Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably because they are becoming more affluent and less willing to give money to the poor, which used to be them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I blame the internet tbh... and television. If more people were bored more people would be out there on the streets kicking ass and demanding more.
    Marx thought religion was the opiate of the masses, but then TV got invented.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

7+ Year Old Account

More and more people living in poverty.

That stuff would've caused some seriously threatening protests back in the 60ies to 70ies. Occupy Wall Street was rather tame, but the governing generation still were terrified of the Occupy Movement (just look at the massive amount of Riot police they decided to mobilize), and that they do everything to infiltrate and investigate said movements, because they still remember the protests of their own generation and how they changed a lot of things.

I blame the internet tbh... and television. If more people were bored more people would be out there on the streets kicking ass and demanding more.
    Poverty is going down overall and in the US there are programs to help poor people.

Oh and Occupy Wall Street was a joke. Arent you the one who said you were from an ultra rich crime family? Shouldn't you be out protesting them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    And yet the left constantly attempts to do the same such as forcing their definition of the confederate flag onto people, saying it represents racism, when a lot of people define it as state's rights. And maybe you disagree with that analogy, but a lot of people think that analogy has a ton of merit, and so when you then force your opinions of flags onto everyone but say we cant force our opinions of marriage on everyone, ...

1. the confederate flag
    2. school lunch menus
    3. christmas
    4. the banning of religion
    5. health care
    6. where parents are allowed to send their kids to school
    7. the maximum allowed size of a soda

The whole "states rights" canard about the Confederate flag is simply a way to excuse and lie out of the real reason some support it. That flag was the symbol of states that went to war for slavery, or for states to have the right to do what? To vote for slavery. It's a cover for racism and white supremacy, plain and simple.

I really don't know why Southern morons haven't gotten over the war that happened 150 years ago and they lost, other than they're still racist.

Forcing your opinions of marriage re: gays on people is forcing your religious beliefs on them.

Banning religion? How so? From being taught in schools means separating church and state. If you want your kid to learn about a religion, you have the right to teach them the religion of your choice, like in a church. Public schools are not the place to teach that, they are for education in other areas.
    Last edited by Caolela; 2015-09-28 at 05:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Poverty is going down overall and in the US there are programs to help poor people.

Oh and Occupy Wall Street was a joke. Arent you the one who said you were from an ultra rich crime family? Shouldn't you be out protesting them?
    Um.... The poverty rate is over 16% now and RISING last I checked, not going down.

And I would rather people be paid enough not to live in poverty from their jobs so they don't need to rely on those programs or charity.

Occupy Wall Street was a perfect example of how to get rid of something that is a threat to your business. Just ignore it. For the most part the news almost completely ignored it except to show the biggest crack pots they could find and that was about it. Many people honestly didn't even know it was going on.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    People change their politics as time goes on, it's uncommon for someone to keep the same politics all their life.
    Been a Independent since I was 18 and I am now almost 55. I chose to be independent in order to not be behold to a party or a label. I vote for the person that best represent my points of view and always have. I don't care if they have an R or a D or any other letter in front of their name. All I care about is they are capable of doing the job and have a track record that proves they are who they are. Anyone that votes for a party is simply a fool and are more part of the problems that plague this nation and have done so for a very long time.

I have probably voted in more Democrats than Republican, I am not sure, but I have never ever voted a straight ticket in all my years of voting. I think its very lazy of many to flip a switch and pull the lever and turn around and walk out without really putting forth the effort to pick the right person, because they were told to vote for a party, because the party as a whole will take care of them and have their backs. When that could be further from the truth.

Narrow minded people will always and forever vote along a party line. Those like me put the time into making sure who I am voting for is actually the best person for the job. I put the time in to do my research and constantly keep myself informed and I absolutely don't believe everything I see on TV or read in various publications. I do my own looking to even make sure the media got it right, because all of them have their own agendas they loved to push to make people vote for one person over another, even if the one they are backing is a scumbag.

If one does not bother to be informed or stay informed and come up with their own conclusion on who is the best people for these prospective jobs, then they might as well not even bother to vote. The are going to do far more harm than good and the cycle of stupid will just keep on going. We have the government we have because people vote based on a party and a label, instead of based on the individual that is best suited for the job. If all who vote actually put in the effort and time in pick their selection for office this government would actually function far better than it currently does.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Um.... The poverty rate is over 16% now and RISING last I checked, not going down.

And I would rather people be paid enough not to live in poverty from their jobs so they don't need to rely on those programs or charity.

Occupy Wall Street was a perfect example of how to get rid of something that is a threat to your business. Just ignore it. For the most part the news almost completely ignored it except to show the biggest crack pots they could find and that was about it. Many people honestly didn't even know it was going on.
    I said poverty overall, it's way down. Check out the UN Millenium goal results or watch the vid below.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n5DZF7YvwwM

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Marx thought religion was the opiate of the masses, but then TV got invented.
    Hence my avatar.

/30dumbsheepsaidbaaa

I said poverty overall, it's way down. Check out the UN Millenium goal results or watch the vid below.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n5DZF7YvwwM
    Are you talking about globally? I can see it going down globally as we are pulling more people in 3rd world countries out of it than we are plunging into it locally due to the exchange rate and standard of living in those areas.

But nationally, it is going UP overall.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Are you talking about globally? I can see it going down globally as we are pulling more people in 3rd world countries out of it than we are plunging into it locally due to the exchange rate and standard of living in those areas.

But nationally, it is going UP overall.
    Nationally it will fluctuate year to year, depending on which year and nation. I'm more interested in the big picture long term trends and things are improving by most metrics.

Nationally it will fluctuate year to year, depending on which year and nation. I'm more interested in the big picture long term trends and things are improving by most metrics.
    From what I can read, the long term trend is that the rate of poverty has been growing since something like the 70's.

7+ Year Old Account
    I recall that the global numbers on wealth only showed an increase because of China, everywhere else it was decreasing.

China, greatest contributor to UN Millenium goals
    China accounts for 100% of the reduction in the number of the world's people living in poverty

China paying a few hundred million people $1.25 / hour instead of $1 caused that global increase, despite the rest of the world showing rising poverty.
    So ignore it because China doesn't matter? Even if we focus on Western civ, poverty isn't a big problem. If you really want a revolution why don't you start with your rich crime family?

So ignore it because China doesn't matter? Even if we focus on Western civ, poverty isn't a big problem. If you really want a revolution why don't you start with your rich crime family?
    Wait, you are trying to completely ignore a major national issue because of a global trend that is being completely carried by china?
    Last edited by Fugus; 2015-09-28 at 05:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Curious as to whats the income level cutoff to be immune to this new revolution. Because uh...I have holes to dig.

7+ Year Old Account
    All I've to do is wait until I inherit it all... Give it 15-25 years.

After that, plenty of resources to get some heads rolling, politically or otherwise.
    You're going to buy a lot of guns?

7+ Year Old Account
    This is very off-topic now, but I already own plenty of those.

On topic I'll repeat Fugus' words: You are trying to completely ignore a major national issue because of a global trend that is being completely carried by china? Seems a bit out of character for you to suddenly be such a wordly individual and not caring about national interests.
    lol okay, I wasn't sure if you were anti-gun like most Europeans.

I'm seeing Western poverty rates around 15%. I don't know what the solutions are to get that to 0 but I don't see it as anything requiring radical political changes.

lol okay, I wasn't sure if you were anti-gun like most Europeans.

I'm seeing Western poverty rates around 15%. I don't know what the solutions are to get that to 0 but I don't see it as anything requiring radical political changes.
    I would say forcing companies to pay above poverty wages would be a huge thing for it and if they won't go that route, we would have to go either negative income tax or basic income and force their hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    Hence my avatar.

/30dumbsheepsaidbaaa
    Don't worry, it's steadily being replaced by new media anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firespark View Post
    Why are Americans so obsessed with "liberals" and "conservatives"/republicans and democrats?
    Because our election cycle is rigged to be a competition between teams. It's kind of fucking stupid, but it's not gonna change.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Basic income, I think, would be the best way to go.
    Same, could do away with all other forms of welfare and it would be the only true way to a free market economy for workers where if the companies don't do right by them, they literally have the option of walking away and doing without.

So even if you aren't working, you still have a way to survive. The biggest thing at that point would be making sure the costs for necessities stayed under control, otherwise you will see the costs of rent in even the worst areas approach the basic income as the minimum or higher which would pretty much defeat the purpose.