Thread: Mark Ruffalo

Mark Ruffalo

Should Mark Ruffalo get his own stand alone hulk movie? I think he is the better of the three hulks thus far and would love to see it happen.

Deleted
    Doesn't matter cause it won't happen in the near future. But yes hes the best Hulk since Lou Ferrigno.

They could call it "Incredible Hulk" !!!

Isn't this what Planet Hulk will mostly be? 2017 or 2018, whenever it happens.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Nope

Universal hold the rights for solo Hulk films and there is/are no plans for Hulk in space.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Planet Hulk was a plan for if Guardians failed at the box office, or was just mediocre, the original script to Age of Ultron had Hulk being blasted off into space and then GotG 2 would have been basically Planet Hulk, which Marvel could have gotten away with, without Universal wanting a slice of the pie.

But with Guardians being a homerun for all concerned, Hulks left in kind of a weird spot at the moment, either Marvel don't think he's a strong enough character to carry a solo movie, or Marvel just really can't be bothered to go to the negotiating table with Universal to hash out a deal.

I don't think there needs to be any solo Hulk films for the forseeable future anyway, everyone knows the Hulk, everyone knows what he's about, and if it follows the comics, he'll be one of the few heroes who'll be sticking around in the MCU for a longtime, what with him being pretty much unkillable and all, so there'll be plenty of time to flesh him out.

The only way I could see there being a solid solo Hulk movie is if they follow the version of him in the comics (I forget which one, there's like a billion or more versions) where he transforms into the Hulk permanantly, but retains Banners intelligence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    he transforms into the Hulk permanantly, but retains Banners intelligence.
    Oh Lord that is so OP
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    Oh Lord that is so OP
    Kind of is, kind of isn't, the angrier the Hulk gets, the stronger he gets, now this works with great with Vanilla Hulk, who is basically a caveman, smashy smash, but Banner isn't, so he doesn't get as angry, which means Hulk isn't as strong. Don't get me wrong, he'll still be the strongest thing on Earth, but he won't be super mega game breaking strong, like he can be in the comics sometimes.

I imagine in a movie version of it, the major plot of the story would be Banner trying to find a balance in himself between the Hulk and Banner, like what we didn't see at all in the Incredible Hulk, except 2 seconds of Edward Norton getting green eyes, or in the Avengers where it's all summed up in "I'm always angry".

But like I said above, I really don't think there needs to be a solo Hulk movie, he fills his role in the MCU pretty well, his backstory is already fleshed out well enough in 2 movies (even if both of them have been pretty bad), and he's even getting some romance subplot action.
    Last edited by mmoc8116b97f51; 2015-10-06 at 06:36 AM.

I was against his casting as Banner, but I was wrong, he did a great job, but I'm of the mind that some characters are better suited for team movies, or small screen shows, Hulk is one of those to me, as are Daredevil and the Punisher.

I think its kinda of unfair to compare Ruffalo to Bana/Norton. Those guys had full blown movies to carry by themselves whereas Ruffalo gets the least amount of screen time amongst the avengers and is really a cameo style role.