Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouzon View Post
    "According to a New York City traffic study, 80% of all auto accidents that kill or seriously injure pedestrians involve male drivers. According to a study by Quality Planning, an insurance statistics company, female drivers were also 27% less likely to be found at fault when involved in an accident. These statistics tend to hold true no matter where you look. "
    If you think there aren't any confounding factors with the bolded portions that make it unwise to extrapolate to the entire set of car accidents everywhere, then I have no trouble seeing how you were taken in by the ANROWS stats pamphlet, and I have a bridge you may be interested in owning.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    ANROWS own description is...

ANROWS is an independent, not-for-profit research organisation established to produce evidence to support the reduction of violence against women and their children
    First off, a whole lot is presumed here.

So violence against women is assumed to be a unique problem beyond just mere violence endemic to society. Also they exist to gather evidence to support a foregone conclusion. Not exactly a trustworthy institution.

Second, as others have stated, the nature of DV bias and assumption easily produces bad results.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    That is actually one of the most peculiar things to come out of todays third wave Tumblr inspired movement.

Sexuality is something your born with, UNTIL your a man in which case what your attracted to is a choice, engineered by society and we can change it. Conveniently we can change it so all boys, particularly hot boys that remind us of the boys from Free! (Yes I'm hella into that swimming anime trash), can have what they find attractive re-written so the fat frumpy grumpy dumpy girls who have a "fatitude," shirt will be their dream girl.
    I Am having trouble finding out if your joking lol.

But no in all seriousness sex ed in alberta and central canada is now aimed at grade 4

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    I Am having trouble finding out if your joking lol.

But no in all seriousness sex ed in alberta and central canada is now aimed at grade 4
    I kinda am, but I'm also referencing a friend who is a tumblr-tard and a half.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I kinda am, but I'm also referencing a friend who is a tumblr-tard and a half.
    I Didn't know we were friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DisposableHero View Post
    If you think there aren't any confounding factors with the bolded portions that make it unwise to extrapolate to the entire set of car accidents everywhere, then I have no trouble seeing how you were taken in by the ANROWS stats pamphlet, and I have a bridge you may be interested in owning.
    Ugh this was meant to be a funny little side-track. If you actually read what I said you'd see that this data seems to hold true for car statistics the world over, I just happened to link one out of hundreds of studies in case someone asked for a source.

And for you and the other guy who can't seem to understand that the ANROWS infographic is not their own material, but the material of the Australian Bureau of Statistics, just take the information from any other site!

Here it all is again.. but *spooky* it's got a different name on it now even though it's the same cold hard facts...

http://www.domesticviolence.com.au/p...statistics.php

And here it is all again on the Australian institute of crime website, another conspiracy?

http://aic.gov.au/crime_types/violence/domestic.html

Forgive my sarcasm and exasperation, but this is why I outlined the 3 indisputable facts earlier. To demonstrate that it doesn't matter where the data is posted, it is always the same. Because the source is the same, and it is statistically verified without bias.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DisposableHero View Post
    1) I assume you have a source for the above.

2) How many Australian men year to date have committed suicide and how many of those were driven to do so by the emotional abuse of their female partners? Do you suppose this question has ever been the subject of a study? Women and men are different, they will enact their cruelties in different ways.

3) How many Australian men do you suppose are currently incarcerated for domestic violence initiated by a female partner?

It is intellectually dishonest to pretend men are doing the "vast bulk of the damage" when governments under feminist influence refuse to study a subject thoroughly after they have found a way to frame the discussion that fits a feminist narrative.
    Sure. Here are the women... http://www.theguardian.com/global/ng-interactive/2015/mar/17/these-women-are-not-statistics-deaths-in-australia-in-2015

The list has 62 women on it as it it's a few days out-of-date. Another woman was killed by her partner earlier this week.

I don't have statistics on the other points the way you've worded them would make it incredibly hard to get statistics on. You could explore the logic further by asking how many women, children etc have also committed suicide due to emotional abuse of partners and parents but you'd be in extremely muddy waters.

Your last sentence hints towards almost some kind of female conspiracy theory in which the the government is under a 'feminist influence'. I question your understanding of what feminism actually is with a statement like that. I say this in an absolutely respectful way, but feminism is not some kind of sisterhood of banshees that's out to get you and strip you of your manhood and rights, if that's what you are worried about.

Perhaps a better way to think about it is to imagine yourself with a daughter. Now, think about the kind of world you'd like for her to live in. Yes, there are fanatics and feminazis and cruel, hurtful women out there, you may have even been hurt by one yourself, and who knows, your own daughter might become one! But by and large, feminism has, and continues all of the time to make this world a better, safer place for our own mothers and daughters.

- - - Updated - - -

Gotta get back to work so I'm off. Thanks for the discussion, guys. It would be interesting to get some female perspective, but quite honesty if I were a woman, I don't think I'd be reading a thread titled 'Modern Day Feminism is Toxic', so it's kind of understandable.

Stopped reading at "SJW." If you have something intelligent to say, say it intelligently.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

Quote Originally Posted by Xar226 View Post
    Stopped reading at "SJW." If you have something intelligent to say, say it intelligently.
    I have to say, it's fun actually seeing a term go from not widely used, to a joke, to something people attempt to dismiss because they dislike its use.

Didn't expect to see it happen over teh course of a couple years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xar226 View Post
    You stopped reading at an abbreviation well sucks for you the world is full of them.

They even abbreviate As soon as posible A.s.a.p to ASAP, and say it faster.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    "SJW's" (Christ I hate that fucking phrase) are going to "win".
    Squeaky wheel get's the oil and all.
    squeaky wheel gets beaten with a hammer until it runs quietly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    You stopped reading at an abbreviation well sucks for you the world is full of them.

They even abbreviate As soon as posible A.s.a.p to ASAP, and say it faster.
    I assume they were making a joke on how frequently posters at tiems like to rant about social justice warriors and the way people tend to 'discuss' (to stretch the definition) their points. SJW for some people may as well read "crazy person" as somewhere near the point (either the subject of the writing or the author writing).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Feminsits have had a more toxic impact on society than misogynists? You heard it here folks.
    yeah see batman you have to stop seeing MRA as synonymous with misogynist - i know its hard, because you have internalised the dogma that opposition to feminism automatically means hatred of feminism - You should also stop seeing feminism as synonymous with women - only about 30% of women identify as feminists after all - and why bother, he stopped reading after MRA.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Eh, also believe in about as close to equal as possible. That also includes harsher sentencing for women and taking away SElectuve service for men ( or adding for women)
    Harsher sentencing for women? Removing selective service for men? What kind of service? And how is this equality?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dren The Black View Post
    Personally, I lean more toward egalitarianism than feminism or meninism; however, I do believe there are distinct biological differences between genders which generally make us better suited for some roles but not always.
    Ah, the genes again... I don't understand that argument. I'm less of "equal right for everyone" than "merits above all else". If I own a business and want to hire someone, I'll hire the best person I can possibly find for the cheapest wage I can negotiate. And I won't care one bit if it's male or female. Talking about genes is just so out of place if you think like that.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Harsher sentencing for women? Removing selective service for men? What kind of service? And how is this equality?
    Women don't get lighter sentences simply for being women. And either women have to be prepared to fight in a crisis to vote. Or men no longer have to.

That's actual equality. We all benefit together or we all suffer together.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Women don't get lighter sentences simply for being women. And either women have to be prepared to fight in a crisis to vote. Or men no longer have to.

That's actual equality. We all benefit together or we all suffer together.
    No, that's actual stupidity. Why do get women lighter sentences, for crimes? That shouldn't happen.

But military fighting? Fuck no, keep them out of combat units. A battlefield is not the right place to prove that a 5"2 woman can climb the same obstacle that a 6"5 bloke can. Especially not when you have the enemy on your heels and bullets flying around.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    No, that's actual stupidity. Why do get women lighter sentences, for crimes? That shouldn't happen.

But military fighting? Fuck no, keep them out of combat units. A battlefield is not the right place to prove that a 5"2 woman can climb the same obstacle that a 6"5 bloke can. Especially not when you have the enemy on your heels and bullets flying around.
    Emh, you don't really want too tall people in the military, as being taller makes stuff harder. Special forces are mostly average height.

Quote Originally Posted by Dren The Black View Post
    Look, you're missing the point. Equality means you have equality in the eyes of the law. You're saying we should all be equal socially. Well, I don't want a government that enforces social norms. It would take too much power from the individual and the people as a whole to grow, change, explore new ideas, and possibilities. Look at any communist country, and tell me if that's how you want to live because that's the type of society that enforces social equality.
    No, I think you're misunderstanding. That would be equality of outcome, which I'm not arguing for (not that there exists any communist society to this date, but that is another topic).
    Last edited by Dezerte; 2015-09-24 at 10:54 AM.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jon234 View Post
    As per title feminism is nothing like it was back in the 60s sjws and feminists are pushing hard to get everything on a silver platter and then some while blaming men if it doesn't work out. The wage gap they keep arguing about is a myth as well as wage equality if they want to get payed for the same stuff a man does go out and show the world you can earn it.
    And just random complaining about the dumbest 'gender' discrimination tactics they can find like target and childrens toys. And its seeping into the schools now.
    Discuss how bad modern feminism and the sjws are im curious on others opinions
    You'll appreciate this video I'm sure:

10+ Year Old Account
    feminazis can go to wherever they want i don't give a flying fuck but i support HUMAN rights. i hope females consider themselves human too so we have no issues here.

quick edit : that video above me said it better than i would. watch it.
    Last edited by Huntermyth; 2015-09-24 at 10:44 AM.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.