Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Funnily enough when I used to hang out with a group of Gay guys, I used to have random Women start grabbing my ass or making out with me, once I said something like "what made you think I was gay" they'd freak out and bail.

I always found it strange women would throw themselves at gay guys.
    They think nothing serious will ever come of it.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    They think nothing serious will ever come of it.
    You mean just like those "lads" they are getting angry about who just want to hook up with Random women?

Some would call that a double standard.
    Last edited by Super Kami Dende; 2015-10-07 at 12:20 PM.

You mean just like those "lads" they are getting angry about who just want to hook up with Random women?

Some would call that a double standard.
    Sure, it is, but those girls aren't looking for a hook up, the just want to mess with others and seem to dare each other to flirt with clearly uninterested guys (in gay bars).

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, it is, but those girls aren't looking for a hook up, the just want to mess with others and seem to dare each other to flirt with clearly uninterested guys (in gay bars).
    The amount of times I've seen Women try to take home my Gay friends says otherwise.

Its still unwanted attention no?

The amount of times I've seen Women try to take home my Gay friends says otherwise.
    I could throw in my slightly misogynistic observation that women tend to have this inner desire to change someone to become their partner. This would work here and simultaneously explain why they always whine that they just want a nice guy, but always pick the raging dickhead first . Un-gaying someone is probably close to the holy grail in that regard.

We can only hope it will swiftly die off soon.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Its still unwanted attention no?
    Of course, never said it wasn't.
    In fact I said it was unwanted attention in the very sentence you quoted.

Of course, never said it wasn't.
    In fact I said it was unwanted attention in the very sentence you quoted.
    Apologies it appeared you made it look "less" worse than when men do it because of the intention of the ladies in not "hooking up" with the victims. I thought you were slightly excusing people from acting like that. My bad

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    This is one of those areas where the market exists for a reason.

Don't want to meet rowdy lads/ladettes? Don't go to the bars/clubs full of them.

There's plenty of classy, zero-lad venues. I tend to prefer those too, I don't like the loud thumping clubs these days, too much crazy.

But no, some people (always the same moralistic, sex-negative SJWs/religious people who get off on telling others what to do) gotta set out specifically to go to the most rowdy, drunken environment possible -- and tell the people there what to do and how to behave.
    "Your honor, while my client does admit to groping Ms. Bailey, in his defence she was at a bar where this sort of thing happens'

While I agree grabbing anyone is wrong and should be avoided at all costs, some horsing around by young adults is harmless in moderation. We cannot become so PC that we have no enjoyment left in life.

Totally hopping on a plane to England, this sounds like fun. They must be reasonably less pathetically uptight than us, Americans.

Long story short, some people enjoy having fun, others simply are the walking billboards for a buzzkill. I am hardly the party animal sort but I support peoples rights to party and be stupid. Everything is a form of harassment, verbally, physically, mentally...

I wasn't raised to really cry wolf if someone drunken stumbles into me (Yes, I know that is not what is happening here), but it halfway strikes me as people just being upset for the sake of being upset. It is fun to be a social deviant once in a blue moon, life is too short to live in a box.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shennanigans View Post
    While I agree grabbing anyone is wrong and should be avoided at all costs, some horsing around by young adults is harmless in moderation. We cannot become so PC that we have no enjoyment left in life.
    Basically my thoughts on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich
    Liberals are against discrimination, except when it coincides with their own personal hatreds. .
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor
    Yah because I'm stroking my evil lapcat while sitting in my Ivory tower of oppression built on the skulls of those less fortunate.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Funnily enough when I used to hang out with a group of Gay guys, I used to have random Women start grabbing my ass or making out with me, once I said something like "what made you think I was gay" they'd freak out and bail.

I always found it strange women would throw themselves at gay guys.
    hmmmmmmmmmm

So if I hit gay bars with my gay friend and his parnter, I can pretty much be a Venus Flytrap?

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-34446240

I agree, obnoxious laddish behaviour is annoying HOWEVER I feel the campaign is ignoring the other half, obnoxious hen-night behaviour. As a gay guy that frequents the scene occasionally I can say there's an obnoxious trend of 'girly-night outs' that ultimately end with heavy drinking, groping, inappropriate behaviour etc.
    Fair enough, equality and all that. Maybe we need a gender neutral fight against "asshole culture".
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    hmmmmmmmmmm

So if I hit gay bars with my gay friend and his parnter, I can pretty much be a Venus Flytrap?
    I wonder if that strategy works, haha.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Fair enough, equality and all that. Maybe we need a gender neutral fight against "asshole culture".
    Can I start a gender neutral fight against "weakling culture" too? :P

I am proud to be an asshole and a nice guy at the same time, don't tread on my fun, your feelings and sadness aren't worth it.

But in seriousness... we really need to put an end to extremes on both ends... else the PC Police saps all liveliness out of being human, while everyone else dies due to strict regimented policies of no fun aloud.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich
    Liberals are against discrimination, except when it coincides with their own personal hatreds. .
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor
    Yah because I'm stroking my evil lapcat while sitting in my Ivory tower of oppression built on the skulls of those less fortunate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shennanigans View Post
    I like to think there's a medium between advocating for less unwanted lewd behavior and having no fun at all. Plenty of people go out and have a drink without running into these sort of problems. It is likely the norm but you'd still like to see less of the problematic behavior.

Of course it is off putting, because it is very manipulative what they do:
    Talking about lad culture, next they talk about harassment, sexual discrimination because of it, and that the Uni should be a safe place, while hinting that the University represents lad culture if they don't do something about stopping "it".

If you are a "lad", then you are all of the above and thus a problem. Not a single action is in question but a mindset and they want to get rid of that mindset, the "lad".

It's worrying indeed.

- - - Updated - - -

And also. If you look closer. The guys in the rugby team that got banned, dissed the King's College first. Then the women from King's College got them shut down, labeling them as sexists, because they had some passages about going out and meeting girls ("tasty barmaids" was the trigger).

Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Any facts backing this rampant misandry?
    I find it funny that Google Chrome doesn't even recognize "misandry" as a real word

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    I find it funny that Google Chrome doesn't even recognize "misandry" as a real word
    Mine does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilbergrape View Post
    Of course it is off putting, because it is very manipulative what they do:
    Talking about lad culture, next they talk about harassment, sexual discrimination because of it, and that the Uni should be a safe place, while hinting that the University represents lad culture if they don't do something about stopping "it".

If you are a "lad", then you are all of the above and thus a problem. Not a single action is in question but a mindset and they want to get rid of that mindset, the "lad".

It's worrying indeed.
    I'm not sure what the difference is between telling a man to stop being 'a lad' and telling a woman she should dress less provocatively to avoid harassment. The latter happens a lot but I'm sure most of the posters don't see that as very worrying or an infringement on her rights. It's a bit of a double standard in all honesty.
    Last edited by fengosa; 2015-10-07 at 05:43 PM.