Poll: Who should lead the middle east countries.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

How should the middle east be handled, once it becomes stable?

So with the middle east being most of the news, and hearing how many diffrent countries want to handle it, I've come to wonder what should be done after isis is actually pushed back.
    So far the current choices I'm aware that most countries from the west believe that A) the rebels should be given a chance to raise thier countries to power.
    Meanwhile Russia and I'm sure other countries want B)Asad to remain as thier dictator(?).
    However I purpose a third option, which i know is very very unlikely and that is countries that are so unstable end up becoming a type of U.N controled coutrry, governed by eastern(china,japan,south korea) and weasten countries. So given the track record of these options, I wonder what the mmo champion community thinks.

I personally may not understand politics fully but I honestly believe B and C are the safest options. Some countries can't focus without a Dictacor but at the same time I think that if a group of allied and like minded countries controlled the countries they could slowly shape it to a somewhat stable zone. again this is just my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Strip it of any noteworthy historical artifacts then leave it the fuck alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Colonia powers drew the borders in the Middle east about 100 years ago, their goal was to create weak states that had a lot of internal conflict so these weak states would be easy to rule over.

So let's redraw the borders. Assad, the Russians and Shiites can keep Damascus. Saudi Arabia, Sunni Arabs gets all the Sunni Arabs in East Syria and all the Sunni Arabs in West Iraq. Saudi Arabia is rich and the new land would make for a strong stable country.

Maybe Southern Iraq goes to Iran, Shiites with Shiites.

And the Kurds get the Kurd area from Iraq, Syria and Turkey.

Stability all around.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Other: nuke the whole region from orbit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Colonia powers drew the borders in the Middle east about 100 years ago, their goal was to create weak states that had a lot of internal conflict so these weak states would be easy to rule over.

So let's redraw the borders. Assad, the Russians and Shiites can keep Damascus. Saudi Arabia, Sunni Arabs gets all the Sunni Arabs in East Syria and all the Sunni Arabs in West Iraq. Saudi Arabia is rich and the new land would make for a strong stable country.

Maybe Southern Iraq goes to Iran, Shiites with Shiites.

And the Kurds get the Kurd area from Iraq, Syria and Turkey.

Stability all around.
    Too bad none of them would agree to any of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Too bad none of them would agree to any of that.
    I'm sure the rich ones would agree with it, but the probably comes down to who would keep people in check.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on how it was stabilized. Was it space aliens, a genie or unicorns?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Depends on how it was stabilized. Was it space aliens, a genie or unicorns?
    the obvious....soldiers were deployed, people we killed and sacrifice, all the terroist leaders are in prision or killed.

The remaining leaders are the best hope. Shit only hits the fan there once someone intervenes.
    For instance, West topples Gaddafi.. Islamists, West funds rebels against Assad.. ISIS. US funds anti-Soviet rebels in Afghanistan.. Taliban.
    I really doubt that as long as Abrahamic religions rule in that area, that peace is possible. But a strong dictator can keep the rabid fanatics in check.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowspire View Post
    the obvious....soldiers were deployed, people we killed and sacrifice, all the terroist leaders are in prision or killed.
    Yea... but we know that wont work. You can't kill enough people to make the ones left alive like you. So it has to be magic of some sort.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    So, if it is stable, why should you handle the M.E.? Shouldn't leave it the fuck alone if shit fall into place and things get stable?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Yea... but we know that wont work. You can't kill enough people to make the ones left alive like you. So it has to be magic of some sort.
    Well this isn't about being liked, it's about how you think the countries should be ran after the bloodiness is all said and done.

It'll never be stable, much like all these religious countries that have been fighting each other for centuries, {millennias?}

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urok View Post
    So, if it is stable, why should you handle the M.E.? Shouldn't leave it the fuck alone if shit fall into place and things get stable?
    I'm saying the terroist are gone. the fighting is over but countires are in ruin and people need leadership, a goverment needs to be reinstated and the question to you is, who should lead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khalus View Post
    It'll never be stable, much like all these religious countries that have been fighting each other for centuries, {millennias?}
    it's a what if scenario bro. and technically the world has been given chances, but has not made the right choices, so the question is if you could choose, which option would you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowspire View Post
    I'm saying the terroist are gone. the fighting is over but countires are in ruin and people need leadership, a goverment needs to be reinstated and the question to you is, who should lead.
    If that's the case, the people who live there appoint their leaders.

I choose the genie option. Not sure what type of magic that is, but it will be more real than any kind of "peace" in the middle east. Probably the best way to go is to get a coalition of states erect a big 200 m wall around the middle east, including Israel and then put SAM batteries and troops around it and then just kill anything that tries to leave. There will be fighting n blood for sure, but imagine if we just let them do their shit. Eventually Israel will just conquer everyone and murder the shit out of them into submission and prove to everyone we were always on the wrong side. Not our problem though, happened on the other side of the fence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Just like other regions, let its people to solve their own problems without the intervention from superpowers may yield the best result despite a painful process.
    However it is impossible, just like Ukraine, Angola, Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya etc. Another sacrifice in a game played by superpowers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    Other: nuke the whole region from orbit.
    Not a option, will cause nuclear winter

Deleted
    Has any one considered leaving the place alone?

This poll is so post-WW1-esque it hurts

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Has any one considered leaving the place alone?
    Doesn't seem like we would ever leave it alone. They got oil, we need to give them more freedom by controlling them and keeping them in perpetual conflict.