Deleted
    Uhm.. that's your personal opinion. For me, half-assed pixar movie has a better story than Overwatch... Hey opinions.

For me, it's between Paladins and Overwatch. I like these two different approaches (especially Paladin's big open maps).

Deleted
    Please, nexon has such a bad reputation with their games, this will be no different at all, i'll take a pass on this as it'll likely end up P2W...like combat arms. Not only that but dirty bomb has already been destroyed because they refused to do anything about the problems the game had, mainly cheaters and it hasnt even left beta yet..
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2015-08-31 at 01:18 AM.

I only wish they stuck to the original idea so that lore would actually have some significance

10+ Year Old Account
    Lawbreakers looks cool and interesting. Battleborn?

Not really. Looks like a mix of Firefall art style with Overwatch ish.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Wait are you telling me there's more than one FPS game on the market?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.