Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcristy View Post
    So you don't have a reason beyond your personal feelings....

Forgive me if looking at the realities of the situation if that isn't enough to sway me.
    Reality? What like, you think the wall keeps them safe? I mean apart the random stabbing or car incident?

Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    Would look extremely bad if the threads with criticism towards the US all got closed, while those with criticism towards Russia, Greece, Sweden or the Middle-East are all allowed to stay open.
    Not what I asked for, but ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Reality? What like, you think the wall keeps them safe? I mean apart the random stabbing or car incident?
    For Israel?

Yes of course... why do you believe it doesn't? If anything it shows how effective a boarder wall is.

If Canada really likes taking in the refugee's I say we send them all their way, I go a feeling after a decade they will want to send them back lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Canada like many other Western countries is doing well, because of technology, infrastructure, natural resources, etc. A correlation between that and refugee policy represents an extremely weak argument. Unless you're arguing for it on the basis of a Western self-hate mentality.
    I would much rather live in Canada which welcomes refugees and aims to double its intake than a country like Hungary. I mean look at their draconian measures. Truly shameful.

Deleted
    For Israel?

Yes of course... why do you believe it doesn't? If anything it shows how effective a boarder wall is.
    It doesnt stop the problem in my opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    I would much rather live in Canada which welcomes refugees and aims to double its intake than a country like Hungary. I mean look at their draconian measures. Truly shameful.
    Well... with all due respect to Hungary but I'm pretty sure MANY would prefer Canada.

It doesnt stop the problem in my opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Well... with all due respect to Hungary but I'm pretty sure MANY would prefer Canada.
    Do you have anything beyond you opinion to show it doesn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Deggan View Post
    Here's the solution to the problem.

1) Allow refugees into your country.
    2) Put the women and children in a safe controlled area where they can live for the next 6-12 months.
    3) Send all able bodied men above the age of 16 to our military for 6 months of basic training.
    4) Arm the able bodied men and ship them back to their country to fight their own war.
    5) After all has concluded, send the women back home to their husbands.

If these refugees aren't willing to fight for their own country, then they don't deserve our hospitality.
    2) Like an internment camp? That's certainly what it sounds like.
    3) And the disabled people? Do they just go with the women and children?
    4) Well if the doomsayers are right and they're intent on taking over our country, arming them seems like an extraordinarily bad idea
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    2) Like an internment camp? That's certainly what it sounds like.
    3) And the disabled people? Do they just go with the women and children?
    4) Well if the doomsayers are right and they're intent on taking over our country, arming them seems like an extraordinarily bad idea
    While I am not a fan of that system the french foreign legion has proven it works.

Deleted
    Are they on a vacation?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I thought nation bashing was against the rules?

Tennasce has basically made 4 threads now attacking the US either implicity or directly about this migrant crisis.
    How am I nation bashing? I like some things about the U.S.
    It actually makes me sad how in some ways America is going away from its core values.

Canada hasn't even done as much as Greece, Germany, Hungary, or the rest of Europe. They can brag when they've had to deal with the same things instead of taking in a paltry number (and not men either) of people who had already been screened and prepared for them by the EU.

Not much to brag about really. The Greek coast guard's saved countless thousands, the Germans and Swedes have housed hundreds of thousands, all to our detriment across Europe. Get on our level, Canada.

Deleted
    Do you have anything beyond you opinion to show it doesn't?
    The fact that terrorist attacks keep on happening really. That's all I have.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Are they on a vacation?
    Who is?
    /10 character

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Canada hasn't even done as much as Greece, Germany, Hungary, or the rest of Europe. They can brag when they've had to deal with the same things instead of taking in a paltry number (and not men either) of people who had already been screened and prepared for them by the EU.

Not much to brag about really. The Greek coast guard's saved countless thousands, the Germans and Swedes have housed hundreds of thousands, all to our detriment across Europe. Get on our level, Canada.
    Why do they have to do as much those countries? Is it not enough that they take some?

Quote Originally Posted by Shkreek View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Watch out dude, someone might see Breitbart and get triggered.

That only took 99 minutes.

I think the main problem is that they're allowing a flood of refugees into countries with different standards without ensuring that said refugees understand what they're getting into.

Take the German issue awhile back with refugees acting out against schoolgirls because of "short skirts" or women going to pools near where they were being housed. You can't just accept people willy nilly and expect them to just "get with the program". They're going to want to try and hold onto as much of their old ways as they can.

I'm not saying don;t accept them or demand they convert, but before you place them in public areas where their values may clash with locals, have them educated on the differences and make them understand that if they want to settle in the new country THEY have to adapt, not the other way around.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    I think the main problem is that they're allowing a flood of refugees into countries with different standards without ensuring that said refugees understand what they're getting into.

Take the German issue awhile back with refugees acting out against schoolgirls because of "short skirts" or women going to pools near where they were being housed. You can't just accept people willy nilly and expect them to just "get with the program". They're going to want to try and hold onto as much of their old ways as they can.

I'm not saying don;t accept them or demand they convert, but before you place them in public areas where their values may clash with locals, have them educated on the differences and make them understand that if they want to settle in the new country THEY have to adapt, not the other way around.
    ... allowing?

The fact that terrorist attacks keep on happening really. That's all I have.

- - - Updated - - -

Who is?
    /10 character
    Israel doesn't really have any terroist attacks... they are at war but the two are different if anything that is another point for the wall

Deleted
    Israel doesn't really have any terroist attacks... they are at war but the two are different if anything that is another point for the wall
    Well... thats not true. Israel is after experiencing a pretty nasty wave of attacks now.

Well... thats not true. Israel is after experiencing a pretty nasty wave of attacks now.
    Against the wall...