Page 8 of 115 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Gone forever hopefully.

10+ Year Old Account
    it was a very uninteresting mechanic

Made by dubbelbasse

Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    "Are you good at multi-dotting? Would you enjoy juggling DoTs on two targets more than channeling a boring Drain Life filler on one? Well then congratulations! With the brand new Soul Effigy talent, every fight is a multi-dot fight. Now those intricate focus-cast macros you're so proud of will never have to sit unused again."
    Hey, i'm cool with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    Hey, i'm cool with that.
    So am I. The last time I was running Afflic as my main spec was Wrath, but I'm getting seriously tempted to cycle back to it for Legion. The only hold up is that Demo is so new I'll have to wait till I can try it myself before deciding what spec will suit me best this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    because it will allow you to double dip in dots. as in dots on target and dots on effigy
    Wouldnt double dip infer a 1:1 ratio ?
    I think it makes sense that it would be some significantly smaller number, something more in line with what the other options offer.
    I would guess it is nearer 10%, and more an extra agony target for shard generation or to continue damage when the target is otherwise inaccessible.
    Be that due to encounter mechanics, or pillar humping in PvP.

So am I. The last time I was running Afflic as my main spec was Wrath, but I'm getting seriously tempted to cycle back to it for Legion. The only hold up is that Demo is so new I'll have to wait till I can try it myself before deciding what spec will suit me best this expansion.
    I have to agree that the idea of demo is appealing, but I am finding it hard to get my head around how it works in gameplay.
    That is where the beta/ptr is going to come into play really.
    Liking much of where affliction is heading, not least with some much overdue improvements to the UI for multi-dotting.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

We're experimenting with ways to show some debuffs (such as DoTs) on nameplates. Beta feedback will be invaluable!
    https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...15966557966338
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2015-11-23 at 02:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

"Are you good at multi-dotting? Would you enjoy juggling DoTs on two targets more than channeling a boring Drain Life filler on one? Well then congratulations! With the brand new Soul Effigy talent, every fight is a multi-dot fight. Now those intricate focus-cast macros you're so proud of will never have to sit unused again."
    Plus it will help smooth out the rng on SS procs from dots. Also, if people are that bad at juggling 4 dots (Agony, Corr, SL, UA) they can just opt out of SL and take the talent that makes Corruption infinite.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    Plus it will help smooth out the rng on SS procs from dots. Also, if people are that bad at juggling 4 dots (Agony, Corr, SL, UA) they can just opt out of SL and take the talent that makes Corruption infinite.
    Don't forget the dot we get from the scythe artifact.

Quote Originally Posted by Luji View Post
    Don't forget the dot we get from the scythe artifact.
    The what now?

The what now?
    Think there was an artifact talent for one, it may have been on one of the blizzcon slides if I recall.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    The what now?
    It's called 'Unleash the Harvest', a 43s DoT with a 45s cooldown as I recall, so obviously in effect a single target spell.

The what now?

Quote Originally Posted by Luji View Post
    DOTS! DOTS! DOTS! DOTS! DOTS! DOTS! DOTS! DOTS! DOTS! DOTS! DOTS! DOTS! DOTS! DOTS! DOTS! DOTS!

EVERYBODY!

But seriously, there are going to be quite a few dots to juggle, depending on talent choices. I like that it's moving away from the focus on turreting your channel as long as possible and focusing more on dots

I'm surprised that nobody's mentioned the changes on UA's tooltip. Bolded for emphasis:

An especially insidious affliction that deals [ 266.4% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage over 8 sec. If this effect is reapplied, any remaining damage will be added to the new Unstable Affliction.

If the target dies, the Soul Shard will be refunded.

If Unstable Affliction is dispelled, the dispeller suffers [ 250% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage and is silenced for 4 sec.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Wouldnt double dip infer a 1:1 ratio ?
    I think it makes sense that it would be some significantly number, something more in line with what the other options offer.
    I would guess it is nearer 10%, and more an extra agony target for shard generation or to continue damage when the target is otherwise inaccessible.
    Be that due to encounter mechanics, or pillar humping in PvP.
    I'd ballpark it more like 50% or higher, actually.

The lvl100 tier talents are all significant DPS boosts, so the damage component can't be trivial. Also it's not like the Effigy is a pure 100% damage multiplier. Not only can't you channel Drain Life on two targets at once, you're sacrificing filler time to keep the second set of DoTs active. There's also the limitations on achieving a full second set of DoTs; even with a second Agony there might be a SS bottleneck for UA use, and the Unleash the Harvest DoT from the artifact is definitely restricted to a single target at once.

So with all that put together I'm expecting the Effigy percentage to be fairly generous.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post

I have to agree that the idea of demo is appealing, but I am finding it hard to get my head around how it works in gameplay.
    That is where the beta/ptr is going to come into play really.
    Just think of it as affliction 2.0 , pets are dots, empower dots and bolt of gimme shards so i can have more dots... oh and hand of many dots depends on how many shards i have ... thats pretty much exactly how it's going to be

Deleted
    yes it was but the animation was so beautiful

rip soul swirl

Question in my mind is...these talent tiers can't be what they are leaning towards...is it?

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm curious on thoughts of perma corruption vs 20 stack agongy.
    Seems like if we add more things to juggle that's one GCD we don't have to spend to refresh dots and also leave room for Drain Life/Soul every X seconds you'd normally spend re-casting corruption.

but 20stack Agony when it is our priority dot now at least in terms of SS generation looks tempting

Deleted
    might have some niche application , but the viability of that talents heavily depends on raid encounters, considering corr DPS was slightly increased by reducing its duration by 4s
    Its not clear either if WiA makes agony ramp up to 20 stacks (in which case you will reach the full damage after 2 cycles) or simply makes the 10 stacks twice more potent

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    Just think of it as affliction 2.0 , pets are dots, empower dots and bolt of gimme shards so i can have more dots... oh and hand of many dots depends on how many shards i have ... thats pretty much exactly how it's going to be
    More likely keep up doom and use SB as your resource builder to spend into dreadstalkers on cd and HoG as much as possible while using the petbuff accordingly
    Think of it like BM hunters back in BRF damage distribution-wise, a bit more oriented toward the caster in ST when you pick up DB

They should've named the spec Demonic Sheperd
    Last edited by mmoca338328b01; 2015-11-23 at 03:41 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by s1one View Post
    might have some niche application , but the viability of that talents heavily depends on raid encounters, considering corr DPS was slightly increased by reducing its duration by 4s
    Its not clear either if WiA makes agony ramp up to 20 stacks (in which case you will reach the full damage after 2 cycles) or simply makes the 10 stacks twice more potent

More likely keep up doom and use SB as your resource builder to spend into dreadstalkers on cd and HoG as much as possible while using the petbuff accordingly
    Think of it like BM hunters back in BRF damage distribution-wise, a bit more oriented toward the caster in ST when you pick up DB

They should've named the spec Demonic Sheperd
    More like IMP shepard, as we'll being useing our dreadstalkers as sheep dogs to herd the imps around .