Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Isolyphic View Post
    Level 90 Talents:

Quick Aim - Removes the Cast Time of your Aimed Shot
    Enchanted Arrow - Your Aimed Shot now deals nature damage.
    Breathless Aim - Your Aimed Shot critical hits refund 10 focus.
    What about:
    - Quick Aim: Removes cast time of your Aimed Shot.
    - Special Munitions: Revamped talent. Your choice of munition changes not the autoshots, but the nature of your Aimed Shot, making it cause fire damage and hit several enemies; cause poison damage and DoT on target, or cause frost damage and slow target.
    - Breathless Aim: Aimed Shot critical hits refund 10 focus, and your Steady Shots have a (20%?) chance to make your next Aimed Shot instant and cost no focus.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I hope not. I think casting Aimed Shot is essential to capture the feel of a great sniper aiming before delivering a powerful blow.

I could see, however, they changing MM's rotation so Aimed Shot becomes more of a CD skill than our main focus dump (just love the idea of carefully aiming actually doing a HUGE amount of damage). Or they could put a talent row that changes Aimed Shot in several ways, one of them by removing its casting time.
    I mean, right now, Aimed Shot is casted baseline, but Chimera Shot hits way harder. Aimed Shot isn't even a "powerful blow" at the moment, MM's hardest nuke isn't a shot with a cast time.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    I mean, right now, Aimed Shot is casted baseline, but Chimera Shot hits way harder. Aimed Shot isn't even a "powerful blow" at the moment, MM's hardest nuke isn't a shot with a cast time.
    Yes, that's why I could see them making Aimed Shot our hard-hitting skill with a CD and change our focus dump to something else.

Personally, I hate Chimaera Shot because it feels disjointed from the spec's "fantasy". It's a poorly-defined ability it's there just because we need a hard-hitting skill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, in Cata we had arcane shot in MM, so you could do AiS initially then swap to arcane shot as a focus dump outside of careful aim.
    Tired of ElvUI and its various clones?

Try one of these:

Altz UI
    // RealUI // KaitUI // ls: UI

10+ Year Old Account
    New sniper training buff - *Now reduces cast time on Aimed shot by 100%* (because who needs to aim when you've stood still for a solid 3 seconds?). This is after they make sniper training a passive and make the new mastery something cool like fire volley quiver of death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArclightRL View Post
    New sniper training buff - *Now reduces cast time on Aimed shot by 100%* (because who needs to aim when you've stood still for a solid 3 seconds?). This is after they make sniper training a passive and make the new mastery something cool like fire volley quiver of death
    I actually like this idea.
    Tired of ElvUI and its various clones?

Try one of these:

Altz UI
    // RealUI // KaitUI // ls: UI

It will be really hard for me to play this class next expansion if its not.

I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being an early passive on the artifact bow but with some small additional bonus to make it seem new.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Belichick View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised. I can't remember what tier # it was, but when they doubled the focus output of Steady/Cobra shot, it made hunter play more fluid and they made it baseline come next expansion.
    Fluid?
    You mean, it makes the class dumb? Why even have a resource when they double the regen of it?

Whatever they do with MM i hope it includes an increase in the skill ceiling, or hell even giving it a skill ceiling would be a nice change.

A monkey could competently play MM the way it is right now.

I know the majority of the WOW population plays Hunter but come on.

Change Aimed Shot's and Chimaera Shots roles in rotation - fixed. AS with CD, cast time and shitloads of damage, CS with no CD, no cast time and less damage.

7+ Year Old Account
    I highly doubt it, if they did, what reason would the actual 4 piece be a thing then?

Quote Originally Posted by DeiVias View Post
    Whatever they do with MM i hope it includes an increase in the skill ceiling, or hell even giving it a skill ceiling would be a nice change.

A monkey could competently play MM the way it is right now.

I know the majority of the WOW population plays Hunter but come on.
    If its so easy why you no have all the r1 parses? Like any class it is difficult to play at the highest level. At the same time having 15+k people parsing against on heroic (3+k on mythic dwarfing the second most played class, mage) will push the players to drive the best performance just because there are more people to compete against and more people playing the class well driving up the skill cap. Comparing skill caps is an argument you cant give any quantitative data on so it is impossible to fairly judge.

I know it has been said before, but this is one of those tier sets that really changes the entire feel of the spec, I know so many hunters who refused to play MM because of how "Slow" the spec felt with the long cast times of Aimed Shot. It really feels as if the MM spec should have it that way, its more fluid and it makes a lot of sense with the Careful Aim buff, how many times can you all remember seeing an add or mob at 100%, swapping to it ASAP, only to have it go under 80% before Aimed finished.... /tears

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Level 90 Talents:

Great options. I also liked another poster's idea of lowering the cast time on Aimed Shot via Sniper Training. I could go for a bleed like MM had for a while; Aimed crits cause a bleed, e.g. Or a trade off: instant Aimed Shots that do less dmg or casted Aimed Shots that do full dmg. For add fights, go instant to get the Careful Aim bonus. For single-target, casted shots.

Heck, let's go wild. No cap on Aimed Shot cast time. The longer you stand still and aim, the more dmg your shot does. If SV is getting the most spec overhaul ever, why not completely overhaul MM, too?

Level 90 Talents:

Ehh, not so sure about these.

Each tier of talents offers pretty varied options that assist in different scenarios. I can see all of these being lumped into one talent, but not individual talents of the same tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Fluid?
    You mean, it makes the class dumb? Why even have a resource when they double the regen of it?
    Did you play a spec like SV/MM before Dragon Soul when they doubled the regen with the set bonus? Cause it was clunky.

Keep in mind, Focus was a new system in Cata. I don't consider that change "dumbing down" the spec, but tweaking it until they finally got it right. They basically just beta tested it with the DS set bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by deatzh View Post
    If its so easy why you no have all the r1 parses? Like any class it is difficult to play at the highest level. At the same time having 15+k people parsing against on heroic (3+k on mythic dwarfing the second most played class, mage) will push the players to drive the best performance just because there are more people to compete against and more people playing the class well driving up the skill cap. Comparing skill caps is an argument you cant give any quantitative data on so it is impossible to fairly judge.
    ^ This.

I play three classes right now; hunter (main), warrior and rogue. None are remarkably more difficult than the other to play properly, not to say they are all on complete parity, but there is not a vast difference between them like some people want to make out.

Hunter is by far the most represented class on warcraftlogs, so when you see a hunter parsing top 10, heck even top 50, know that they are likely playing the class at a higher level than someone of another less represented class parsing at the same rank. Most of the class/specs are fairly similar in that correct play is pretty simple and it's the small tweaks and smart mid fight choices with cooldown and ability usage that distinguish the better players.

Obligatory ranks != skill post.

High parsing means that player tunneled and padded, usually ignoring some mechanics or normal assignments. Either the raid knew and allowed it (i.e.
    farm fight, it's Fred's turn to rank...), or the player scumbagged.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazezoku View Post
    I highly doubt it, if they did, what reason would the actual 4 piece be a thing then?
    none, but who would be negatively affected?