Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Now that's comedy!
    I cannot divest myself of my faith in my Volk.

Quote Originally Posted by HandyTheRet View Post
    Before I begin spreading this petition, I would like the feedback of sane and knowledgeable members of this board
    Well, it's idealistic. Naïve maybe.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    "A key tenant of complex psychology" what in the hell is this?

the rest of the paragraph is just... it's not even responding to what i wrote, it's just rambling.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complex_(psychology)

Carl Jung's Theory of Complex Psychology, the foundation of modern Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.

A book can not kill someone. One individual reads a book and kills someone. One individual reads the same book and does not kill someone. Does the book have any actual objective meaning in this equation? The only variable is the person doing the reading. If an individual is willing to kill someone and does so, they are a murderer. Whether they murdered because they are crazy, or for an ideal, or out of anger, they have proven that they can not control themselves according the rules of the modern world. Therefore, permanent incarceration is mandatory in order to make sure that a murderer, rapist, assaulter, e.g. does not have the chance to violate another person's human rights again.

10+ Year Old Account
    What if you're not a citizen of the world?

The individual that wants to and performs crimes against humanity (assault, rape, murder), regardless of the God or ideology they subscribe to, are acting on their own free will.

I am not saying that ideas can not influence individuals to perform an action. What I am saying is that the difference between these practitioners is whether they violate the human rights of another. Once they do, they are murderers, and that is the only label that needs to be placed on them.
    Now you're equating rape to murder, okay.

I'm dying to see your proof for free will

- - - Updated - - -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complex_(psychology)

Carl Jung's Theory of Complex Psychology, the foundation of modern Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.

A book can not kill someone.
    If you keep repeating this, I'm just gonna /popcorn because you're not really conversing. You just keep going on and on about "they are a murderer" + "books don't kill people", talking over the person you're responding to.

Also - Jung/Freud aren't modern science.

Call to Arms!!

Inhabitants of the World of Warcraft, a cataclysm has occurred!! Unlike the Cataclysm caused by Deathwing, this cataclysm is the epidemic of violence, both foreign and domestic, that has taken more innocent lives than should ever be acceptable by the modern world. I, nothing but a humble 677 ilvl Retribution Paladin, have looked to the Light for answers, and have come to the conclusion that the Light will not solve our problems for us, and it is up to our own efforts to forge peace in this world that we all have had a part in creating. The following petition, inspired by the hope within the heart and soul of every living being in this world, demands action on the part of the individuals that we have elected to represent us on the national and international political stage.

Before I begin spreading this petition, I would like the feedback of sane and knowledgeable members of this board to provide insight into how this petition could be advertised, dispersed, or improved to have the most effective messaging and impact. I believe that the power of we heroes comes from our ability to rise to the challenge and band together in order to defeat an enemy that may seem insurmountable.

Heroes, it is up to you!!
    you are a naive fool if you think you can stop violence.The only way violence will stop is if humanity vanishes of the face of the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lolpeace.
    Never happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Now you're equating rape to murder, okay.

I'm dying to see your proof for free will

- - - Updated - - -

If you keep repeating this, I'm just gonna /popcorn because you're not really conversing. You just keep going on and on about "they are a murderer" + "books don't kill people", talking over the person you're responding to.

Also - Jung/Freud aren't modern science.
    Rape, murder, and assault are all willful and purposeful violence to another human being. The degree of violence is not the issue. The fact they committed violence is the issue. If someone knew that if they raped someone, assaulted someone, or killed someone, that they would spend the rest of their life in prison with no chance at parole if caught, and still do so, they are making a choice and living with the consequences. It's the ultimate personal responsibility law. Very very easy, violence is never okay, and if you commit violence, you will be removed from society.

Proof of free will is simple in terms of lawful vs. unlawful behavior; correlation does not equal causation. If two people read a book and only one kills because of that book, each individual made a choice. The fact that people are faced with near identical influences, both environmental and social, and perform different actions is proof of free will in terms of the legal system.

Please tell me what the importance of why an individual commits violence means in the context of "willful violence is a crime against humanity". I apologize if it seemed like I was talking over you though. What is your viewpoint, regarding the reasoning why someone commits willful violence matters? If you murder someone because they killed your brother, you are still a murderer. Infinite examples exist of perceivable justified revenge, and these individuals are still charged with murder.

Also, Jung's complex psychology is not modern, but conceptual theories derived from his work make up the basis of modern Cognitive Behavioral Therapy nonetheless.

Without wars and conflict you would not see any of the technology today. Why do you think we have planes faster than sound? why do you think we can use internet? gps? I would never sign that shit. We have to have those terrorists and occasional wars to advance to the next step.

Quote Originally Posted by hornfreak View Post
    you are a naive fool if you think you can stop violence.The only way violence will stop is if humanity vanishes of the face of the planet.
    So because it's daunting to accomplish, it shouldn't be striven for? I do not accept "It's too hard" as a reason to not strive for peace.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    Without wars and conflict you would not see any of the technology today. Why do you think we have planes faster than sound? why do you think we can use internet? gps? I would never sign that shit. We have to have those terrorists and occasional wars to advance to the next step.
    It's called learning lessons from the past. NASA research has had major success improving aeronautical and extraterrestrial scientific understanding and technology. Why does it have to be military R&D? Is it a rule? Just because something was one way for a long time, does not mean that we can not decide for it to better serve humanity as a whole to be a different way. The military industrial complex has been in full effect. The greatest military President warned us about it. We didn't listen. We can reverse course. Nothing is set in stone.
    Last edited by HandyTheRet; 2015-12-14 at 03:24 AM.

To sum up

We are against all sorts of violence and crimes against humanity

If you don't agree, you'll be killed or imprisoned for life

Just pointing out the obvious here...

10+ Year Old Account
    Advertisements are not permitted here. This applies.

Closed.