Quote Originally Posted by Icoblablubb View Post
    so fanboy's is bad but being a hater is good? kk
    Im not hating, I'm "disliking".

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Overmind View Post
    Of course Game mechanics -> lore.

Atleast Ill not make a night elf male and call him XXIllidanXX
    I can agree his quotes are somewhat awesome.

Fine I am convinced, he does have some good sides, Look (His artwork anyway, his ingame model is meh), quotes, finally being a character thats way too powerful and always win or some shit. What I seem to get pissed at are unreasonable fanboy's, but every fanbase has this (My cousing tends to call me the biggest hipster in the world since I really dont like things with a big fanbase. There are some exceptions but they are not many.), and this is something I really need to learn.
    Well, of course, it's ok if you don't like a character. And sometimes it is annoying if you dislike something so much that others like it equally much and that can make you hate that thing even more, which I suspect is what's happening right here. Hopefully Illidan will play a large role and that we can see more sides of him. Wait til then and you may come to like him.

Lol'd at xxillidanxx, I can already see the 13year olds locking it :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Cannot wait for people exploiting this to throw out some sexist comment, since the OP "gave out" her gender.
    It would be sexist whether you knew OP was a female or not. No reason to connect "whiny" with "bitch"(=female). Men whine equally.

Eh. Your issues with Sylvanas, the only character that still has a story going at this point are what makes this thread entirely useless.

Yes he is over rated, has been since he died. Doesnt need another topic, your opinions are not original as he's been over rated since TBC and he's been loved/hated ever since.
    "They will come for us now, all of them" "Let them come, Frostmourne The Banshee Queen hungers."

out of the box
    I lost it here, you win OP.

But seriously, what's wrong with liking pathetic failures? Many of the best characters in all sorts of stories are exactly that.

Is it so wrong to like a character that fits a whole bunch of stereotypical elves in fantasy?

It's sort of similar to disliking pop culture because it's pop culture instead of disliking it because you truly don't dislike it. Just wanting to be "cool" for disliking something everyone else likes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

So people like the feature of weakeness aswell, interesting.

I seem to be blinded, I usually just like the people that have power.
    Prehaps I went overboard with the post, but then Again I'm also known as the special snowflake on the EU forums so maybe it's not such of a big suprise

Prehaps I went overboard with the post, but then Again I'm also known as the special snowflake on the EU forums so maybe it's not such of a big suprise
    isnt your biggest issue began when you saw a thread Illidan vs Mannoroth???

It's the Superman concept.

As most comic book readers usually agree on, Superman alone, is USUALLY boring as fuck to read, because he has no weaknesses. They have to create ones for him, and weaknesses that we can somewhat relate to so that we can feel connected to the character and feel attached to the storyline.

Inb4 bringing up All-Star Supes and Red Son Supes (thanks we get it).

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I insullting anyone by calling them sons of bitches or anything? No I'm not.
    How am I the villain here? Im voicing an opinion, it's a figure of free speech, the right everyone else here has, I am just curious as to why people like this crybaby
    Never said you didnt have the right to express an opinion. Its just how you portrayed it. Your post came off very whiny, and a lot of examples you gave are personal opinions and have no correspondence with actual lore. I find Illidan quite overrated as well, however I didnt write a wall of whiny, pathetic text to try and convince people of your bias and nonsense views.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    whoa dude its her opinion.respect women.thats not a way to talk to a lady.
    Go back to facebook if you want coerce women with your neckbeard SJW accusations. Bitch.

PS. I call all genders bitch as a form of weak-mindeness. Has nothing to do with OP being a woman. Didn't even read that far down the post LOL
    Last edited by kajeet18; 2015-08-31 at 09:16 PM.

Armory: Gulokar Guild Website:

Illidan stormrage, the biggest crybaby in the world, what the fuck does people find appealing about this pathetic character?
    Because people see themselves in them, while at the same time being able to have cool demonic horns, wings and powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Cannot wait for people exploiting this to throw out some sexist comment, since the OP "gave out" her gender.
    Men are called bitches constantly, how is this different? Move along white knight, your services are not needed here

Ah the classic " Can't we all agree that" statement that is like OMG MY OPINION IS BEST AND YOURS IS WRONG WAHH WAHHH

10+ Year Old Account
    Based on everything in the OPs post I'm convinced you paid absolutely no attention to, or perhaps didnt even play WC3 and you only dislike the character because you know he's a favorite among a lot of fans.

3edgy5me imoutahere

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcon View Post
    Based on everything in the OPs post I'm convinced you paid absolutely no attention to, or perhaps didnt even play WC3 and you only dislike the character because you know he's a favorite among a lot of fans.

3edgy5me imoutahere
    Thats the jist of the post I got. OP doesnt have a clue what she's talking about.

Armory: Gulokar Guild Website:

Deleted
    I personally think Thrall is overrated (though I like him very much)

10+ Year Old Account
    100% disagree, your reasons for 'not' like him is very twisted words that are presented that way to show him as 'bad' as possible
    for me illidan is my most fav wow char, the only thing bad in his story is his 'undeath' status that he became demon and demons can't die in our world
    'half' baked u can say but isn't really stretch, we know illidan is demon since wc3 time, and we learned that demons never die outside the twisting neither since ages, it was more or less we didn't add 1+1
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

If Illidan was strong enough to overcome his first trials he wouldn't have had to keep seeking greater power, and giving up pieces of himself/his "humanity" in the process. And if that process never happened I doubt he would be as popular as he is. I feel to some degree this mirrors Arthas' path and that is why they are both as popular as they are. Something about the arduous and "dehumanizing" journey makes characters sympathetic, and for that to happen the character(s) need to fail and even potentially fall. Hell, even his attempts to impress Tyrande make him more relatable, regardless of how poorly they turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    100% disagree, your reasons for 'not' like him is very twisted words that are presented that way to show him as 'bad' as possible
    for me illidan is my most fav wow char, the only thing bad in his story is his 'undeath' status that he became demon and demons can't die in our world
    'half' baked u can say but isn't really stretch, we know illidan is demon since wc3 time, and we learned that demons never die outside the twisting neither since ages, it was more or less we didn't add 1+1
    the main reason she wrote that is because of that thread Illidan vs Mannoroth.she was pissed off.

It's not his fault, it's ours. We still aren't prepared

But I'm glad he's back. I really enjoyed his character in WC3, but TBC didn't really conclude his story very well.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.