Frost or Unholy in mythic environment?

Hello, I would like to ask some questions about both specs in mythic environment.

Here's my armory link: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/burning-legion/Tyriani/simple
    Note: I do not have full set of required trinkets yet, will get them soon.

First of all - I do not main DK "yet", but recently my guildmates asked me to bring her to Gorefiend progress and we took him down with some effort. I was thinking about such reroll when Legion hits, but recent Gorefiend kill sped up my decision.

I've read all guides on Son of a Lich portal and I have a dilemma which dps spec I should play - I've read there that Unholy is best choice but Frost is still competetive.

So far I've been playing Unholy, but not to it's full potential - I understand that BoS is currently the best talent option single-target and cleave-wise, but I really don't like the playstyle it offers plus I won't be able to acquire Vial trinket from BRF because my guild is too lazy to help me :P
    So I use Defile single-target and Necroblight cleave/multitarget for now.

But this leads to another topic - because of my refusal of BoS usage (and lack of proper trinkets) maybe it will be better for me to play as Frost dps? I know that this isn't really "liked" spec in DK scene because of it's simplicity but maybe it will offer me better dps with my current gear?

I'm not asking to help 'fix my dps', because I'm still learning about all tips'n'tricks.
    I've simmed my char, but I'm also curious about your opinions how both specs are performing in live raids.

So my questions are:

1. With non-optimal gear should I switch to Frost? Or stick to non-BoS Unholy and wait for proper trinket drops?
    2. How big is the dps difference between Defile and BoS in single target situation for Unholy?
    3. Is this thread up to date? I would like to read more about specs' variations sims.
    And stat weights so I can set them in my PAWN profile.
    [mmo-champion.com/threads/1649233-Spoony-s-Adventures-in-Simulationcraft]

Thanks in advance for any advices
    Last edited by zvr; 2015-11-13 at 11:09 AM.

Next week or the week after defile will be stronger than it is now and likely the default choice when not using BoS or if your using BoS incorrectly.

BoS will still be very strong even though it has not received a buff, this is because fights will be shorter.

1) Try running sim's, none BoS unholy with defile will be strong 6.3.2 and likely ahead of DW Frost. BoS Unholy should still be stronger though with correct use and trinket.

2) At the moment its a fairly large gap if you can play BoS well. Next week or the week after the gap will be smaller, but still a little gap. Since you don't have the trinket and you are likely still progressing fight lengths are likely to be longer than those people who are on farm. This will make Defile even stronger for you personally.

3) Probably not. But you can still get stats from askmrrobot. Once you have done this i recommend getting this addon http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/stat-weight-score. (Will just tell you whats an upgrade or not depending on stat weights in game.)

Soon as fight lengths start getting under 4 mins and you have mastered BoS it should still come out ontop over defile though even without the trinket.

Unholy should still be ahead of frost without BoS and trinket. Your gear looks fine for both Unholy and Frost.
    Last edited by Stacie; 2015-11-13 at 12:50 PM.

Thank you very much

Deleted
    Idk where people get this stupid idea that you can't play BoS without Vial, it's still better than defile and frost either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Flow1 View Post
    Idk where people get this stupid idea that you can't play BoS without Vial, it's still better than defile and frost either way.
    Exactly this. Obviously, having the Vial is a big plus, but the dps increase it offers is actually lower than most people think.

OP:
    1. I'd sim it to be sure, but if you don't want to play BoS, Frost DW for pure singletarget should be better than Unholy with Defile.
    2. Not sure tbh. Need sims.
    3. The OP is definitely not up2date, since it's "Last edited by Uspoonybard; 2014-12-04 at 09:24 PM. " (11 month ago )

Both Unholy and Frost will get buffs when 6.2.3 hits, 10% damage increase for Scourge Strike, Festering Strike, Necrosis, Defile, Necrotic Plague, Frost Strike, Howling Blast and Obliterate. This means the gap between BoS and Defile/Frost DW will be closer, but I'm 100% sure that BoS is still king on most fights due to shorter fights and amazing synergy between Ring and Trinket.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Wattmate View Post
    Next week or the week after defile will be stronger than it is now and likely the default choice when not using BoS or if your using BoS incorrectly.

BoS will still be very strong even though it has not received a buff, this is because fights will be shorter.

1) Try running sim's, none BoS unholy with defile will be strong 6.3.2 and likely ahead of DW Frost. BoS Unholy should still be stronger though with correct use and trinket.

2) At the moment its a fairly large gap if you can play BoS well. Next week or the week after the gap will be smaller, but still a little gap. Since you don't have the trinket and you are likely still progressing fight lengths are likely to be longer than those people who are on farm. This will make Defile even stronger for you personally.

3) Probably not. But you can still get stats from askmrrobot. Once you have done this i recommend getting this addon (Will just tell you whats an upgrade or not depending on stat weights in game.)

Soon as fight lengths start getting under 4 mins and you have mastered BoS it should still come out ontop over defile though even without the trinket.

Unholy should still be ahead of frost without BoS and trinket. Your gear looks fine for both Unholy and Frost.
    Why would defile get better than necrotic plague in any way, considering they're both getting the same 10% buff. If necrotic plague is better today, you can bet your rear end that it's gonna be better afterwards aswell, and BoS is still VERY playable even without Vial, and still significantly stronger for ST than both plague and defile. by a margin that a 10% buff to those two abillities will not in any way shape or form make up for.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zvr View Post
    Thank you very much
    Hello zvr,

To be completely honest, you should choose the spec that you are more comfortable with. If you are equally good at playing both and if you're not comfortable with BoS, running NP/Defile Frost should pull ahead with the current patch. If you have equally good 1-handers that is. If not, the spec you have better weapon damage is most likely going to be better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlair View Post
    Unholy ST with BoS or defile is pulling ahead of frost (BoS requires mythic vial an perfect play otherwise Defile wins) an aoe/cleave stomps frost these days.
    Well that was the most retarded thing i'v read today, thanks.

Thank you again for all the answers

But I have one more question about stat weights - I've checked AskMrRobot but does it always show correct weights that are best for my actual gear?
    I'm asking because I've read in Son of a Lich guide that for Unholy best stats are Multistrike and Mastery, and AMR shows me following weights :
    MHdps (0.78),
    STR (1.0),
    Multi (0.89),
    Haste (0.82),
    AP (0.75),
    Crit (0.65),
    Vers (0.64),
    Mast (0.60).

And now I'm confused.
    If that's no problem I would like some help here

If you want stat weights you need to sim them yourself, ask mister robot will not provide them for you.

If i were you i would value your mastery much higher its definately not your worst stat I would say its Multi, Mastery, Crit, Haste, Vers, in order but i could be wrong.