Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I feel bad for priests, that class hall is the worst, which is saying something considering rogues got stuck in a sewer.

Great, another two years stuck in an ugly, frozen wasteland (or pine forest). It's the environment I hate most in WoW, snow landscapes and they put my class hall right in the middle of it. Why can't we have a lush green Nagrand-like environment, with animals and HUNTERS, like Hemit? Stupid snow. Bleh.

Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    It doesn't make sense for night elf priests. They worship Elune and not some packman aliens.
    I'm utterly disappointed with the priest hall and the artefacts.
    The Naaru have an affinity for the same light that most other races use so while they might not necessarily have history with the naaru themselves, there is still some that the naaru can teach them. Night Elves on the other hand are trickier because they worship Elune.

However, Velen visited Darnassus and offered advice on how to commune with powerful Naaru to Tyrande. She refused the help, believing that their light comes from Elune and not the Naaru but Blizz responded in an ask a dev panel to a question regarding whether Velen actually did see a connection or not a while back with "Velen has been a prophet of the naaru for many thousands of years, and it’s unlikely that he would propose such a theory without significant evidence and consideration.". It has been speculated a lot that Elune may be a Naaru on the moon (why Velen would suggest Tyrande learning how to better communicate with naaru) or at least is connected with the naaru.

Is it just me or hunters place is the most boring from all?
    I mean c'mon! Look at warriors, or pally, or mage places.
    But hunters hall... All it has to do with hunters is a bunch mostly range weapons and few heads on the wall.
    Even pet shop in Dall looks more like hunters hall than that.
    Where is a cages with rare pets? Where is a hunters aura? None...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grumar View Post
    I feel bad for priests, that class hall is the worst, which is saying something considering rogues got stuck in a sewer.
    At least it's in a nice color combination. Take a look at hunters hall...

Quote Originally Posted by Artylic View Post
    You know nobody ever takes into account that its not finished or anything like. They just want to complain like babies.
    Or, we all know from experience that while story might change, and NOCs, and mechanics, environments like this rarely change from their state in the beta, and then onto release. It's reasonable to assume this is what they're going to be.

As usual, a select few on here have taken the idea that the beta is unfinished content, and swung that pendulum WAAAAAAAy far in one direction, just to make pissy comments about other's comments. It's tiresome, boring, and pointless.

So what I can gather from the comments is that absolutely no one is happy with their class hall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritters154 View Post
    The Naaru have an affinity for the same light that most other races use so while they might not necessarily have history with the naaru themselves, there is still some that the naaru can teach them. Night Elves on the other hand are trickier because they worship Elune.

However, Velen visited Darnassus and offered advice on how to commune with powerful Naaru to Tyrande. She refused the help, believing that their light comes from Elune and not the Naaru but Blizz responded in an ask a dev panel to a question regarding whether Velen actually did see a connection or not a while back with "Velen has been a prophet of the naaru for many thousands of years, and it’s unlikely that he would propose such a theory without significant evidence and consideration.". It has been speculated a lot that Elune may be a Naaru on the moon (why Velen would suggest Tyrande learning how to better communicate with naaru) or at least is connected with the naaru.
    I know that story and it's even more a reason for night elves not to be there.
    If their high priestess doesn't believe in that nonsense, the one that Elune actually has spoken to in the past, there is no reason for rest of the night elves to do either.

Quote Originally Posted by Raynre Valence View Post
    So what I can gather from the comments is that absolutely no one is happy with their class hall.
    I wouldn't entirely say that. Mages and druids seem pretty happy overall. As a mage main I'm pretty satisfied with mine. I don't quite understand the hate for the Priest and Hunter's halls. It's all subjective in the end I suppose.

And on that subjective note I still have to say I find the Rogue class hall incredibly scummy looking and really awful. It's by far my least favorite here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    It doesn't make sense for night elf priests. They worship Elune and not some packman aliens.
    I'm utterly disappointed with the priest hall and the artefacts.
    Night elves aren't the only priests in Warcraft lore. In fact there are eleven other races that can be priests. I just wish Blizzard were aware of esteemed mmo-champion dot com forum poster, Plehnard's views, when coming up for ideas on what the Priest class hall and artefact weapon should have been.

Warrior Class Hall immediately reminded me of Diablo 3, especially since Warriors are also Barbarians in one way or another now

10+ Year Old Account
    The DK class hall is... lackluster at best, We've had Acherus for what? 7 years now? Could've been so much better.

Paladin's Class Hall feels more like what should be Priest Class Hall and the Warrior's Class Hall feels more like what should be Paladins Class Hall.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raynre Valence View Post
    I'm extremely happy about my own Class Hall, but dancing in the streets about it feels gauche when people I care about have such crap to look forward to. At least two of these are superb, about half are great... but the Rogue Hall is just unacceptable. This is exactly what people feared when the announcement first came out, and Blizzard promised it would be spectacular and not at all what people expected. Not only isn't it not spectacular, it's literally what everybody expected.

It's not too late for Blizzard to add new areas to Ravenholdt, it's really not. They have to be made to hear reason. Is literally *anybody* [limiting "anybody" to those who play rogues] happy with this?

I knew they were shoving Rogues into the sewers. I get what they were going with, but class halls need to mean something to a class, not just reflect the feel. I'm not even a Rogue player, I've never made one, but even I recognize the massive sewer error. Death Knights, Druids, Monks, and Paladins were obvious no-brainers. I honestly don't recognize the rest, or they're new, but I hope they reconsider Rogues, even though they already set up stuff. Hell, throw in some kind of minor in-class faction story and break up the Rogues between the sewers and Ravenholdt. Maybe even make Alliance/Horde distinctions but without restrictions, just lore, letting all players go to both freely.

Warlocks have a fuckin pit lord chained up? That's cool, the empty low res terrain looks pretty bland though... definitely needs some work. Some of the halls look a bit boring and uninspired. Warrior hall though, simply gorgeous. However still not sold on how interesting these will be game play wise as a "major feature" of the expansion. I mean DKs and Monks already have class halls... and I never really went there to hang out. You pretty much go there a few times, say this looks nice, then you're done. Eventually a building is just a building no matter how nice it looks and I'm not sure a few quest giving NPCs and an artifact table will make a difference. Seems like it could get dull fast and there might not be much depth to this major "feature". Monks and DKs especially might get bored fast, if their halls really are staying pretty much the same..

The artifact quest is surprisingly cool though, can't believe they're making 36 of those.
    Last edited by darkest4; 2015-12-04 at 12:29 AM.

Was that Chaud's skype dinging through out ?

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Was that Chaud's skype dinging through out ?
    Yeah, I opened it at one point and forgot to close it again for a while. Patch day is noisy!

Quote Originally Posted by Dervrak View Post
    Where is the Warrior guild hall located? The Firelands? Not sure what being a Warrior has to do with elemental plane of fire but whatever....
    I "think" it's meant to represent Valhalla, the Viking version of "heaven." A place where the greatest of warriors went after death.

I'm basing this off the prominent presence of Vrykul. The Vrykul were Blizzards version of Vikings and just about every aspect of them, their culture, and mythology...not to mention other aspects of the WotLK expansion...were pulled from Vikings and their lore.

Well, I wasn't expecting to see fire mages in ICC,

I don't normally care who gets what or where, so this is a first, I can't see frost dks at the very least not being able to travel there for part of the artifacts

And is the LK going to give the knights the cold shoulder as well?

Also that remodeling hes done in there?

Not overly fond, but hey thats my only complaint about legion so far, so not overly worried about it